[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Japan General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
File: Film7140_20.jpg (3 MB, 2048x3089) Image search: [Google]
Film7140_20.jpg
3 MB, 2048x3089
New Japan General:

As always, feel free to ask about:
>Traveling to Japan
>Living in Japan
>Teaching in Japan
>Joining the Yakuza
>Getting your wee fantasies crushed

*Info on prostitution*
>http://rockitreports.com/category/sex-in-tokyo/
>http://erolin.net/

*Note about the JR Rail Pass*
Many people ask about whether or not the JR Rail Pass is worth it. It depends on your itinerary.

>http://www.hyperdia.com/en/
Plug your itinerary into Hyperdia to determine ticket costs, then compare to the below JR Pass options:
>7 day Pass: 29,110¥
>14 day Pass: 46,390¥
>21 day Pass: 59,350¥

Please check the /trv/ sticky before asking questions. It's filled with links to great resources, many of them specific to Japan travel.

Please refer to the old thread while it's still up: >>1091402
>>
First for tokyo is a meme city
>>
Anyone going to Tokyo on 6th of may or later on? I'll be leaving from Romania or Hungary.

How's this spot? I'll be 2 weeks in Tokyo.
https://goo doo.oot gl/KYEo1y
>>
>>1093715
Post a valid url you mongoloid.
>>
>>1093720
delete the doo.oot but leave the point
>>
Reposting my question

I'm gonna be in tokyo for a week going to different districts and stuff like that (think shibuya/shinjuku/yurakucho/tokyo soramichi etc). Would it be more efficient to sleep in and stay up late to see more stuff or to go to bed early and get up early?
>>
>>1093660
Beautiful pictures anon, I'm jelly of your camera and /p/ skills
>>
>>1093724
Most efficient would be to wake up before the sun comes up and make the best use of your daylight. Unless you're planning on doing tons of night activities.
>>
>>1093715
It's a boring business district. everything closed at night.
>>1093724
Depends what you want to see. For gardens, amusement parks, zoo's and so on get up as early as you can as they tend to fill up with tourists later on. For bars and clubs, get up whenever your hangover passes.
>>
Anyone gonna be in Tokyo next week?
>>
>>1093731
I'm gonna be in your mom next week.
>>
>>1093731
I'm gonna be in tokyo in May
>>
>>1093735
That would require a fair bit of effort on your part, it's not worth it.
>>
Anyone here ever try picking up a JK?
>>
>>1093741
it's not like Highschool girls are some magical creatures that are different to Highschool girls where you are from you know
>>
>>1093742
A third of the high school girls where I am don't prostitute themselves out on a regular basis though.
>>
>>1093743
They only whore out to japanese men.
Not even their hookers would degrade themselves with a white pig.
>>
>>1093746
Even though I'm an attractive white pig?
>>
>>1093741
Are you the faggot who keeps asking about enjo kosai?
>>
>>1093750
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uC4AUyju7k
>>
>>1093753
No but I would be interested in more info about it.
>>
File: DSC00756.jpg (337 KB, 1146x1440) Image search: [Google]
DSC00756.jpg
337 KB, 1146x1440
>>1093726
thank you! It means a lot.

It was actually my first own camera, I bought it during my second day in tokyou (much cheaper than in Sweden).
It's a Sony RX 100 II that I'd recommend to any half-serious amateur backpacking photographer, since it takes great pictures but also can take quite a lot of damage.

After that, the rest is just taking the damn pictures, and believe me, I took A LOT.
Unfortunately I was very bad at aiming the camera at people, so even though I have a lot of great sceneris there are almost no pictures of all the amazing people I met, that's something I deeply regret.

As a bonus, have a selfie
>>
>>1093765
I'm guessing you didn't use the auto setting.
>>
>>1093765
Really liked the colour tones of your shots, did you do much pp?
>>
>>1093768
the auto setting is honestly quite good, and it being my first "proper" camera i did a lot of mistakes (like having it in "S"-mode and only changing the shutter speed, never aperture for a loong time etc).

But yes, I wanted to, and took most of my photos in manual. Which also is really quite easy after just a day or two getting used to it. The rest is lightroom/photoshop skills, and of course, "seeing" the images before you take them. This is also something you quickly get better at after just a week or so.

>>1093772
pp?
>>
>>1093773
post processing. like, did you play around with curves a lot or is that how they come out of the camera?
>>
File: DSC02394.jpg (8 MB, 5472x3648) Image search: [Google]
DSC02394.jpg
8 MB, 5472x3648
>>1093772
>>1093773
ah, post-processing.

Yeah, I did, and I've actually redone some of these images three-four times over the past year to practice and apply new things that I've learned.

As you can see I was an alright photographer already, but luckily you can't see how shit I was at the whole PP process.

I've been lucky, and taken initiatives of my own, and have improved tremendously in the past six months when it comes to just that. Going back and re-doing old images in lightroom has been a great eye-opener to how shit I was hah.

Here's an "original edit" image from before: Sure, the difference isn't THAT great, but it's there, and it certainly makes the difference between being a "nice picture" and an "are you a photgrapher?- picture", I think.
>>
File: DSC00069.jpg (5 MB, 5472x3648) Image search: [Google]
DSC00069.jpg
5 MB, 5472x3648
>>1093772
>>1093775
Good to hear that you liked them though, I myself wasn't 100% sure, I still feel some resistance to heavy editing, and felt that I upped the green and blue a bit too much, making them feel "fake" and overly saturated.

Also, sorry to everyone for making a fucking blog out of the japan general, I'll keep it more on topic in the future!
>>
>>1093781
Are you also a buyfag
>>
What's a good place to go hunting for niche/vintage electronics in Tokyo?

Specifically, but not limited to keyboards. I'm hoping to find something with ALPS or clones or some other more niche switches that isn't crazily priced. Other vintage shit like a buckling spring board would also be cool. Does anyone have experience with this?

I already have a Topre in case anyone's wondering, so that's not really of huge interest.
>>
>>1093797
Akihabara
>>
>>1093798
I'm aware of Akihabara, but are there any other places worth checking?

