[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone ever been in the Frisian Islands? Is it worth spending
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
Has anyone ever been in the Frisian Islands? Is it worth spending 2 or 3 days there? I'm currently living in the Netherlands. It's just good to cycle arround or there is anything else to do there?
>>
I've been to Texel and Schiermonnikoog. Gorgeous nature. On Texel there is a cool seal sancturay. But besides that there isn't much else to see. I believe Terschelling is a party destination in summer for Dutch high school normies.
>>
Been to Terschelling a few times, some great beaches there, and the strandhotels do great snacks. Couple of decent places to eat by Brandaris too.

Been to Vlieland as well. The zuikerbrood there is amazing, so delicious. We'll worth a cycle round the island, it's beautiful in summer
>>
>>1120572
Absolutely. I've been to all of them but Texel and it's really fun. Just relax, swim, go to the beach, cycle the dunes, go to the lighthouses, watch the seals, etc.

I also went skydiving on Ameland which is really amazing. I'd definitely recommend it. The view is spectacular and the jump even more.

Every foreign friend I ever took there loved it too.

Wadlopen is also a great activity. That's a big tip.

And the German wadden island Borkum is nice too.

Terschelling is a bit of a party place for Dutch youngsters. Ameland can be too, but much less.

The key on all of these is to just relax, cycle and enjoy the views.
>>
>>1120572
I've been to all of them multiple times. A good dozen times to Schiermonnikoog, a handful of times to Vlieland, twice to Terschelling and Ameland each and over 20 times to Texel.

If you like camping, cycling, walking, the beach and just chilling in general it's worth going for sure. The nature is beautiful and it is very calm (no cars allowed on the islands except for Texel).
>>
I've been to Norderney and Sylt, both Germany. Sylt is known as a very posh place, but it does have its cheaper locations. One can also reach it by train.

Norderney is much closer to the Netherlands. Also kinda posh (in fact pretty much all German frisian islands are, which makes them not the cheapest places to experience the the Wadden sea. There should also be tours to walk from one Frisian island to the next one. This shouldn't be done solo because the tide can be treacherous.

Both of them allow cars although bikes are enough to get around.
>>
courtesy bump
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.