[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Detroit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: detroit-bankruptcy.jpg (471 KB, 2785x2088) Image search: [Google]
detroit-bankruptcy.jpg
471 KB, 2785x2088
Im driving up to detroit alone for a few days to photograph the city, but I need a CHEAP hotel/motel to stay at. The problem is cheap is usually in the bad neighborhoods, and I dont want to die. Where are the "good" parts of Detroit to stay?
>>
Gross Point, it's a world of difference. Though it's a suburban area so it's more expensive. The border from Gross Point/Detroit is freaky, totally "wrong side of the tracks".

Also check out the abandoned zoo, great photography location. Just bring boots and pepper spray.
>>
The good areas are midtown, corktown, and downtown. Dunno about cheap and good tho
>>
>>1093246
I'll never forget that police massacre in Mexican Town.
>>
>>1093139
Maybe you should just do an alternative to a hotel, such as airbnb or couchsurfing
>>
Try Hamtramck. It's a separate city completely surrounded by Detroit city limits and has less crime. You might even hear the call to prayer in the morning (it's a rare Muslim-majority US city).
>>
>>1093252
Oh wait I forgot. EX-COP. I doubt you'd understand.
>>
>>1093139
eh, if you're willing to go half an hour up I-75 you can get a red roof in for like 40-50bux. Really safe up there unless you do something really really dumb. Probably still safe then.

>>1093252
>>1093252
what's all this about?

>>1093317
You might have luck with this, but I don't think there's anything like hostels there. If you're social you might luck into finding some college age kids who will let you crash on their couch if you're fun and decent to party with.
>>
File: vernors.jpg (36 KB, 300x243) Image search: [Google]
vernors.jpg
36 KB, 300x243
>>1093882
ex-SWAT, and you'd be surprised.

>>1093139
I hear 8mile is comfy.
>>
OP here. I ended up staying at the Roberts Riverwalk hotel. It was 75 for the night incl. tax.

The area seems to be changing, the hotel seems to be a jazz area, as i was one of the few whites in the whole building.

The only issue I had was the riverwalk in front of the hotel doesnt connect to downtown, because theres an incomplete section up the way, so id have to walk up the road, and around and back. Not a big deal, im only here for a night and I have a car so I'll just drive around instead.
>>
>>1093984
Detroit has an interesting City layout
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.