Or is akihabara the mekka for all things electronic?
>>
>>1093680
is it always the same person open up the "japan general" thread? maybe you guys should just go there if you are so obsessed about that cuntry, instead of talking the same bullshit over and over again, on a anonymous board. i just dont get it...
>>
>>1093800
In Tokyo it's pretty much the mecca for that stuff. I remember walking through an alleyway close to the train station that was just tons of shops with outdated electronics and stuff like vacuum tubes, it was just random assortments of junk.
>>
>>1093680
>>1093680
is it always the same person open up the "japan general" thread? maybe you guys should just go there if you are so obsessed about that cuntry, instead of talking the same bullshit over and over again, on a anonymous board. i just dont get it... i mean just do it, stop talking about it
>>
Who /a/ here
>>
>>1093803
Nice, that's exactly what I'm looking for.
>>
>>1093801
It was decided some time ago that by creating a Japan general it would condense many threads into one. So far it has been working quite well. I prefer it to 20-30 threads with 3-4 responses each. It declutters a slow moving board.
>>
>>1093788
Nah, the photo is from the airbnb i stayed at in Tokyo
>>
>>1093803
its not junk mate, if you have expensive equipment/ electronics with hard to find parts this is the place to go.
>>
This might be a stupid question but I'll be passing through Narita airport soon. I'm not traveling to Japan but is there anything interesting and uniquely Japanese I can do or see without going out of security?
>>
>>1093816
Nice, that's exactly what I'm looking for.
>>
>>1093815
so its always different people discussing here?? how do they know aboutt that "decision"? looks like one person is like the admin here...
>>
>>1093754
kek, what if you're not white? How do nips react to arabs?
>>
>>1093818
is it like that on other airports?? wtf do you expect? in 2002 there where toilets, smoking areas and little shops for food drinks and small stuff... suprised?
>>
>>1093829
Airports differ a lot. Big transit airports like Dubai and Singapore have lots of things to do.

You shouldn't act like a smartass when you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>1093820
who knows, its not really that important anyway.
>>
>>1093818
All I know is the Ramen I got at NRT before leaving Japan was god awful, quite the sendoff after enjoying it almost every night during my stay...
>>
>>1093835
im pretty stupid but i saw a lot of airports. you are right, actually we just need to travel to the airports to see the uniquely stuff....
>>
>>1093839

I mean Japan isn't my final destination so obviously I'm not coming to a fucking airport to try to see a country. Just wondered if there was anything neat or out of the ordinary there.
>>
File: 1458344318012.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1458344318012.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
How long is long enough for tokyo?(only staying in tokyo)
1 week?
2weeks?
10 days?
>>
>>1093836
no not important, but its fucking sick...
>>
>>1093842
lmao what? Would you rather have a bunch of random threads about japan instead?

>>1093841
At LEAST 3 weeks.
>>
>>1093845
no i dont give a fuck about how many threads ther are. the joy of life to me means, to see, hear, do different stuff but all i see every day is people doing saying the same shit every day, travel the same country again and again and now i felt free to ask: why? thats it
>>
>>1093845
>3 weeks
Can you justify that? That seems excessive to me - at least as someone who spent a while in west Japan before going to Tokyo.

>>1093848
You write like a RealTraveller. Get out of here filth.
>>
>>1093848
>the joy of life to me means, to see, hear, do different stuff
Shocking news! People are different! Some people just like Japan and Japanese culture (anime) so much they just cant get enough of it.
>>
>>1093850
ok sir, i even promise never to come back. btw you write like everybody else. have fun
>>
>>1093848
By that logic we should just get rid of /trv/. I mean it's all people talking about travelling, right?

>>1093856
You mean properly?
>>
>>1093845
3 weeks? how long do you take to explore the whole country? 50 years?
>>
>>1093861
The rest of the country is barely even worth seeing. So a month total after the 3 weeks in tokyo

>>1093850
2-2.5 weeks doing stuff in Akihabara, then the rest of the time seeing other places in tokyo
>>
>>1093862
I...
You...
No.
Just no.
>>
>>1093862
>The rest of the country is barely even worth seeing
The best are in the country isn't Tokyo though, it's Kyoto.
>>
>>1093864
Kyoto is boring as fuck after you've spent the weekend seeing all the temples and shrines. Osaka is the much better city in the region. The amenities of Tokyo with a completely different vibe and type of people
>>
>>1093906
Walk through all the stores
>>
>>1093910
For 2-2.5 weeks?
>>
>>1093819
Haha, good luck getting that one. It's super popular now and fully booked for months ahead. Do give it a shot though, check for a-pop base hous akihabara. Riki the owner is the best type of otaku (the social, non-fat one) and his mate hattori is really fun.

..I just realised that you might've meant the actual figurine. In that case, good luck, you know better than I where to find those
>>
>>1093920
Nobody's forcing you to stay in Akiba for 2 weeks, what the fuck
>>
File: 1455285176484.jpg (109 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1455285176484.jpg
109 KB, 900x900
>>1093801
>>1093815
>>1093820
>>1093836
>>1093842
>>1093845
>>1093848
>>1093853
>>1093857

Stop feeding the troll holy shit
>>
>>1093906
I enjoyed the Final Fantasy Cafe.
>>
>>1093818
You can buy some Japanese food or candy. Maybe mochi or green tea flavored Kitkat's or whatever.
>>
>>1093924
What if all those replies were trolls and now you're feeding them? Check mate.
>>
>>1093927
There's also a gundam cafe but the lines are atrocious.
>>
Anyone got any advice on how to bring purchased products from Japan back to the UK?

Any advice on Shipping stuff, Best Methods and general experiences from others on bringing shit back into the UK via shipping or through airports.
>>
>>1093630

they're called 'long-johns'
>>
>>1093645
this is going to be my new phone background
>>
>hey i want to move into a new apartment!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebo3OQBl9FA
>>
>>1093934
and its fucking stupid
>>
in Osaka. somebody up for a drink?
>>
>>1093946
You put whatever you bought in your suitcase/luggage/bags and fly home???
>>
>>1094016
>stuff
probably means lolicon or something
>>
Is there anything I should be aware of when it comes to taking 18+ material out of the country?

I'm not interested in lolishit so that shouldn't be a problem for entering my country (other from the fact that the border guards may or may not give me some strange looks) but what about leaving Japan with ero stuff?
>>
>>1094065
where you from? I took like 20-30 doujinshi, mostly loli stuff with me, no problemo

Unless you get checked of course but that rarely happens
>>
>>1094067
Switzerland.

