[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Youth hostel / North Italia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 10.jpg (71 KB, 800x524) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
71 KB, 800x524
Hi guy, did any of you go in north Italia for holidays ?
I'm planning to go to Genova in a youth hostel, but I never tried this kind of accomodation.
Do you have any advice + do you know if north Italia is great ( girls / atmosphere / things to do ? )
>>
I spend many nights in North Italian youth hostels. never in Genova though, mostly Milan. I actually met a gf in a hostel in Italy.
>>
>>1092730
And how are the people in youth hostel ? Do they come from a lot of different countries ? Do they speak to each other or is it a bit awkward ? I'm going with a friend of mine, we're both French but can speak English
>>
>>1092731
well it depends which hostel you visit. i was at a very popular hostel, so it was easy to meet people , and people are drunk enough not to be awkward. it's very similar to other hostels in europe really.
>>
>>1092731
I have never stayed in a youth hostel in Northern Italy, but I have stayed in youth hostels elsewhere. The ettiquiette is generally the same everywhere. People come from all over the world and speak English between each other so everyone can understand. You may also meet some other French speakers too, (I speak French as well and tend to meet a lot in youth hostels).

I would say in general, most people in youth hostels are chill, and want to respect other people as it is shared accomodation. Most of the time its not very akward, as people understand that part of staying in a youth hostel is about talking to other people and if they wanted to be alone, then they would get a hotel. There is often a living area, where you can go talk to other people (par exemple des filles ;)

One thing is try to be as quiet as possible when you are going into your room at night, and try not to put the light on. In general, people won't be pissed off you wake them up and you are trying to be quiet, but if you don't make an effort and are loud, it sucks for other people.

I have been to Northern Italy and I think its beautiful. Landscapes are nice, it tends to be sunny and beautiful girls.
>>
>>1092736
>>1092733
Thanks a lot for your replies guys, sounds really great :)
We are planning to go toa 50 people capacity hostel so I guess there will be some people to exchange with, and this hostel had like a thousand reviews on a famous website, in great majority positive so I guess it'll be really cool
>>
>>1092738
~Italian here (Turin)~
What's your plan?

In addition to what you can find through Google for the best spots in north of Italy (Cinque Terre, Lecco, Lago di Garda, Langhe, Spotorno, etc...) I suggest you to consider the idea to visit Turin.
I'm almost sure that there are some hostels here and the city itself is not bad at all.
>>
>>1092776
Well we don't have any plan at the moment, only thing we know for sure is that we come to Genova by car from Paris. We don't know anything about Italy since we never visited it, we have to check what are some good places to visit, beaches, and bars to spend time in
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.