[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Netherlands
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (498 KB, 900x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
498 KB, 900x500
I've got 4 days over Easter break to spend in Netherlands, have been to Amsterdam and not interested in visiting on this trip.

Recommendations of where else to see? I'll be driving, interests include: cycling/running, architecture, beaches and cultural cities.

Also, staying in one place, vs staying in a couple of places over the 4 days.
>>
If you like modern architecture I recomend Almere, however anytime longer then one hour might end in depression...
(take it from a native)
>>
>>1091792
Almere, previously voted the ugliest city in The Netherlands. Seriously man, don't go there.

Go to places like Utrecht, Groningen, The Hague Leiden or Rotterdam.

The Hague might be a good move for you as it's 15 minutes by tram to Scheveningen beach.

I'm not a big fan of Rotterdam myself, but it is modern and I do love the harbor.

Groningen is a personal favorite.
>>
>>1091789
>staying in one place, vs staying in a couple of places over the 4 days.

Honestly, the country is small and compact enough that you can just stay in one place and head out from there to the everywhere else early in the mornings, and then drive back at night.
>>
Rotterdam: Modern architecture, booming but still poor as fuck and a lot of immigrants
Hague: posh old city, lots of goverment shit there, has a beach
Utrecht: Amsterdam light, with lots of students.
Arnhem/Nijmegen: midsize cities with not really a lot to do (I live here)
Eindhoven: if you like industrial design this is the place
Groningen: university city at the edge of the county.
>>
Leeuwarden will be cultural capital of Europe in 2017.

Honestly just mentioning it because my uncle opened a BnB there a month ago.
>>
My dream is to move there, being brown in America is hard. Amsterdam is the only place where I never once felt DIVIDED, I felt like a human, not a a suspect. Any suggestions with a family of 5?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.