[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you say travelling has changed your life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: fuck-the-world.jpg (146 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
fuck-the-world.jpg
146 KB, 650x488
Would you say travelling has changed your life?
>>
The change in my life caused me to start travelling.
>>
it makes me appreciate my own home a bit more, knowing that it isn't a complete hell
>>
>>1092232
This.
Specially after visiting middle east and eastern europe and russia
>>
>>1092230
What was that change anon?

>>1092232
>>1092236
Interesting.

Would you say it's made any changes socially?
>>
Yeah it showed me there are things worth living and working for.
>>
>>1092243
This. Was gonna kill myself so I left to go see things I've always wanted to. Then I kept going and now I'm a lot happier, or at least curious enough to stay alive for longer
>>
I enjoy travel and it's always a recipe for a really fun time. I would also say I'm a better person for my experiences.

At the same time, I'm not going to be one of those egotistical Real Travelers talking about how "travel has changed me" and how "inspirational" it is all the time.
>>
>>1092232
this..but generally travelling doesnt affect more than 1-2 months max after i return home. After that its all the same. Same home,same friends, same routine.Not that i am complaining..i just enjoy it while it lasts
>>
>>1092227

>not a germophobe anymore

I was on the ultra cheap hostel package and facilities were less than optimal, the cutlery wasn't properly washed and the cups I couldn't tell. The whole country had a laid back attitude towards cleanliness and since they were pretty much moving around I figured I won't die and just embraced things. Being able to touch everything you want and take that bottle the girl whom you just met shared with you is satisfyingly liberating.

>not a social outcast anymore

I never really was, but definitely shy, not going to clubs and not talking to girls/people a lot. Foreigner appeal kind of forced itself to me and had to talk to people out of necessity. I feel more confident now and have successfully transferred both skills at home.

>being more and more independent

You can do a lot if you are really forced to by circumstances. Realizing this I thought to myself that I should be more proactive even if circumstances don't force me to be and always look for ways to better myself and things around me. To manipulate more life.

>>1092232

"Ya'll niggaz livin' in paradise" or something in the lifes of is what I said to people when I returned. I was in a fairly developed country but it is decades behind my own in every sense. I felt the sidewalks as highways and the traffic rules as enforced by the SS.
>>
>>1092236
What's up with russia ?
also what countries from EE/ME did you visit ?
>>
>>1092227
Sure. I went to the Philippines when I was ten. So I understood what poverty was from that point on.

I've travelled a lot more since then, but that probably had the most significant input on my world view
>>
>>1092227
It changed my life by me traveling and then ending up getting offered a job and marrying a local. Been here for almost 8 years.
>>
Travelling definitely changed me, I don't see how people could say that "home" is good enough and they don't want to explore the world. Fuck comfort zones, go somewhere that frightens you and see you deal with the shit.

Mostly getting to know locals and seeing different places, how other people live, makes you respect and value your home much more though.
>>
It's given me a list of places I want to retire
>>
I went from a kissless WoW playing virgin to a man whore.

I used to be a nice guy people pleaser.

I became a dick. I have people that really don't like me but others that are really close friends.

When i travel alone i feel this rush and added confidence to be social to everyone. It's got me a lot of stories.

Now I've calmed down and keep up one quality relationship with the gf.
>>
I'm 22 years old at uni and at parents home.. I'm broke as fuck young and full of wonder but never have money to travel yet it's always been my biggest dream.

Could someone please tell me how to do it, like nobody i knows can give me advice on how to travel the world. I wouldn't know where to start, in terms of saving and planning etc.

All I know is that it's an absolute neccessity for me to explore this planet before I die, under any circumstance.
>>
While traveling for fun I lost my virginity ( to a woman!!!!), so yeah it's pretty good.
>>
>>1092572
There's no easy way around it.

Get a job and save. You can travel cheaper though with Couchsurfing and flying budget airlines etc. That's about it.
>>
>>1092572
try to find a job teaching abroad. You should be able to get one in SEA or China without too much difficulty. Google is your friend
>>
I went from having zero sex life in my home country to having an active sex life when I traveled/moved to another country

but I'm still not happy :(
>>
>>1092572
http://tomsbiketrip.com/planning-a-bike-tour/
>>
>>1092572
start saving up some money (get a job if needed)
put 2/3 of the money you earn on a deposit and when you hit a decent amount, go to some place you find interesting or a place you always wanted to see

You could also start finding work in other countries and work for accommodation and food
>>
The only way travel has changed me is a) I no longer have the ability to hold prejudices, and b) I'm really good at arguing with people to get my way. Thanks to every corrupt Lao border official and Moroccan carpet seller who's helped me get my black belt in arguing.
>>
made me appreciate the life I have and the opportunities available to me
>>
>>1092227
Yeah
Dutch here
I visited london for three weeks, met a lot of people, went to different spots here and there, and changed my perspective of many things
I also am more talkative, I was pretty introverted before that.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.