[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Becoming a vagabond
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: Vagabond.jpg (342 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Vagabond.jpg
342 KB, 800x600
I no longer have a reason to stay in my home state of Michigan and have decided that I should live a little and travel. I don't have much money, so I plan on hitchhiking to California to see family and then see where I want to go from there. Any tips on hitchhiking/train hopping or being a hobo in general are appreciated.
>>
>>1093032
I also am considering something similar. Know the feels man.
>>
File: image.png (635 KB, 800x455) Image search: [Google]
image.png
635 KB, 800x455
Have fun whoring yourself out at a truck stop.
>>
>>1093041
G2know mate
>>
File: please insert money.jpg (12 KB, 114x183) Image search: [Google]
please insert money.jpg
12 KB, 114x183
>>1093041
kek
>>
File: 1392591218846[1].jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1392591218846[1].jpg
60 KB, 500x500
>>1093041
>>
>>1093097
>and a good amount of weed
Y tho? There are a good amount of border patrol checkpoints dotted all along the Southwest with sniffing dogs. Seems pointlessly risky.
>>
Why do you want to stay in America versus seeing the world? Just curious.
>>
>>1093149
$$$

Also language barriers. That's just my guess tho
>>
>>1093175
Both shitty reasons. Source: I'm poor and monolingual
>>
>>1093175
>English is the language of travel
>The US actually has a high cost of living, even in the shitty parts, especially for housing
>>
>>1093149
I think I will eventually travel other places, but for now I'm starting small. I'm not really sure how I would get across the pond since I don't have much money to begin with.
>>
>>1094015
Read hitchwiki and ask questions on squattheplanet.
>>
>>1094019
or send me 10 bucks and i'll send you a pdf of the 2015 ccg.
>>
Listen to your intuition. If you get a weird vibe, listen to it. There are people who will want to hurt you for no good reason at all. Always have at least a knife on you, in a sheath on your belt. Be prepared to take matters into your own hands if you get into a sketchy situation. Always remain calm and keep and eye out for people who seem to be trying to goad you into getting upset.
Though, try to look as approachable and as neat as possible. Change your socks often.
If you can get into the rear engine on a freight train (usually they are unlocked), you can sometimes find a hot plate to cook with in there and theres always a heater and a bathroom in those.
If you find yourself hungry, and without money, the best line I used was
>Go into fast food place
>"Excuse me, I am homeless, broke and hungry, could you spare anything for me to eat?"
Worked 90% of the time.
Meth is a great way to improve your morale in a pinch and stave off the need to eat or sleep. Give yourself some time to recover afterward (most handy if you need a push to get through some shit or to someplace).
Don't disclose too much about yourself. Just say you are travelling.
>>
>>1094642
also, to find dope, ask other travellers or homeless people. Normies are not helpful for scoring shit.
>>
>>1094642
nigga the only units that have hotplates are cp and ar. riding in the lower 48 you're lucky to find unit waters and a 1st aid kit.

also, unit storytime. I once fir 4 people all our gear and 2 dogs into a Union Pacific bathroom while going through El Paso.
>>
>>1094644

Rags? Is that you?
>>
>>1094645
YEAH DUDE IT IS RAGS WHERE IS MY DOG ASSHOLE. ARE YOU STILL ALL FUCKING STRUNG OUT IN PDX? I GOT MY WHOLE CREW COMING OUT KID.

but nah. i aint no rags. rags sounds like a gdf kid name tho'. and fuck gdf kids.
>>
>>1094653

What did you do with your dog rags?
>>
>>1094653

Rags is from portland. wat
>>
>>1094644
Syd, is that you?
>>
810 reporting in where you be senpai
>>
>>1094691
Bastards are making rags out of dogs now!
>>
>>1096128
>>
https://youtu.be/7Cy8bAKXhXI

Don't be discouraged by all the fucktards who think they know what it is from their basement knowledge. Go try it out with an open mind, you'll be fine.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.