I'm not particularily concerned about the border guard in my country checking shit, I just remember reading something about the ones in Japan confiscating shit with visible pubic hair or something so I was wondering if there's some other stuff I should know of.
>>
How is Tokyo during Golden Week? Is it even possible to get a hotel room at this point?
>>
Anybody remember what the website was for doing homeshare in Japan? Sounded like a good way to stay more long term.
>>
>>1094091
Why don't you look online to see if hotels are full or not?
>>
>>1094067
I got checked because I was an idiot and got my dad a katana letter opener and didn't realize that counts as a knife. Having to watch a cute airport security girl dig through my doujin and toys was painful but luckily it was all allowed through
>>
>>1094097
sakura house maybe?
>>
>>1094100
I started doing that right after my post. I was more interested in hearing people's first hand experience of being in Tokyo during Golden Week and seeing if there was anything in particular I should be on the lookout for.
>>
>>1094128
I'm going next week, and it's already hard to find hotels that aren't ridiculously expensive. I imagine it'll be much worse during golden week. If Japan during golden week is anything like it is around new year's expect everything to be much busier than normal, especially the shinkansen.
>>
Thinking of spending a couple of weeks in Japan during the holiday season

Anyone done this before? Good idea, bad idea?
>>
>>1093731
I'll be there the 1st of April
>>
>>1094140
During Christmas/New Year's? Just know that around New Year's everything is gonna be busy, so if you're taking the Shinkansen from the 30th-3rd or so get your tickets ahead of time or you might end up having to stand. Other than that it's just busier than normal, nothing too bad unless you wanna join in on the hatsumode fun.
>>
>>1094141
I'll be there 4th of April!
>>
I'm planning on taking a trip with 3 friends around next Spring (planning really early). We're staying for about 3 weeks and hope to cover as much ground as possible.
What would be a good 'roadmap' to follow?
We plan on spending at least 1.5 weeks in Tokyo, would it be wise to go to Tokyo in the beginning of our trip or towards the end?
>>
>>1094180
Also another question, what towns/villages are not worth visiting?
>>
>>1093934
I went there. There was no line and no wait but the food was pretty awful. Especially for what it cost.
>>
Looking up onsen places to go to after arriving to fight the jetlag. I have a small tattoo on my bicep that will be easy to cover up. Are most places okay with that? Some say "no visible tattoos" and some say no people with tattoos allowed whatsoever. How strict is this?

>>1094164
Cool, how long are you going to be there for?
>>
>>1094265
27 days. Wanna hook up?
>>
File: IMG_20150626_152847.jpg (3 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150626_152847.jpg
3 MB, 4160x3120
>>1093948
Ah, thanks!
>>1093949
Cheers
>>
>>1094268
Yeah, any ideas of what to do? I'm pretty much going in blind
>>
File: CdHuy_qUUAAS4mU.jpg (158 KB, 600x851) Image search: [Google]
CdHuy_qUUAAS4mU.jpg
158 KB, 600x851
>>1094281
Same here. I only got myself 7 days jr railpass but I'll plan to use it 18-24 to go to Osaka & Kyoto. Everything else will be just exploring Tokyo.

Are you a friend of j-core and/or harder music by any chance? I want to go to this one gig (pic related) which happens to be on my birthday 10th of April. I'm also up for just a beer.

Hit me up with email [email protected] so we can exchange info. I'll reply when I have time.
>>
Hey, bros, what's the income tax in Japan? If they offer me 300-250k yen per month, how much money will I really get?
>>
>>1094016
Besides the Obvious, I was referring more to the use of Japans postal system, so i should have originally stated that. Has anyone ever used said postal system to send Shit back that they've bought? If so, what post methods, cost, did it work? etc.
I'm debating using surface Mail to send some shit back but not sure how successful it would be.

>>1094029
>Stuff
Shitload of Chocolate (Got a big thing for Dars) and KitKats,
Sweets and Confectionary (The kinda shit UK Plebs dont have)
General Electronics (Headphones, Shit for my Rig)
Cigarettes (Dem Larks)
Aftershaves/Perfumes
General Souvenirs.
>>
>>1094314
I sent a few books home by mail, what of it? Check the rates depending on the weight at https://www.post.japanpost.jp/cgi-charge/index.php?lang=_en and compare it to what it would cost you in fees to bring another bag on the plane. For me it was worth sending it up til about 7kg if I remember correctly.
>>
>>1094307
I make about the same and pay 1 million yen in taxes every year, leaving about 1.5 to 2 million yen in actual salary.
>>
>>1094321
Where do you live, bro? Osaka or Tokyo? Do you actually have to rent out a meat locker and live like a cockroach, or you can have decent life?
>>
>>1094330
I live in the country in a nice 2LDK. I make plenty to live comfortably.
>>
I was wondering if someone could clear something up for me please. I'm from the UK and I want to stay in Japan for 6 months. According to japan-guide, I only need my passport to enter as a temporary visitor, and I just need to apply for an extension:

>http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2221.html
>If you are a citizen of Austria, Germany, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Mexico, Switzerland or the United Kingdom, you have the possibility to extend your stay to a total of up to six months. You still initially enter Japan on a 90 day permit, but can then apply for an extension at an immigration bureau in Japan.

What confuses me is that according to the Embassy of Japan in the UK's website, it states:
>http://www.uk.emb-japan.go.jp/en/visa/temporary.html
>UK and Irish passport holders are NOT required to obtain a visa if they wish to enter Japan for the purpose of journey described above for a period of 6 months or less. (Note 1, 2)

But then if you read the "Sightseeing, visiting friends etc." visa application requirements under "Documentation" on the same page, it has a lot of other requirements not mentioned on either of those pages I've linked that seem to indicate that that I do indeed need to apply for a temporary visitor's visa even if I'm from the UK. Will I be fucked if I don't apply for the visa, even though both sites state I don't need it? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but I really don't understand whether I need this or not. Any help would be very appreciated.
>>
>>1094314
Besides surface mail, your options are (from slowest to fastest) SAL/RSAL, Airmail/Registered Airmail and EMS. EMS is registered by default. Registered means you'll be able to track your shipment and I think it also counts as an insurance in case your pckage goes missing or gets destroyed. You do NOT want to use surface mail. It can seriously take up to 4 months. SAL is fine, it'll take up to 3 weeks max. If you don't care about paying a bit more go for either Airmail or EMS (I prefer Airmail), it'll arrive quickly. Airmail is a bit less expensive, but takes maybe 1-3 days longer than EMS.

