[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boracay Island
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: boracay.jpg (240 KB, 960x456) Image search: [Google]
boracay.jpg
240 KB, 960x456
I turn 30 this year. My birthday is in October, and I want to go to Boracay.

Here's the dilemma: I know October is the best time for sunsets, I'm just worried about weather being shit/white beach not being idyllic, as it's still low season.

Is the weather and water in October decent or should I just wait until Christmas and New Years?

Also Philippines general, I guess.
>>
It's pretty decent, except for all 30 year old douches there
>>
>>1092955
Yeah, fuck those 30 year olds
They're shitting up the place
>>
Why would you want to go to Boracay? Go to Siargao or Palawan instead.
>>
>>1093378
Why either of those over Boracay?
>>
>>1093462
Boracay is commercialized, crowded, and expensive. Sure, the beach has nice white sand and clear waters, but so does Palawan. And Siargao is a surf spot with lovely nearby islands to visit.

Boracay was good maybe a decade ago. Now it's just cancer.
>>
Thoughts on Bohol guys? Neat beach + chocolate hills.
>>
>>1093485
>Boracay is commercialized, crowded, and expensive

You sound kind of like a realtraveler. I don't mind any of that.

>commercialized, crowded
Well since all I want to do during my time there is bareback qts and get fucked up I'm ok with this.

>expensive
Only plan on spending a weekend there.

Having said that, thanks for the suggestion; El Nido was already on my itinerary and I'll check out Siargao.

>>1093492
Also interested in things to do in Bohol other than see the chocolate hills.
>>
>>1093515
Not the guy you quoted, but I went last year. I'll give you a brief rundown of my thoughts.

I went with a group of people (including one local) who had been around ten years ago. Their experience then was the reason they suggested we go last year.

They were very disappointed. It is a tiny island that has had a surge in tourism the infrastructure can't cope with. As a result there was a strong smell of raw sewage in parts of the island, some of which was being pumped on to the beach, and if you were unlucky it was coming through the drains on the walkways. The buildings have been hastily built to keep up with demand and as a result alleways have become roads.

It's a place rife with beggars. The first local I spoke to was a child that offered to take a picture for a donation. Once the wallet came out he insisted on more money and about five other kids did too. You will also be hounded and probably followed for a trip on a boat, jet ski and many other things all for horrendously inflated prices.

Despite those things I still had a great time. What I would say is that if you are dead set on Boracay then go now before it is ruined. If you just want somewhere nice then go to Palawan.

It's probably really easy to get laid in Boracay, especially since prostitutes are somewhat common in clubs and many women will be interested in your passport (assuming you're white).

If you want to get fucked up, Cocomangas do a ridiculous challenge.

When the other guy said it's expensive, it is expensive relative to the Philippines.
>>
>>1093524
>and many women will be interested in your passport (assuming you're white).
What do you mean?
>>
>>1093527
They are likely poor and as a result want to come home with you. Before you know it their three sisters, mother and family pig will want to live with you.

Also, random side note, if you are white you are American to them. Even if you're not.
>>
>>1093492
>>1093515

I hated Bohol. I was having high expectations and it was one of the downsides of the Philippines. Palawan on the other hand was sublime and touring the interior with a motorbike a pretty cool experience.

I don't know about Boracay because I removed it from my itinerary after a lot of research. I kinda look for special places and it didn't seem one at all.
>>
>>1093529
That sidenote is also true to all of Asia. When I was in China, Japan and Korea, every Asian thought I was American, and every foreigner thought I was German.
>>
>>1092952
Go to Coron, Palawan. And if Siargao is already on your list, take a trip to Hinatuan Enchanted River too.
>>
>>1092952
June to November is typhoon season in the Philippines so you better watch out and have some contingency plans.
>>
>>1093611
How was the motorbike renting situation? I can ride but I have jack shit in terms of licenses. Willing to pay extra/bribes just to have my way.
>>
>>1093966
No one asks for your license. I rented all over the Philippines and was never even asked if I had one.
>>
File: boracay-hotels-station-1.jpg (138 KB, 650x408) Image search: [Google]
boracay-hotels-station-1.jpg
138 KB, 650x408
Boracay Has 3 stations

Station 1 elitists expansive resorts, hotels and golf courses
Station 2 Cafe bars and Restoraunts, most of the party and events are there the most congested part
Station 3 Underdeveloped open areas with some residents if you go further inland
>>
>>1093966
acutally really easy compared to similar countries in the region. I just paid the guy in charge and he told me that the tank was almost empty so I could bring the bike empty of gasoline. They never asked me for a license only the passport.
>>
Never been to Asia before, but I'm going to the Philippines this summer. Anyone have any experience in Cebu city? Also, should I be getting vaccinated against deadly Azn diseases before going?
>>
>>1094289
Cebu is a shithole skip it as early as you can and head straight to the resorts
>>
>>1094289
Too many swag ghetto wannabes in Cebu I'll stay the fuck out of there
>>
>>1094774
Why do you say that?
>>
>>1093714
inb4 youre an aussie
>>
>>1093714
Nah. He's probably Norge/scandi
>>
>>1095340
>>1095348
woops
>>
>>1093515
Nope, I'm a local. I live in a nearby city called Roxas. When I visited Boracay back around 1997 it was still good. The other anons here explained boracay pretty well.
>>
>>1095351
What's there to do in Roxas?
>>
>>1095338
its full of slums and >>1094969
>>
>>1095348
Yep. Dane.
>>
>>1095800
Not much. It's pretty boring. (I already moved abroad after living my whole life there btw). If you like seafood, go and indulge at beach side restaurants and eateries. Proces are cheap so you mostly get old foreigners who retire there with filipina wives. You can visit a white beach nearby island called Olotayan. Or just chill at my favorite beach spots Baia Norte and Wayferer.
All in all it's a quiet, slow, cheap place with nothing much to do. I go crazy when i go home to visit if I spend more than 4 days there.
>>
Best place for a rich white guy to go and bang as many pinays as possible?
>>
>>1096131
Boracay, because it's less common to seemwhite people. Manila has more white people, thus lowering you worth, but also more likely to be scammed.

I got lucky because I know somebody that married a girl that lives in the North where nobody goes as a tourist and I was having my picture taken with all the girls because they'd never met an American before. It was his first time there too. I think I fucked about fifteen girls in eight days. Four in a day was my best. The girl my friend married looks after their kid so when we went to pick the kid up from school I was asked if I'd teach the kids more English. I ended up teaching a class full of kids for free, and the other teachers were coming in to listen to me speak. It was mad. Nothing like a bit of travel to break you out of your shell.

Sorry, this went a bit off topic... I did bang one of the teachers though.
>>
File: 1453667759023.gif (1019 KB, 450x360) Image search: [Google]
1453667759023.gif
1019 KB, 450x360
>>1096136
>>
>>1096136
>but also more likely to be scammed
What kind of scams?

>lives in the North where nobody goes as a tourist
Whereabouts in the north?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.