[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meant to be traveling to Istanbul next Sunday for a holiday with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: terrorism.jpg (22 KB, 630x350) Image search: [Google]
terrorism.jpg
22 KB, 630x350
Meant to be traveling to Istanbul next Sunday for a holiday with my girlfriend. Should I be concerned given ANOTHER bombing has just occurred today?

It doesn't phase me too much but... it's still a bit scary.
>>
RIP in peace anon
>>
>>1092520
I'd cancel and do something else if it were me.

If you can't, I'd certainly register with your own embassy and have smart phones that work while you're there.
https://step.state.gov/step/
>>
There's like 10 million people in Istanbul.

Even if there's another bombing, it will maybe kill 10 people.

You're more likely to get hurt riding in a turkish cab.
>>
>>1092520
Tell your gf she can stay with me
>>
>>1092539
More like 17 million if you include the people who aren't registered. It's one of the biggest cities on earth.

OP, you'll be fine, it's a safe city by most standards, arguably safer than big Western ones like London or Paris.

>>1092527
Ignore babies like this. I lived in Istanbul and was back a few months ago, it's a wonderful city and a bombing isn't reason to run away like a scared dog. Don't be like this cowardly paranoid American. Go and have fun.
>>
>>1092539
14 million, actually. And 4 died in the last bombing.
What utter, utter arrogance to worry about this type of shit. Everybody thinks he's the star of his own goddamn movie, so of course he's gonna be the target of the bad guys. OP is a fag.
>>
>>1092561
>>1092559

t. ISIS
>>
>>1092640
t.Erdogan
>>
>>1092525
>RIP
>in peace
>>
>>1092749
>welcome to 4chan
>>
Turks are imperialistic xenophobes who are picking fights with several nations/peoples and currently actively supporting ISIS. Few blasts were here and there with foreigner casualties and political unrest/censorship. It's generally safe but keep those things in mind.
>>
>>1093078
t.vatnik scum
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.