Just don't do surface mail ever, unless you're really poor and don't care about waiting 1/4 year.
>>
>>1093731
I am. Where do you wanna meet?
>>
>>1094333
Do you think it's possible to live on 250k Y per month in Tokyo?
>>
>>1094424
yeah? Definitely. I live decently off less than that in Sweden and Tokyo is cheaper as long as you're not getting a very central, big apartment or eat at fancy resturants all the time.
>>
>>>1094194
Who are you giving the gift to? the friend?
In any case, yes, edibles are standard and preferred, but something small like your rabbit is absolutely fine as well.

Honestly I think your present is beyond great, it's cute, it's something you made yourself and it's related to the "event".
>>
>>1094424
Look for a 1dk along seibu ikebukuro or shinjuk line.
If the station is a rapid line stop that's a plus.

Also check out saitama or chiba.

You can get a 1 room with shared kitchen for cheap in the city centre if you're lucky and know people.
>>
Speaking of meeting up, I'll be in Tokyo(Chuuouku) from the 11th to the 21st. My main board is /a/. You can contact me at [email protected]
>>
>>1094446
>>1094426
Is it worth to try taking the job? I'm 24 and from Eastern Europe - was willing to try something new in my life. Figured it was either this or moving to Hong Kong.
>>
>>1094388
Where are you staying? I'll be in Akihabara the 28th-30th and Ueno the 30th-1st. The 29th would be a good day to meet up.
>>
Accidentally tried to break into someone's home because I was too drunk to realize it wasn't mine

Pretty sure I also got mugged and pissed out of a driving taxi that night
>>
>>1094510
You sound like you know how to have a good time anon. Not sure how you got mugged in Japan though.
>>
File: 1420823136406.jpg (86 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1420823136406.jpg
86 KB, 1920x1080
>>1094511
damn wrong thread
>>
>>1094479
I don't anything about you or your situation but I'd say do it ten out of ten times. You very rarely regret stuff like that, and I honestly can't say that I'm anything but jealous. What kind of job is it? if you don't mind me asking.

With that said, HK is sweet as fuck as well
>>
>>1094511
petty crime is common an under reported in Japan, so not all that surprising
>>
In Sapporo now, but I am from /pol and oldfgt so not looking to meet anyone. On the other hand if you know anything weird as "another reason" to check out please do tell me.
>>
>>1093841
I would say about 100 hours so 6 nights.
>>
>>1094068
You'll have to check the laws for Switzerland. You won't get hassled for taking porn out of the country as long as you're not trying to subvert trade laws (you'd have to fill up a speedboat with tentacle doujinshi to do that). If it is legal in your country then you won't have any problems.
>>
>>1094540
No offers yet, but I've seen lots of potential in going there and teach English. I've been doing this for 4 years in my country - from tutoring to whole groups in Universities.

Only problem is - I'm from Eastern Europe, so nips may start asking questions about how "native" my English really is.

Or you're going to break my heart and tell me that I've got zero chances and those postings I've seen online mean nothing?
>>
>>1094557
Sapporo beer garden
>>
>>1094577
I realize we're on 4chan, and I myself am not like an easily offended PC person or anything but really, if you're set on going to Japan to teach English you might want to start by not calling Japanese people "Nips." Have some respect, man, sheesh.
>>
>>1094607

what's the PC nomenclature for nips?
>>
>>1094611
Japs
>>
>>1094612
walk on
>>
>>1094611
Uh, how about "Japanese" or "Japanese people" is that too difficult?
>>
File: Flag Japan.jpg (16 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
Flag Japan.jpg
16 KB, 470x313
Does anyone know of a good website that tells you what time the ski season closes for each ski resort?
>>
>>1094607
My mistake, bro. Didn't want to trigger anything.
>>
Hi everyone , might be planning to travel to japan in around June or July .. Just curious how do everyone manage their accommodations if you all go to different parts of Japan a lot . ?
>>
File: Hai.png (139 KB, 836x570) Image search: [Google]
Hai.png
139 KB, 836x570
What is there to do in this region of Japan I can't find anything that interests me, am I missing something?
>>
>>1094577
>break my heart
Of course not, fucking do it man. With that said, they will definitely want some type of certificate etc to back up your English skills. You should obviously also stress your experience and try to get some japanese person to vouch for you, like a teacher at uni or whatever.
Good luck, i've thought about the whole "teaching-english-in-asia" thing before but ended up studying civil Engineering instead so I'm kind of stuck with that for the moment
>>
>>1094679
I went during the same time last year (15/06-29/07) and had no trouble getting accommodation at guest houses, booking one or two days in advance. I missed out on like, two places because they were fully booked but since I didn't have a schedule or set-in-stone plan it didn't matter much.

>>1094697
Hah, no, that whole area is amazing, but there's not a lot to "do". It's more about getting the feeling and submersing yourself in a Japan that seems to have stood still for many many years.
>>
Sup /trv/, going to Japan in June. I'll be staying in tokyo for the first week, and I'm asking your advice because I need to book an hostel and I don't want to fuck this up.
I'm looking for a solo traveler-friendly hostel, where it's really easy to meet people and the staff is polite and helpful, I don't really care about prices. I don't know if this helps, but the Bed Station Hostel in Bangkok is the type of accomodation i'm talking about.

Please help a mate out
Cheers
>>
>>1094577
do you have a degree from an college in the anglosphere or did you grew up in an English speaking country or something?
>>
>>1094708
I've got a degree in a University that produces 90% of diplomats in my country. I was one of them for half a year (protocol life sucks).

Didn't grow up in an English speaking country, just realized that my English is pretty much the only skill I've got and I need to develop it ASAP.

>>1094700
Thanks for the certificate. I've got a degree that says that I'm a good teacher, if that counts.

Which certificate would help me most? CELTA?

And about your civil engineering - do you regret it? Or do you want to graduate and still try "teaching-english-in-Asia"?
>>
>>1093873
>Kyoto is boring as fuck after you've spent the weekend seeing all the temples and shrines
I'm curious - why do you travel?
>>
>>1094703
>Hah, no, that whole area is amazing,
a lot of temples? nature, old houses? What would you recommend in this area?

