[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best area in orange county to have fun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 01Thailand-Nightlife-CIMG0294.jpg (369 KB, 1157x768) Image search: [Google]
01Thailand-Nightlife-CIMG0294.jpg
369 KB, 1157x768
Hi,

Work is sending me to orange county and I know little about it.

What area do you think is the most fun? I don't want to have to be driving around a long time just to go out and socialize.

Any locals have advice?

Pic sorta unrelated. Not OC but nightlife area.
>>
Which Orange County do you mean? There are several. It's like asking about Springfield, or Portland.
>>
>>1090931

California
>>
>>1090894
Downtown Fullerton, Downtown Santa Ana. Avoid everthing else like the plague. Except maybe the beach.
>>
>>1090894

Depends on what you like. >>1090959
pretty much covered everything. If amusement parks are "fun" for you, then I'd suggest Anaheim for Disney and Buena Park for Knotts/Medieval Times/Etc.

If you're idea of fun is to drink, there are plenty of excellent breweries in the region. The Bruery (my favorite), Noble Aleworks, Bottle Logic are standouts.
>>
File: 10-04-2006 01.jpg (201 KB, 719x755) Image search: [Google]
10-04-2006 01.jpg
201 KB, 719x755
>>1090894
>>
>>1090959
beach cities>>>>>downtown santa ana

newport beach and huntington are cool for outsiders to check out. downtown santa ana is just a mexican version of any downtown area
>>
>>1090894
Buena Park
Go to Knotts Berry Farm and ride the roller coasters, it's only $45 to get in.
Make sure to spend the extra $30 for a fast past. You get to cut ALMOST every line.
>>
>>1090894
I'm from Garden Grove, what I would suggest is visiting LA for a bit, im sure you can find some great bars or restaurants just avoid the freeway during work hours.
Disneyland/Magic Mountain, Six Flags, and/or Knotts Berry Farm is a must, its great for like 2 times, anything after that it kinda loses its magic.
Avoid Westminister, too many asians and it takes too long to drive around. Down Town Fullerton/Santa Ana is real fun if you know where to go, I suggest meeting somebody who knows the area(s).
Sushi here is incredible if you head up north a bit from Garden Grove.
Oh man also find a good KBBQ place, we're talking all you can eat meat for 20-30 dollars, obviously more fun with people. I usually go to one called Chum Sat Gol
Its a pretty diverse and full of friendly people county, what part of OC will you be staying in? maybe we can help you a bit more
>>
>>1091761
Same Poster
>>1091565
Just wanted to throw in that Beach cities are the best but are a tad bit expensive. Going to the beach is also amazing on a sunny cali day. Good for a grill or fishing.
>>
>>1090894

OP here.

Flew in last night and the hunt for an apartment has begun. Wow, rent was cheaper in Tokyo. haha.

Anyway. Thanks for all the advice. I will check out the placed listed for shore.

Right now I am set up in Orange and while it seems like a nice area, it does not seem so party party. Nice area though, and the downtown old orange (did I get that right?) is a neat little spot.
>>
Downtown disney in Anaheim if you're into Disney stuff man. fireworks go off at night time dunno what time. If you're looking for some of the best mexican food, Los Cotijas is dank. In Garden Grove. If you're into some ramen houses I can give you the hook up as well if you want to try some new asian food mang
>>
>>1091612
>Go to Knotts Berry Farm
Worth it.
Gotta look at Knotts for the historic little charmer that it is though much of the ghost town has changed. The boysenberry festival is this weekend, which in my opinion will be a big slam of a crowd but its certainly their best jam flavor!
Make sure to have a cold sarsparilla and think of the old wild west days.

San Juan Capistrano is lovely and also having a festival this weekend.
http://www.missionsjc.com/

Just enjoyed a weird little HBO series on Prime about Imperial beach area and surfing called John From Cinncinati. Check it out for fun and maybe try your hand at surfing in huntington or visiting the surfing museum? :D
>>
>>1092503
>In Garden Grove. If you're into some ramen houses I can give you the hook up as well if you want to try some new asian food mang
op, you should trade info with this guy. He sounds like a fun foodie friend!
>>
>>1091946
The Orange circle on chapman ave has a few bars that are fun at night. I usually pass through a few, starting at Paul's
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.