[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Los Angeles General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4
Locals and Travelers welcome

Share info about:
>Places to see
>Places to eat and drink
>Places to shop for great deals
>Places to Ho/o/n
>inb4 not the citadel
>>
File: 1458440903291.jpg (54 KB, 610x458) Image search: [Google]
1458440903291.jpg
54 KB, 610x458
OP here, I've already got a list going. I have family in LA, so I have done lots of the typical tourist stuff like disneyland before as a kid.

I've got some stuff I want to re-do, and then some new stuff. feel free to comment.

Things I want to do (new)
>The Getty
>Griffith Observatory
>something downtown that isn't citywalk
>get good Hawaiian food

Things I want to redo (old)
>chinatown
>original phillipes
>Little India

any suggestions? Also where are all the junkyards/salvage yards in LA?
>also name your favorite beach
>I like Redondo
>>
I'm going to spend a few days in LA in about 6-8 weeks. Not sure how many days yet but I would love to find someone to host me on couchsurfing. The hostels there are really expensive, as much as I'd love to stay in them.

As for food, I recently watched a docu about a food critic in LA, Jonathan Gold, and apparently his 101 best places to eat is a good list to start with. The one I'd like to try is Guelaguetza.

http://guides.latimes.com/101-best-restaurants-map-jonathan-gold/
>>
File: jeanluc.jpg (28 KB, 694x530) Image search: [Google]
jeanluc.jpg
28 KB, 694x530
>>1093013
>hostels in the U.S.
are literally the same price if not more expensive than a motel.

it may be worth getting a motel somewhere outside of the city with good access to transit (near the airport comes to mind) and taking the train or the bus into LA. the cheapest places are going to be the worst, obviously.

also try the Heji Guiyuan Inn, they are advertising $15 rooms on trivago.com
>probably a scam but mfw dat price
>>
Pasadena is a pretty place to visit. You can cover it fairly quickly.

Little Tokyo is also fun. There is a neat weeb shop called jungle you should check out.
>>
File: 1454877220236.jpg (91 KB, 736x682) Image search: [Google]
1454877220236.jpg
91 KB, 736x682
>>1093044
>jungle
Op here, thanks!

>any weeb info appreciated
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.