I'm just wondering if it's worth the trouble of getting to see some of these isolated places since I will see some temples in Kyoto, the 88 temple pilgrimage and some old style houses at Ainokura.
>>
>>1094711
ah I see. I'm a non native myself and I thought the door to teaching English in Japan is pretty much locked without being a native speaker. Let me know how it goes for you!
>>
>>1094736
I don't think they know any difference between an American and a Russian.

Incidentally, my Russian friend pretended to be an American to score some pussy there, Worked like a charm.
>>
>>1094771
>I don't think they know any difference between an American and a Russian

pretty sure they know as soon as they ask for a passport or degree m8
>>
>>1094697
There's the Zao Fox Village. I spent a night in Sendai and that's kind of a cool city from what I did see.
>>
>>1094794
There is also Tashirojima, the cat island. Not much to see there besides cats...
>>
File: image.jpg (650 KB, 1997x1237) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
650 KB, 1997x1237
Japanese websites are incredibly confusing to use and lacking on information. What's up with this crazy train? It is a translation error right? It means that you have to pay for the zoo ticket, the train ticket plus 520 yen and not just the zoo ticket plus 520 yen right? The regular train ticket is much more expensive than that with the zoo ticket included, if that were the case we would have people buying a zoo ticket just to get a cheap ride to Asahikawa. Am I right?
>>
>>1094725
Hmm, it's difficult to say because I've honestly only been there for a short while as a kid, the rest I've heard from others and the internet.

I wouldn't compare the kyoto shrines and temples to the ones in the countryside, it's a whole different experience, however, if you're heading down to shikoku, and even going to ainokura then I dunno about touhoku.

I'd probably reason like this:
Do you know Japanese?
Do you have time to spend a week there doing almost nothing, just getting the "feeling" of the area?
Do you have any means of transport except by train/bus?
Are you travelling alone? (a no to this one kind of nullifies the japanese question)

That's what i'd ask myself before heading up to touhoku. I'd love to go there if I had a lot of time, knew japanese and were able to get around by my own car/bike. Especially if I went with a girlfriend or something.
>>
>>1094771
Yeah, they other english teachers might not even be able to tell, the whole certificate thing is just to get through the first selection to an interview.

>>1094711
I didn't know about CELTA before, the one usually mentioned in these circles is TESL. Check with the actual schools in Japan and what they demand.

And no, I don't regret Civil Engineering in the slightest. I'm having the time of my life and enjoy the feeling of knowing that I'll be able to have a stable income and a good education to "fall back on" for the rest of my life. With that said, I'm definitely not done with adventuring and travelling. Currently doing an average of five trips abroad a year while studying so I'm getting my share, but i'm taking a break next year to go away for a longer period of time than just a week here and there.

The "teach abroad" thing definitely isn't of the charts yet either, though I'd probably aim for Hong Kong/shanghai/korea instead of Japan. I'd like to work and live in japan but not for a japanese employer.
>>
>>1094801
>Japanese websites are incredibly confusing to use and lacking on information.

uh-hu, tell me about it. I've often considered trying to get some web-developing job in japan just to be able to make the shittiest pages ever and get payed. Also,
>no Jquery
>no html5
>no css3
>no javascript
Shit would be cash, just do some html and make some cute buttons.

Considering the image and prices, isn't it just two different tickets? One (more expensive I hope) "Access Ticket" that gves you both, and one ordinary ticket that you have to add 520円 to to ride the train?

You can link me the Japanese version if you want me to double-check
>>
>>1094807
Define "stable income"? How much on average civil engineer gets per month after taxes?

Because I'm 23 and I earn 1500-2500$ per month (after taxes). Teaching and tutoring rules.
>>
What's a good resource to learn some basic Japanese?
>>
>>1094823
distance course at some university.

Seriously though, check for apps, there are heaps of actually quite good learning tools for basic sentences and phrases.
Anki, Obenkyou, memrise, etc..
>>
>>1094823
check the DJT on /a/
>>
>>1094810
dude I really don't want to turn this into some bragging contest. What I meant by "stable" was rather the fact that I might change, I might tire of travelling, or want to try my luck at something else, etc. And knowing then that I have a full education that will make it easy for me to get a fairly good job quickly is reassuring.
In the end I never had any doubts that I'd go to Uni at some point. The whole university culture that exists here in Sweden is unparalleled and something that I wouldn't miss out on for anything. And if I'd waited for too long then it wouldn't have been the same, I would've been too old
>>
>>1094871
You got me wrong, bro. What I meant to say is that it's perfectly normal to choose teaching instead of X occupation. It pays off either way. You're not risking anything.
>>
File: qn6Pd6g.jpg (153 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
qn6Pd6g.jpg
153 KB, 1080x720
>>1094876
ah, all right.
And yes, you're obviously right, but for me it still feels like a "risk", albeit small.
I guess I'm just still the type who can't "let go" completely like some of the backpackers I've met who just leave everything behind and go away to SE for years at a time.

Does anyone have the printscreens of the guy here at /trv/ talking about him travelling and teaching in the streets around the world? I'd like to read it again, think about life a bit
>>
File: notthemanthisworlddeserves.jpg (1 MB, 1024x2679) Image search: [Google]
notthemanthisworlddeserves.jpg
1 MB, 1024x2679
>>1094892
Found it
>>
What can I do in Nakano apart from Nakano Broadway?
>>
>>1094908
Are you visiting there just for Nakano broadway or?
>>
>>1094876
>You're not risking anything.
hate to break it to you pal
>>
>>1094908
Basically nothing besides standard stuff. Izakaya, karaoke, standard shopping, etc.
>>
>>1094913
Look above. I perfectly sustain myself on 1500-2500$ per month. And I work 15 days tops.
>>
>>1094801
>you have to pay for the zoo ticket, the train ticket plus 520 yen
That's correct.
>>
>>1094809
I really don't get why they never catched up with this.

