[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
While traveling, where and what was the best thing you ever ate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: DSC02468.jpg (815 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DSC02468.jpg
815 KB, 1920x1080
While traveling, where and what was the best thing you ever ate (besides "your Mom," of course).
>>
first place was about 15 years ago, at the great wall of china, -20f with windchill, bought a hot steamed yam for 8 yuan. most amazing, nourishing, re-energizing single item of food i've ever experienced.

second best was in denver a couple years ago, incidentally during restaurant week, my wife and i ate $200 worth of steak for $52.80. fucking phenomenal.
>>
Tough question. I like eating.
New Orleans is pretty bomb all over. Fried oyster poboy, sweet potato bignets, king cake, grilled alligator, boiled crawfish... not to mention drinking a sazerac
I had haddock fish and chips in London, that was the best f&c I've had
My home town Albuquerque has pretty badass breakfast burritos, I never get tired of them.
West Seattle has a stellar sushi joint called Mashiko, and close to that is a little pastry shop that kicks ass too
>>
Fish tagine in Dakhla. Dunno what fish they used; had massive bones, maybe it was swordfish or something. Seasoned to perfection. By god I licked the caramelized onions off the bottom of that dish.

Second place goes to another fish dish I had in Sri Lanka. At the beach town we were in, each of the hotels had a boat set out on the beach, packed full of ice, and displaying the day's catch. You'd point at the exact fish you wanted to eat and ten minutes later they'd bring it out to you, head still on, grilled and seasoned so it melts in your mouth. Wash down with Lion beer.
>>
File: food.jpg (125 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
food.jpg
125 KB, 720x960
>>1092257
Wow.
>Mexican in Phnom Penh
Place up past the Blue Vespa, across from where the ferry boats leave on the Mekong. May have had something to do with the $2 frozen margaritas. Best possible start to a night in PP
>noodles/wantons, Phnom Penh
Down the end of street 302, cross the highway, slightly right. Actually listed as "chinese noodles" on google maps. Usually a guy standing out the front stretching out noodles. Old dude who owns it told us about escaping the Khmer Rouge. And super good wantons, oh my fucking god
Oh, and, side note, his daughter, the waitress, is fantastic
>Tai Bu Mee, Pudu, Malaysia (pic related)
On Jalan Pudu, about a block before the road with Pudu market on it. Business-type looking local explained that he, his father, and his grandfather have been eating lunch there a while. Everything made in house, place is basically a shack
>Nong and Jimmys Thai BBQ, Cenang/Kuala Lumpur
Green Curry Crab. OMFG
>Pretty much any food in Georgetown, Penang
Get a tourist map from any hostel and don't stop eating until you hate yourself
>Pho Bo, anywhere in HCM
x100 if you're stumbling home from a bar. Beware of dick grabbing prosties. Actually beware of their pick-pocketing younger sisters, they travel in pairs
>>
File: feel-good.jpg (269 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
feel-good.jpg
269 KB, 600x600
>>1092312
>phnom penh
this restaurant's french toast with watermelon syrup saved my life when having to eat one more bite of lemongrass and palm sugar marinated whatever would have made me vomit

wish i'd known about that noodle place. we tried several and they were all fucking awful.
>>
A bit of Thai pussy. Delicious
>>
>>1092257
Unpopular opinion coming through!
I did not like the street food in Thailand at all even though I know you're required to if you want to be a real traveler.
>>
>>1092929
Same here. Street food in china was a million times better.
>>
>>1092929
Lived there for years. There is plenty of shit street food. Just because it's on the street, doesn't mean it's good. However, pretty much all my favorite meals we're there.
>>
File: 74719l.jpg (418 KB, 696x488) Image search: [Google]
74719l.jpg
418 KB, 696x488
dimsum in hong kong.
or any tiny local place
>>
>>1092312
Please post more pics.
>>
Rose's Fish and Chips
>>
>>1092257
Your sister
>>
>>1092278
Fish and Chips in London is normally absolute shit.

I had this mystery spicy chicken in Indonesia and it's one of the most mind blowing things I've eaten. I don't remember the name though :/ It completely opened my palate to spicy food and now I can't get enough.
>>
Haggis. That stuff is amazing. Since then I've eaten as many haggis-influenced food as possible.
>>
Scallops and fish and chips in Prince Edward Island were absolutely insane.
>>
>>1093176
you mean my mom?
>>
File: P1080607.jpg (4 MB, 3000x4000) Image search: [Google]
P1080607.jpg
4 MB, 3000x4000
>>1092257
by far: greece. they are the real kings of bbq. it was a mixed plate with the typical greece meat (pork). no matter where in greece, to my flavour its the best food in this world. try it!
>>
>>1092927
>A bit of Thai pussy. Delicious

That wasn't pussy.
>>
Had these spare ribs at this restaurant in the middle of nowhere in Sichuan. Spiciest and best food I've had to date
>>
>>1093290
this.

nothing better than Greek lamb.
>>
>>1093290
I think it has to do with the mediterranean ocean air. It just makes everything better.
>>
In Japan. Hida Beef.

Also In Japan. Best urchin I ate. ever.

Then threre's a Tuna Steak I remember, which was like from another World, at Dingle, Ireland.
>>
>>1094855
Did they have good berries in Dingle?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
This tasty treat I got in Italy. It was fucking delicious
>>
>>1094855
>Also In Japan. Best urchin I ate. ever.
Can you pick the race of the child you want to eat? Like, are Chinese children cheaper than Japanese children? Do they taste differently? Are younger children more tender? And, how are the children served -- Yaki Niku style, in soups, roasted and served whole, etc.?
>>
Best foods (or most memorable) ever were probably banh mi in HMC and beerfish in Guilin, China.
>>
Your gran
>>
File: 1452794090698.png (61 KB, 1228x1502) Image search: [Google]
1452794090698.png
61 KB, 1228x1502
>>1092278

all that sounds so good. I can feel the diabeetus creeping up. no wonder the south is the fattest region in the country
>>
>>1092257
your mom.
>>
Viennese hot dogs. They come in a baguette basically with locally made mustard. I forget what they're called tho
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.