[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Things to do in Suriname
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Suriname!.gif (35 KB, 603x404) Image search: [Google]
Suriname!.gif
35 KB, 603x404
Hey /trv/,

I'm working for an NGO and I'll be sent to Suriname for about a month. I'm leaving on the 25th of March, coming back the 22nd of April. My boss gave me a pretty exhaustive list of thins to bring/not to bring so I'm covered on that front. The NGO I'm working for is Dutch (as am I) so language should not be a problem.

What are some cool things to do in the country? Or in Guyana/French Guiana? I should have weekends off. I'll be based in Paramaribo but I'll be flying/boating into the jungle pretty often, so I'll be doing some hiking, swimming etc. for "work" already.

Any cool towns, beaches or hiking trails I should check out?
>>
Bumb, cause interesting!
>>
>>1090991
I've never been there, but I have a good friend who's from there. He made it seem to me like there isn't that much to do. A lot of the beaches aren't very pretty and there are indigenious people there who don't want to be disturbed. The country only has half a million inhabitants so I guess there really aren't that many towns other than Paramaribo.

Sounds like a very cool experience anyway, working in the jungle and shit. My friends also told me that ild wmonkeys used to throw stuff at him and giggle when he was waiting at the bus stop. Anyway, if you want to visit a lot of there maybe you should visit other countries in the Carribean.
>>
>>1091140
>there really aren't that many towns other than Paramaribo
Yeah, I knew that, but maybe there were some tranquil beach towns. Oh well, Paramaribo it is.

>other countries in the Carribean
I don't think either my budget or my time allows for that. Which is a pity, because I've never been to South America or the Caribbean. Oh well, Guyana will have to do. Maybe I'll pop over into Venezuela for laughs.
>>
>>1091162

I hear Venezuela is like a powdercake nowdays. Just saying...
>>
>>1091165
Surely not for a gringo on a day trip?
>>
File: 1452907767535.jpg (164 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1452907767535.jpg
164 KB, 1000x750
You have a rare opportunity on your hands. Nobody ever seems to go there, or to either of the Guyanas. In my time on /trv/ I can only think of one or two other threads about them.

Try and stop in during your trip, or after, and share photos and stories.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgUIgJ-3hLw

The average day in Suriname.
>>
>>1092002
>be OP
>expect something useful
>still not mad
>>
>>1091214
>share photos and stories
Will do, but after the trip. I'll be pretty busy while I'm there. Except for when I'm in the jungle, but somehow I doubt they'll have internet there.
>>
The food is great
>>
File: IMG_0001.jpg (116 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0001.jpg
116 KB, 800x600
>>1092038

Suriname has the best from India, China, Africa and Indonesia combined into one. It's the most loved foreign cuisine here in Holland.
>>
My father went to Guyana a few years ago for two weeks on a jungle tour. It seemed fantastic, so many wild creatures, I would certainly try to see as much of the jungle as I could if I had the chance.
>>
>>1090991

Other than touring the jungle there isn't shit to do over there.

If you go to Guyana or French Guiana and not by airplane, make sure you have a reentry visa because you can't get a touristenkaart at the borders.

Bring as many euros in cash as you expect to spend from The Netherlands. You can exchange them for SRD over there at a very favourable rate, much better than the ATM.
>>
>>1092102
Those noodles look like shit. My best friend is Chinese-Guyanese (well, 1/4 coolie Indian, 3/4 Chinese), and I know his family and family gatherings well. I like Caribbean-Chinese, and that could be done better, even though those types of noodles are ubiquitous. The meat array looks pretty typical.

Anyway, if it's anything like Guyana, expect shabby-looking everything, a lackadaisical work-ethic, and a vaguely threatening atmosphere (if you look like you have money, and since you're presumably white, you do). Also, it's hot as balls, and twice as humid.

I'd still like to go someday.
>>
>>1091140
What about fucking local girls with no condom? Either been whores or non sexual workers?
>>
>>1091162
Venezuela its a shithole
>>
>>1092863
How good of an idea do you really think that is? Are you specifically trying to catch an STD?
>>
OP here. I wouldn't say no to a South-American qt but I wouldn't do her raw: I've had an STD before and it's not an experience I want to repeat.

>>1092754
>Bring as many euros in cash
Solid advice, thank you.
>>
(bump)
Come on guise, surely one of you has RealTravellerâ„¢-tier advice!
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.