>>1094961
Ok, thanks. I was in doubt because they have all sort of discount fares like rail pass and seishun 18 that can makes you save a lot of money but this one seemed too cheap.
>>
>>1094910
Mainly for Nakano Broadway. I'd like to visit some other places there, but there's a weirdly small amount of options on Trip Advisor. I could go to Uniqlo or Donki, but you can do that anywhere else in Tokyo. Apparently there's a planetarian in Nakano Zero, don't know if it's worth it.
>>
Anyone here that has flown to Tokyo from Copenhagen in an Airbus A340-300?
First time intercontinental flyer here and I'm wondering what to expect. Any type of entertainment on board, Wi-fi, socket plugs?
>>
>>1094993
A few stops down is kichijoji, there's inokashira koen which is a pretty nice park. Honestly I don't think there's anything else special about the area, really. Oh, and the Ghibli museum near Mitaka which is another couple stops down from kichijoji but you need to reserve tickets pretty far in advance, I think.
>>
>>1094894
Most of it seems pretty realistic for shitholes, I just don't understand how he still had money to keep traveling after being mugged twenty times in hueland. They take you to the ATM to get your money from the bank too there.
>>
>>1095023
I'm more curious about how he managed to get visas. And he actually carried his degree on him, according to the Romania part?
>>
>>1094994
Just google your carrier and interior, They are an older plane but so you'l be pushing shit up hill for USB/Socket plugs/Wifi etc unless retrofitted or you fly first class.

Most likely just the small seat TV with their choice of movies and tv shows. Just take your own charged laptop.
>>
/polfgt here, last day in Sapporo, then to Hakodate and towards Tokyo later..

some observations: Japs are getting better with english, there is a remarkable difference between 2009 when I was last time here and now. B-mobile "unlimited" prepaid SIM: it either doesn't work (me) or works with 64kbit/s speed. A ripoff, and other prepaid sims seem to be "100MB day" shits, load couple of pages here and there and you are done for the day. Otherwise Japan&people&culture rock as usually. I went from meh to would definitely nuke again in two days.
>>
>>1095040
How long you gonna be in tokyo?
>>
>>1094806
>>1094806

>Do you know Japanese?
>Do you have time to spend a week there doing almost nothing, just getting the "feeling" of the area?
>Do you have any means of transport except by train/bus?
>Are you travelling alone? (a no to this one kind of nullifies the japanese question)

Thanks this really helped me decide.
>>
So I took a job as an ALT. Been here for about a week, in the Ibaraki prefecture specifically. I'm loving what I'm seeing so far.

Being in one of the more rural places is fascinating, though in a very different way from what you'd see in the big name cities ofcourse.

I'm sure the honeymoon phase is gonna wear off soon, but I've got to say, people really undersell all the little ways that Japan is like the West.
>>
File: 2016-03-21 15.52.17.jpg (4 MB, 4096x2304) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-21 15.52.17.jpg
4 MB, 4096x2304
>>1094367
Thanks for the Advice Anon, Much appreciated.
I'll stick to using SAL and leave the Surface Mail for now. If I get too poor towards the end of my trip then I'll probably end up using it because It wont have anything i'll be distraught over if I lose/gets stolen.

>pic somewhat related.
A Hiroshima Survivor (left) and presumably a relative that I came across and made Paper Cranes with outside the A-Dome, Hiroshima, last Monday.
One of the nicest and most peaceful people ive ever met.
>>
>>1094994
Just check the flight info from the Company you're travelling with
>>
>>1095040
Check Sakuramobile, it worked great for me
>>
>>1094913
>>1094930
But it's not about that, what you're risking isn't "the ability to have a stable income" but rather "to be content with your job". People change and times change, and if you some day don't want to be a teacher it will be more difficult for you to find something else compared to a guy who studied engineering.

With that said, I think you'll be fine, just trying to make a point that there's a difference.

And in the end everything can be overruled by luck/personality/will

If you're really curious about salaries then a engineer here usually get 2-2,5k/month at his first job (once again, after taxes), and average out at 4,5k after a few years. (with the lower limit being quite close to that, while the upper is waay above)

Some professors/lecturers at University level can make it to the same amounts but at elementary and high-school the average is about 2,7k

Of course the nice part about teaching is the workdays, like you said. And teach language means you can work wherever you like. That kind of runs for an engineer as well though, at least if you're in business consulting which is where most people from my programme end up
>>
>>1095047
six nights, my friend is getting married there. he found his lady three years ago and has already married her but now they have another wedding there. luckily he knows some jp fellows as pervert as I, going to be fun after the ceremonies
>>
>>1094490
I have work related stuff going on on Tuesday. I'll be in Akihabara on Monday. First time going, so if you know a good place, I'm all for meeting up.
>>
I'll be landing in Narita, what's the fastest way to get to Shinjuku? Narita express or Skyliner?
>>
How frowned upon are vagabonds? Especially if they speak japanese?
>>
>>1093850
>as someone who spent a while in west Japan before going to Tokyo
whoah we've got a real traveler on our hands watch out!
>>
>>1095161
Skyliner is faster, NEX is free if you have a rail pass though
>>
>been to japan twice already
>going back this summer again
>each time for longer
will this ride ever end?
>>
>>1094611
I think it is elevens.
>>
>>1095069
>but I've got to say, people really undersell all the little ways that Japan is like the West.

Such as?
>>
>>1094704
I liked the Khaosan hostels.
>>
How soon do I have to buy a Japan Rail Pass I'm heading to Japan on April 9th, does it take a while to process?
>>
>>1095343
I think I bought it like 2 months before I went there, but it arrived within 7 days anyway.
It won't hurt having it earlier, and I would prefer to give myself some extra time in case it would get lost in post or something.
>>
>>1095343
All the companies who sell rail passes are resellers. The speed of shipping depends on the particular reseller you are buying from. I was in Mexico and I bought a pass from a French reseller once. It arrived within 48 hours.
>>
>>1095261
I have been there three times already (two of them 1 week-ish trips anyways), and I am already considering going a 4th time. I am not even a weeb. For some people it doesn't stop.

I think it is about the combination of quirky, exotic, clean, safe and modern, as well as the job ethic and attention to detail that the Japanese people tend to have. All made somewhat affordable by a weakened currency. It's kind of hard to beat really.
>>
>>1095364
I assume many of the ones who return hating Japan are the ones who were delusional about what it was to begin with. They go expecting an anime dream land where he will live his harem anime dream as the exotic foreigner but is crushed with the reality that cute school girls don't bump with him while holding a toast in their mouths, anime doesn't air all day and worse, it doesn't even have subtitles! and people will stare at you, specially if you are loud or act like a huge weeb but might stare at you just because you are an unusual sight around there too.

For me I went there for work expecting to be overworked and treated badly and left with a mostly positive image of Japan. Would totally live here and I'm here for the second time already, this time I have been here for over 6 months already.
>>
>>1095369
Shit, that's nice!.

