[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've just bought my first passport and I've chosen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 800px-Eesti_lipp.jpg (45 KB, 800x509) Image search: [Google]
800px-Eesti_lipp.jpg
45 KB, 800x509
I've just bought my first passport and I've chosen Estonia to break my travel virginity. I wanted to know how the current immigration crisis is affecting you, from a balts perspective.

Also, whats the general sentiment for tourists? I'm from Aus and I'm traveling alone for a month. Ill be staying in Pärnu.
>>
bump
>>
not balts but not at all
no migrant wants to go there
>>
>>1091242
/trv/ is a slow board. No need to bump your post, especially 10 fucking minutes in.
>>
>>1091238
A month in Estonia?
It's an ok country, not very expensive, but hardly worth more than a week or so.
Estonia is not a major destination for immigrants so they won't affect your holiday. They are however used to tourists, since lots of Finnish people go there for the cheaper prices.

You should seriously reconsider the length of your holiday, because in Estonia alone you will get bored and miserable, which won't be a nice first travel experience.
If you are sure you want to do a one month trip don't be afraid to venture to other countries as well
>>
>>1091238
Enjoy your nazi memorabilia
>>
>>1091297
I completely agree with this. In a month, you can easily do Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia. I did that itinerary in about three weeks and it was enough time. They're all nice countries, but Estonia is probably the worst of the three. They're all good places to break your travel virginity because it's very easy to travel between and within those countries and the level of English among most people is very good. They're also now becoming more trendy for young backpacker types so it'll be easy to find new friends and opportunities to party etc. Visit all three countries and have a great time!
>>
>>1091295
My thread mate i can bump it when i damn when want too.
>>
>>1091305
>>1091297
I'm considering doing these countries as well and but i'm doing est mainly to chase family history
>>
File: Tartu.jpg (432 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Tartu.jpg
432 KB, 1920x1080
>>1091238
Alright, actual Eestlane here.

First time I've heard of an Australian coming here for their first trip, but hey, whatever.

The immigration crisis is definitely a non-issue currently. I don't know if we've even broken a 100 yet and they're all packed up in some tiny village you've definitely never heard of or will visit.

As a tourist you will be generally well-received. People are usually happy about having visitors here so they'll help you any way they can. Unless you run across a grumpy old soviet-age lady.

What month are you traveling in?
If you're going soon then it'd probably have to be more of a city escape than any time to enjoy nature. The snow is melting so the ground is wet but it's still not warm enough to go around with a jacket, y'know?

If you're going closer to summer, I always like to recommend Saaremaa as a destination. Beautiful views and close to nature. I actually call it our very own Australia for that fact.

Unfortunately I don't know a lot about Pärnu since I live in Tartu and visit Tallinn a couple of times a year. Pärnu is known for it's beaches and parties, mainly.
A month is more than enough time to visit most of the larger cities by far though.

Toss me any further questions and I'll be glad to answer them.
>>
>>1091238
A month is a long time. Definitely visit Latvia and Lithuania as well, maybe even Poland.

Well, Estonia does have the hottest girls in Europe. So I could see staying there a month if you were just looking for a wife.
>>
File: Tartu.jpg (2 MB, 2698x4224) Image search: [Google]
Tartu.jpg
2 MB, 2698x4224
>>1091401
Another local here.

I second everything this guy said here. Don't know much about Pärnu but ask away about Tallinn and Tartu.

Saaremaa is the best place for backpacking but it's better to go there in the summer, since several main destinations involve walking some distance in the sea.

I wouldn't spend more than one week in one city. Not much to do this time of year.

How do you plan to chase your family history? Tallinn has great history archives. I've done a lot of research there. I recommend adding this as another destination.
>>
>>1091301
Do I smell Jew or commie fag?
>>
>>1091350
Not bumping is age-old /trv/ advice and as relevant as ever. Don't be such a cunt.

As said, a whole freakin' month in Estonia is too much, way too much. Visit all three Balts in 2-3 weeks, and maybe spend a week in Poland. Belarus is also generally safe, if you don't mind a shabby police state stuck in the early 90s. I don't know what languages you speak, but Russian or Polish would help, though some degree of English is common enough in the under-30s. it's like Europe's North Korea, and less visited. You do need to get a visa in advance though.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.