[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opening a guesthouse in the Philipines
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Philippines20x9-3242.jpg (981 KB, 4752x2138) Image search: [Google]
Philippines20x9-3242.jpg
981 KB, 4752x2138
Me and a friend are thinking about opening a guesthouse in the Philipines.

We have been travelling together in the past and were always talking about the idea (both unhappy with our modern life, willing to do something with our own hands, fascinated by the idea of making a unique place...). So when we travelled the Phillipines during February and March, by chance we found some cheap piece of land, roughly 1 hectar on Palawan in a not yet well developed area. Right now, there are many road projects and even a new airport being built in the North of the island and neighbouring villages have already grown into semi-touristical, but still very romantic and quiet places.

We feel like this could be a nice place for a guesthouse.

If there is interest in discussion, I am gonna share some more information. Right now, we are looking for all insight we can get on the procedure. So if anyone can share something, like stories of people who did something like that, financial knowledge, maybe first-hand experiences, we would be very glad.
>>
>>1090993
I built a earthship/ guesthouse in cambodia. What do u want to know.
>>
>>1091007
the fuck is a earthship
>>
>>1091008
Google it u inbred sub human scum
>>
>>1091007
>earthship

Really nice, I like the idea of attaining a degree of sustainability.

I`m most interested in the practical stuff right now. How did you pay for it, how did you cope with local companies and workers, did you face legal troubles?
>>
>>1091013
>earthship
faggiest shit I ever had the displeasure of googling, thanks for nothing, hippie
>>
>>1091007
How did you go about that? The legal framework doesn't allow them here yet, but I'm definitely interested.

>>1091031
>cheap house that can be built by yourself and is largely to completely self-sustaining, eliminating many costs
Honestly, what's not to like? It's not like you need to make sacrifices.
>>
>>1091013
sounds like you're projecting you typical hippie.
I will make it my mission to somehow get atleast 1 "earthship" ruined by some legal manner, be it from bylaw violations or other legal methods

You've activated my autism.
>>
>>1091016
Pay ? Save up money with work ?
And the rest. Wel its cambodia. No rules and u get a full time slave for 100 dollars a momth.
>>
I just came back from Phils last week, but did not go to Palawan. I went to Bohol instead. What did I miss? How are the girls there?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1445761986995.jpg (45 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1445761986995.jpg
45 KB, 720x540
Earth ships/domes in the making. Just 2000 a pop
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.