I happen to have a good passport for a long stay there, and i've been thinking of actually doing it. Learn some language first, and then tour slowly. Perhaps even getting a remote job somewhere else and be based there for a few months. I've been thinking of doing this possibly next year.

May I ask what your current monthly budget is?. I have always been very curious regarding the finances of a long stay. A Japanese friend of mine told me that about 150k yen a month is enough for a regular living... but as a slow tourist I guess you'd spend a bit more than t hat in admissions and trying out restaurants and such.
>>
>>1095364
>>1095369
I went there as a weeb for the first time for a week, and returned a year after for a month to see countryside.

I'm going back 3rd time this summer.
>>
File: HanaSnatchLL.gif (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
HanaSnatchLL.gif
3 MB, 640x360
>>1095371
I'm not really traveling much. I'm here with my expenses paid. It is not enough to eat out every day but since I can cook and I'm better at getting discount stuff at supermarkets than the average housewife I manage to save enough money to buy myself superfluous things and travel on my holidays.

By using a bicycle as transport, cooking and learning at what time the supermarkets give discount you can save a lot of money. Depending on the item and place you can get up to 70% of discount making it cheaper than buying the ingredients and cooking. So I cook large amounts of food from time to time and freeze in individual portions so I have something different to eat when I don't have time to fight for some cheap meal or when I'm bored of them. Don't get me wrong, they are cheap but the taste is still pretty good, it is just that eating them often can be boring.

I also have instant food because they are fast convenient and I'm unable to try all the different flavors and they keep releasing new flavors and removing old ones every month.
>>
>>1095372
Any suggestions for the countryside? I am thinking of hitting up the alps next time, go to Takayama, Shirakawa and Kanazawa next time around. For one reason or another, i've always done the Tokyo -> Kyoto -> Osaka, and I've added variety through small side trips or day trips to Hakone, Kamakura, Koyasan and such. But it's getting a bit stale and it might be a tad boring to do the same thing all over again.

>>1095374
Ah, gotcha!. I thought you were staying there by yourself. Thanks for the tips tough!, I'll definitely take them into account for my next trip.

Isn't it too cumbersome to bike there, tough? At least around Kyoto and Osaka I noticed a lack of bike lanes, and the cyclists were dodging pedestrians continuously on the sidewalk. It did not look efficient since you can't really go fast that way.
>>
>>1095376
You still go 2~3 times faster than a pedestrian for a fraction of the effort. This allows you to go to a more distant supermarket/second hand store and buy things for cheaper than if you were to go to the convenience store or vending machine nearby and buy the same items. the same bottle that cost 150 yen on the vending machine can be bought for 90 yen on the supermarket (depends on the supermarket) So instead of walking one block to the convenience store you ride a bike for 3~4 blocks and get the same stuff for less and also check if there is any groceries on discount.
>>
>>1095376
I stayed for a few days in a hot spring Ryokan (Tazawa Onsen) in Aoki and I liked the lalps. If you're into mountain hiking it's probably a great place to go.

The Seto Inland sea has some islands that are practically deserted outside the tourism season. If you travel further to Takamatsu and Shikoku you get even deeper into the boonies. We were in Takamatsu last October, and it kind of had a nostalgic, somewhat mediterranean feel, with a lot of warmth. If I ever go to Japan on my own, I really want to go to Okayama, then do some Island-hopping over to Takamatsu while exploring the Setouchi Triennale art sites, and then continue on to other rural towns in Shikoku (like Kotohira - Konpira-san was awesome).

We also passed by Ito, and based our side trip into the Izukogen national park in a Minshuku there. The small harbour towns were a change of pace from the larger cities.
>>
Bruhs, what are best places to go out in Tokyo? i'll be there beginning of May.

Kind of sucks that subway doesn't ride during the night.. I'll have to find some hostel in the neighbourhood then.
>>
>>1095440
AKIBA
K
I
B
A
>>
>>1095441
why? Isn't that weeb HQ?
>>
>>1095446
It is. That's why we're all on this website in 1st place.
>>
>>1095446
Still is pretty cool even if you are not a weeb. The culture shock in itself already is interesting but as an Otaku consumist heaven Nakano Broadway seemed like a better place to dig for hidden treasures. If you want the best deals second hand stores on smaller cities are the place to go. But you are limited by what they have while on Tokyo you have nearly unlimited options of places to search.
>>
>>1095440
Roppongi mostly, Shibuya has some nice clubs too
>>1095454
I think he wanted places to go out to. Though Akihabara has Mogra, which can be a pretty interesting experience too
>>
Is it a bad idea to go in June with all the rainy days? Is the rain usually on and off, or just all day? Junes the cheaper option right now, but ill go in august if i have to.
>>
Should I even bring pants when I got to Japan in July? Would one be comfortable just wearing shorts?
>>
>>1095468
I was in Japan twice, once in June and once in August. In both cases, it was hot as fuck, humidity 101%, and random surprise light rain form time to time.
You will quickly learn to always take a small umbrella with you everywhere, regardless of the forecast.
>>1095470
I only had tshirts and shorts with me. That's all you really need.
>>
>>1095472
Thanks for your response regarding the pants!
>>
>>1095472
Would you reccommend it then? I dont mind if it rains lightly on and off all day. I imagined it would be raining pretty heavily for most of the days/month. Thats why Im asking, haha
>>
>>1095488
Would I recommend? I'm going back again this year...
Hope this answers your question
>>
>>1095488
>>1095491
Also the humidity there is so high that you are walking around wet all the time anyway. I loved it.
>>
>>1095488
I went in August and didn't have much rain (maybe 3-4 days total) so I guess it depends. Dunno how it is in June, but in August they have Festivals and Fireworks all the time so that's a plus
>>
>>1094365
Anyone please?
>>
>>1095468
Related to this, I'm going end of may. It'll be warm enough to be alright even without an umbrella, right? Would I even need to take a light jacket?
>>
>>1095503
No
>>
>>1095521
No to which? That I'll be okay without an umbrella or to the jacket?
>>
>>1095492
Only in the summer. It's pretty pleasant in the Spring and Fall. Might rain a little in Spring, but Summer is when the typhoons hit.
>>
>>1095529
Just buy an umbrella there. It's like 500 yen and you don't have to worry about packing a shitty little retractable umbrella that's too small to protect you anyway.
>>
>>1095544
>tfw my umbrella got stolen outside 7/11
>tfw had to steal someone else's
>>
>>1095458
Roppongi is AWFUL for clubs. It's the grossest club scene. There are a lot of clubs, but they're disgusting and for foreigners.

