[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone ever solo traveled to New Zealand/Australia? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: crikey.jpg (8 KB, 390x225) Image search: [Google]
crikey.jpg
8 KB, 390x225
Has anyone ever solo traveled to New Zealand/Australia? I'm thinking about going near the end of the year and am interested in others experiences. Interested in pretty much anything, just want to explore what little of the countries I can while I'm there.

I'll be coming from the US. Tentatively flying into Wellington (i know a guy who lives there) and then to Sydney (since it's closest/cheapest to fly from NZ). Any advice?
>>
>>1121990
I've never heard of anyone doing that before. Sounds risky, m8
>>
>>1121990
Just keep an eye out for... the high price of food?
>>
All flights from the US come in through Auckland so it would make sense to start there. Noting of note in Auckland but you could pretty easily hitch down to Napier, Taupo or Rotorua. Shit, even Tauranga is pretty cool place which is near Auckland. Then you could hitch to New Plymouth or something then get a train or hitch down to Wellington. Maybe fly to the South Island (Wellington to Christchurch is about 40 NZD one way) and check it out then try and fly to Sydney out of Christchurch. I pretty regularly get that flight for around 200 NZD. Sydney is okay but there is some sweet stuff in New South Wales. I like Katoomba and the Blue Mountain area as well as the areas in the south near ACT. Bundanoon is pretty cool place to stay if you wanted to travel from Sydney-Canberra-Melbourne. Trains in NSW are pretty sweet. The maximum you can pay (in 2014 at least) is $8.40 no matter the distance. I'd avoid Queensland, the people that reside there are barely human. Both countries are ridiculously safe to solo travel and I've done both pretty extensively. People in both places are pretty open to hitching but I'd avoid it in WA or SA since you can get stuck pretty easily.
>>
>>1121990
Just stick to the east coast in Australia. Pretty much the rest is shit.
Perth is good but costs heaps to get there even from Sydney....
Skip South Australia for sure! Trust me I live there.
>>
Entire country is boring as shit.
Up north is pretty neat, but you get a better experience from pictures than actually being here.
>>
>>1121990
I visited Sydney in March. I wouldn't recommend going past the Blue Mountains. There's enough to do along the coast and in the city that there's no need to travel out of the Sydney area. Like anon above said, stay away from Queensland. Northern Sydney (Manly area) is also pretty shit from what I could tell too, but I was only there for a week so I may be wrong.
>>
>>1122253
>>1122231
lol wtf ignore these cunts

4WD the sand islands of SEQ
Go see Kakadu and Litchfield
Travel up central coast NSW for the beaches (forster, angourie etc)
>>
I'm currently traveling in solo in Australia since december, I've live near Sydney for the last few months and I'm going to Darwin en august. September to february I'm going down, from Darwin to Cairn to Brisbane to Sydney to Canberra to Melbourne and finish in Tasmania
>>
Thanks for the info everyone
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.