[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New York
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: avion.jpg (32 KB, 820x496) Image search: [Google]
avion.jpg
32 KB, 820x496
>Go to Empire State rooftop
>Go to 9/11 ground zero
>Take Staten Island ferry
>Go to Bronx zoo

>Travel by subway

Please add some other fine places.
>>
I had an enjoyable walk along the Coney Island beach when I went.
>>
>>1094999

Yeah, that place seems cute in [spoiler]Cloverfield.[/spoiler]
>>
Central Park

Also I'm jealous as fuck and plan to live in NYC within 3 years
>>
>>1095000
I've never seen the movie so I wouldn't know :S
>>
>>1095001

Which things worth to do there?
>>
>>1095001

Why would you want to live in NY? I understand the appeal of visiting, got some great museums and places to see. But expensive as fuck, loud, noisy, stressful. Why put your daily life through that?
>>
>>1095001
please please please, as a 23 year old who grew up in nj and works in nyc, understand how utterly e x p e n s i v e it is. brooklyn and manhattan are through the roof with their rent prices, unless you're making +$80k. consider jersey city and hoboken, because that is where all the city folk are heading. and i'm not just saying this as a hipster fag, i'm saying this as one /trv/ shitposter to another.
>>
NYC is dead. just like paris. visit, eat some food, enjoy the night life but don't fantasize about it too much.

check out the hudson river piers, china town, washington heights & bike the bridges

(new yorkah here)
>>
I'm getting the fuck outta here. Bk so much. Williamsburg lost its charm and the place a shit now. Been here 6 years, loved it, hated it, hating my life. So I either leave Nyc, or I leave my body behind. Not trolling.
>>
>>1095060

>don't fantasize about it too much.

It's not the trip of my life, but it is in my "cities that sucks living in but could stay some days" list.
>>
(new yorker here)
Walk the highline (abandoned elevated railroad tracks turned into park) all the way (about 20 blocks).
Go to Williamsburg and laugh the at bearded hipsters.
Go to Flushing and have some Asian food. (Take the 7 train - which is mostly elevated and has a great view) to the last stop in queens, walk around. if nothing else, eat at the food court in the basement of the mall that's next to the train station.
>>
>>1095131

Is Queens safe? I wanto to go besides Flushing to Woodside.
>>
>>1095131
There are no hipsters left in will burg. All your Manhattan island fucks decided to invade it and now it's a big steaming pile of shit.
>>
The Cloisters

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cloisters
>>
>>1095135
Pretty safe. Jamaica is the one neighborhood that you should be wary especially South Jamaica. Jamaica Avenue has good priced clothing stores and stuff between Sutphin and 168 Street. A little ghetto but good bargains.
>>
>>1095272

Thanks.
>>
>>1095127
i know this feel m8, i hate new york now but it's all i've ever known so i dont know where the fuck to go
>>
>>1096244
I don't know if you're a poorfag or what, but as you're a resident, I have a question. How do poor/regular people literally live in NYC? I just don't get it. When rent is like 2500 a month an shit.
>>
>>1096301
they live in queens and shitty parts of brooklyn, where you get stabbed for looking like a guy who knows a guy
>>
>>1095127
thank god please leave

>6 years ago

billyburg lost it's charm in 98
>>
>>1096301
>>1096244
come to the little apple m9s. http://www.startribune.com/it-s-official-twin-cities-best-place-to-live-in-nation-says-list-of-lists/339920402/
>>
>>1096318
>>1096301
>>1096244
forgot pic.

Also housing is cheap as fug
>>
>>1096319
> litterally where ?
>>
File: 14441183818_f12ec30548_z.jpg (87 KB, 640x424) Image search: [Google]
14441183818_f12ec30548_z.jpg
87 KB, 640x424
>>1096322
Minneapolis famalam
>>
>>1094997
Hey New York...

How's it feel being thrown under the bus by your ex-representative?

Hillary clearly doesn't give a fuck about you.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.