The REAL club scene is in Shibuya and at the super clubs scattered around the city, AgeHa and Womb are my all-time favorites.

If you INSIST on going to Roppongi, go to one of the non-scum clubs like Velfarre. Visiting Russian models like to go to that place and if you go to their dark couch room (I think it's like the 3rd floor?) at around 2am, you'll usually see those models making out with each other because that's the only reason that room exists.
>>
>>1095470
Shorts are comfortable, but you will look kind of goofy to locals, especially if you're in a city like Tokyo. Shorts are seen as kids clothes. Adults wear pants. Along the same lines regarding fashion in Tokyo, pay attention to your shoes. Don't wear some bullshit tennis shoes and a shitty backpack. Take some pride in your clothes and appearance. That way you're more likely to be approached by some Japanese people your age (assuming you're in your late teens-mid 20s) who want to find out more about you. If you dress like a typical shitty tourist, they won't bother.
>>
>>1095545
Yeah, umbrellas are basically communal property in Tokyo unless you have a really fancy one with a glossy wooden handle or something like that. You see abandoned umbrellas that are perfectly good to use everywhere.
>>
>>1095549
>Shorts are seen as kids clothes
If you are in college age, shorts are fine during the summer months, most Japanese wear them too.

Japanese will however abandon their shorts immediately on September 1st, even if its still 30+ degrees outside
>>
>>1095549
I was wearing shorts and I was still approached by some older couple that just wanted to chat.
>>
I got £700 and nothing to do, how much ching-chong land can I get?
>>
>>1095557
Thus the reason I specified a younger age range. Old people will talk to anyone, but they won't show you around to all the coolest spots in the city. If you just want a nice small talk chat, then that's what the old people will give you.

>>1095553
Ok, true SOME college kids wear shorts, but that doesn't mean just any shorts. They wear whatever's cool at the moment, probably some kind of chino shorts. Don't show up in baggy cargo shorts thinking it's the same.
>>
>>1095578
Not much because ching-chong land is China.
>>
>>1095578
Nothing cause flights are that much kek
>>
Are jeans acceptable attire as a tourist in the summer?
>>
>>1095586
Yes, but you will get drenched with rain/ sweat and they are a bitch to dry
>>
I'll be in Tokyo for a few months and I'm looking for a share house. Is western Tokyo fun for a single guy in his early 20s (by western Tokyo I mean around Suginami) ?
>>
>>1095625
Don't know shit about Tokyo but I can say taking the train is something every tourist should do when visiting any place ;)
>>
>>1095628
What
>>
File: gogojapan.jpg (420 KB, 1724x912) Image search: [Google]
gogojapan.jpg
420 KB, 1724x912
Anyone use gogo nihon? Is it okay?
>>
>>1095586
Yep. I wore jeans all the time in summer. Just don't bring baggy, shitty looking jeans. Don't worry about getting them wet because umbrellas are available everywhere for like $3.

I'd recommend something lighter, though. Maybe linen pants or something like that.
>>
>>1095655
>Just don't bring baggy jeans
What if I'm not gay and I don't wear skinny jeans?
How the fuck could you wear jeans in that heat anyway?
>>
>>1095625
Yes, yes, and more yes. All the most fun stuff in Tokyo happens around that area or within a 10 minutes train ride. There's so much to do and see there, you'll never be bored.
>>
>>1095656
Not baggy doesn't mean skinny. There's more than 2 types of jeans.

Just don't look like a pile of shit.

And it's easy to wear jeans in that heat as long as you're not 400lbs and you give yourself a week to adjust to the new climate.
>>
File: tourists.jpg (89 KB, 730x950) Image search: [Google]
tourists.jpg
89 KB, 730x950
>>1095586
Different anon, but what kind of attire is acceptable/recommended for summer, then? What should definitely be avoided?

I'm probably going to Tohoku and Hokkaido in August.
>>
>>1095663
Yes I guess that is what I mean to say as well.

I don't want to look like a gaijin that nobody would want to help, so for that reason, I am curious about what is the most comfortable (for July) clothing choice I could get away with while still looking respectable.

>>1095655
>>1095612
Thank you both very much for your responses!
>>
>>1095679
>>1095660
You are all overanalysing everything. Just go and enjoy yourself.
>>
File: Ski Japan.jpg (101 KB, 1200x659) Image search: [Google]
Ski Japan.jpg
101 KB, 1200x659
Which is the best Ski resort to go to?
I'm a beginner who'll need lessons
I hope to visit a resort before the season finishes in May? My dates are towards the end of the season though, 9th-14 of April.

Which resort would still have snow for my dates and be the best for a beginner? I've narrowed down my choices to.

Gala Ski Resort
Sapporo Teine Ski Resort
Furano Ski Resort

Just interested in what you guys think.
>>
>>1095679
>clothing choice I could get away with while still looking respectable.
You should wear a sport coat and slacks everyday, don't loosen the tie till after 7pm. A suit is better, but you can get by in a sport coat. Dark colors only, sock garters, no patterns, polished shoes and matching belt.
>>
>>1095687
I like Breckenridge but it's really expensive, so maybe as a beginner Monarch would be best.
>>
>>1095680
As someone who loves cargo shorts, aloha shirts and sandals worn barefoot for summer... well, I thought asking where to draw the line before offending nipponese sensibilities couldn't hurt.
>>
>>1095708
Thanks I'll keep that information handy when I go to Colorado
>>
>>1095687
>>1095713

Teine is pretty small and not very conveniently located. It also tends to be a "local" place to ski in Sapporo, so it may be difficult for you to get non-Japanese lessons. Furano is OK, but is full of Chinese package tourists. Have you checked Niseko and Kiroro? English-language lessons shouldn't be a problem and they're more likely to have better snow that late in the season (Teine probably won't -- it's warming up now in Sapporo and the snow is melting).
>>
>>1095711
That should be OK... At least in Okinawa.
>>
>>1095724
This, but don't forget what I was saying about Breck
>>
>>1095656
Jeans are not binary, dude. Just wear jeans that fucking FIT you. Also, baggy denim is definitely hotter than tight denim.
>>
>>1095663
I saw this exhibit in person and it was fucking spooky.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.