[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can you guys do it? Just up and go travel? I have 8k saved
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: 1456808654654.jpg (576 KB, 1600x1068) Image search: [Google]
1456808654654.jpg
576 KB, 1600x1068
How can you guys do it? Just up and go travel? I have 8k saved up and dream of backpacking SEA or Central America ,but I just know I would be totally clueless. I never even been on a plane before. How was your first time traveling?
>>
8k what- sea shells, bottle caps? Anyway, just jump in senpai. It's not an exact science, figure out what you want to see and research where is offered. Do minimal prep-work with regards to travel documents and immunizations (if any) so you're not caught dead in the water and just fly off.

They're people there going through daily life just as you are, sure there are differences, but they're not terribly off and that's what makes traveling appealing.

I hadn't flown/traveled too. I was clueless at the gates (make sure you go there at least 2 hours early prior to departure) and asked people who looked like officials/other passengers. Everyone was friendly and assisted. Then talked to some people who were waiting for the plain as me. When there weren't people around to ask and I didn't speak the language, I just looked for the arrows and information screens. They all provide the basic info you need.

If you're doing hardcXcore backpacking better research into good gear, etc.
>>
File: 20150516_153359.jpg (4 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20150516_153359.jpg
4 MB, 2560x1920
The first time I traveled alone was when I was 19 years old.
I went to tokyo for 10 days and got lost in tokyo itself 3 times I think, and I also got lost 2 times in the mountains 3 hours with the train outside of tokyo.
I was also 1 hour late for the latest checkin for my flight back, but I still somehow managed to get the plane.
What I want to say is, there is nothing to worry about when you are clueless sometimes, there will always be a way out of everything.
Pic related, the second time I got lost in the woods, I was only walking for around 7 hours without any kind of connection for my phone.
>>
>>1092277
Theres nothing easier than an airport, after the first time you know whats up. Just be really really early.

Anything else.... buy a sim card. If you dont know what to do. Type it into google.
If you get lost, open google maps. This will make everything foolproof.
>>
nigga if i had $8k i could knock out most of my bucket list right now.

research every country you think you might be interested in, and then other countries. wikitravel, use google images for ideal fancy pictures or tripadvisor for more realistic pictures. prioritize what you want, consider what else is near where you know you want to go (ie know geography)

spend all those hours of research, get an idea of what you think you want to do and start doing it.

limitation in travel is time more than money these days.

ps if you think people who like to travel are just constantly moving nomads or something youre mistaken, they just go to places on their holidays

its not that big of a deal, youre not going to mars or anything
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.