[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Staying in contact with burners
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 7486135_sd.jpg (36 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
7486135_sd.jpg
36 KB, 500x500
Traveling to Orlando to do the whole Disney thing. As I will be split from my party often I was wondering how burners work in the us of a. Can I just get a cheap pre paid and throw it when I leave. What are the best options and how does pre paid work over there.
>>
Its pretty self explanatory. Youll be getting a junk phone but since its a burner thats to be expected. You can find a gorillian of them at any walmart, 7/11, most gas stations, etc etc. From what ive been reading about how europe does things, it seems its more or less the same.

The only caveat i can think of is possible roaming charges, but if youll be in the same area the whole trip that wont apply to you. Things like data and the like will be blatantly marked on the packaging.
>>
Do you need to register them under your name with a picture id ?
>>
>>1091378
>Can I just get a cheap pre paid and throw it when I leave. What are the best options and how does pre paid work over there.
Typically you buy a cheap phone at wal-mart or kmart, buy cards in certain dollar amounts, and call some phone number to activate it. Maybe if lucky, some person at a register and counter in the electronics dept will help you get it charged up and ready to use. There are many choices and each store sells whatever brand they deal with, from cricket to whatever.

If you have a magicjack, and wifi, you can do long distance using internet. Viber is the texting app alternative to actual calls.

You know, there are a lot of foreign workers at disney. I daresay you might find some forum out there that gives you an idea of if roaming is an issue in the park. Might get that answered by email too.

Plans where you prepay and buy cards like that do not use credit cards or ID. I loaded one up for a grandparent who had dementia and a foreign maid/caretaker, so neither could do international calling on some unlimited phone bill. It gave me control over charges. I used a phone from walmart. Buy a year in advance of say 400mins per month for a total bill of $70 incl the phone.
>>
Nice thanks all. Appreciate the reply.
>>
Use kik?
>>
>>1091393
No. Just need dosh. Beware, you will need to make an initial call to set the phone up (automated), so make sure the store is okay with using their phone to do this (usually they'll set it all up for you while you wait if you want). I've been burned by a store that didn't have a phone I could use.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.