[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm gonna be going around Iraqi and Syrian Kurdistan for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Northern-Iraq-Syria.png (81 KB, 622x293) Image search: [Google]
Northern-Iraq-Syria.png
81 KB, 622x293
I'm gonna be going around Iraqi and Syrian Kurdistan for a while to write articles about the Kurds 'n shit. Has anyone ever been there? How is it? What do they wear? What's not to do?
>>
>how do I google and research my own shit
What kind of writer are you, senpai. We are supposed to be the ones receiving this info from you.
>>
>>1091700
I did not choose my appointment sadly.
>>
>>1091711
What do you guys wear there?
>>
Act like European, they gonna put their "good secular guy" mask, cuz propaganda and shit, I dont know where are you from but prepare for heat.

Dont forget, they are sand people, dont look western media for how kurds are secular and hospitable, they are fucking middle easterners. Dont wear shorts or tight cloths (otherwise prepare your anus for harassment), dont look womans too much. They wear typical hurka durka clothes. Dont forget its still warzone.
>>
>>1091730
Oh also, dont wear shiny or colored clothes cuz youth gonna act like monkey around you and probably ended up with ripped clothes. Just buy some clothes from local markets, hide your stuff at night, dont leave your pack around etc.
>>
File: 1449600563593.jpg (81 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1449600563593.jpg
81 KB, 1024x768
>>1091713
>take a look at refugee pics
>thats what
>mostly track suits

>>1091709

Don't be a debbie downer, senpai. Buy an expendable $20 MP3 player, load up the nasheeds and embrace it.
Plain clothes with solid colors depending on what looks good on you. You can't go wrong with earth tones (desert themes) and you won't stand out as much. Google "iraqi kurdistan people" and you'll see what they wear (from my experiences with middle easterners locals wear knock-off adidas and nike track suits).

Eat and drink what they offer you. It's polite. If they wanted you dead, AK-47 is faster and easier.

Be reserved in your decorum, but gauge the vibe and don't be afraid to laugh and tell jokes where appropriate. We're all people.
>>
>>1091743
Track suits and casual clothes , mostly tshirts with jeans and sneakers ( casual-core).
I know this guy is joking OP but don't do this mp3 nasheed shit , almost all Syrians have modern smartphones , don't wear "desert theme" because they will think you're a soldier and if OP is white they'll think you're russian soldier.
People love foriegners there , prepare to hear " Welcome to syria " million times a day.
Just be casual person and you'll fit in , if anything , extra steps will make you stand out a lot more and might offend some people.
>>
>>1091785
Source: A guy who lived in Syria for 20 years
>>
I wanna do that so bad
Fellas, if I go can I wear a purple abaya or just a regular pretty dress?
>>
>>1091692
memorize the quran, be prepared to recite it when asked

>what not to do
dont forget the quran
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.