[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Croatia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: croatia.png (276 KB, 620x538) Image search: [Google]
croatia.png
276 KB, 620x538
I'm thinking about going to Croatia in early June. So far my plan is to start in Zagreb, stay there for a couple of days maybe, depending on how much there is to do there. After that I would drive down to Plitvice and then to Zadar. I was thinking I could end my trip in Sibenik or Split.
Are these places worth a visit? I want to see nature and experince culture (maybe go to a museum, see old buildings, stuff like that) and avoid places that are really expensive or just not nice. I don't think I'll be staying for longer than two weeks, most likely a week and a half.
>>
drop zagreb from your list...not a whole lot to see there.
>>
>>1090769
Zagreb is a fun day, but not much more.

I loved Plitvice. The long walk around (Route K, the one you SHOULD do) takes roughly 6 hours. That's another day. Be there early (9 or 10) to beat the masses a little. It's incredibly beautiful.

Zadar is lovely! It's where I stayed for a week. From there you can do a day in Paklenica National Park (great hikes, try the Velika Paklenica trail, great climbing too), a day on Pag, a day-long boat trip to the Kornati Islands etc. The old town is great. Watch the sunset at the Sea Organ.

Be sure to visit Krka National Park near Sibenik. Beautiful waterfalls, trip on the river, possibility to take a swim. Haven't visited Sibenik itself. Split is a great day out too, but too mass-touristy for me to spend much longer.
>>
>>1090798

The waterfall national park sounds cool, I think I'll go there. How much money did you spend on hostels/hotels and food on your trip? Did you take a bus to your trips or did you rent a car? Any opinion as to which is better?
>>
File: IMG_20160108_134511.jpg (3 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160108_134511.jpg
3 MB, 4160x3120
I am from Dubrovnik so I can tell you some things about the town if you are interested. Also everything in the old town will be expensive, so if you want cheap food/drinks get out of the city core. There is some nice nature in the konavle area 20km from Dubrovnik. The pic in the attachment is from the trip to a cave on Snijeznica mountain.
>>
>>1091103

I won't be going down there, I think it's too far away from where I want to go for such a short trip. Any info about Croatia is welcome though.
>>
File: IMG_20160107_153630.jpg (2 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160107_153630.jpg
2 MB, 4160x3120
>>1091146
Considering the transportation, the buses are cheaper but i would rather take a car becouse i would have more freedom to move around the rural areas or the town. Some mid tier cars usually go for about 30-40€ a day.
If you are looking for some great night life Split would be great for that. Trogir is also pretty nice. Also if you change your mind Dubrovnik is a 2 hour drive from Split.
>>
Plitvice is lovely but crowded with tourists if you only take the small tour. I agree with >>1090798 on the K route. Don't be lazy, you'll be rewarded.

Zadar is really nice, I stayed a week there for free, sleeping in my van parked 200m from the old city and 50m from the sea. There's a really big and beautiful market at the center of the old city, the sunset on the sea organ is a must-see.
>>
>>1090769
Nobody mentioning objekat 505
Nobody mentioning the abandoned tanks and military vehicles near Plitvici (going north)

I'm not even from Croatia. I agree on everyone talking about tourists, even I hate them. There are a LOT of tourists in Croatia.
>>
>>1091171
Typo, I ment going down the road South.
>>
Could you please give me an indication of prices in Dubrovnik? What will I be paying for a bottle of water in grocery stores/a beer in clubs?
>>
>>1091171
>objekat 505
enjoy your landmine ridden landscape when you blow your ass up the sky
>>
File: IMG_20160107_154941.jpg (3 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160107_154941.jpg
3 MB, 4160x3120
>>1091183
Around the town it is 3-4kn for a 0.5l bottle and 15kn for a bottle of beer, in the old town it is usually somewhat more expensive.
1€ = 7kn
>>
>>1091055
>The waterfall national park sounds cool
Basically we drove to Skradin. There you can buy a ticket and a boat takes you over the river into the park. Once there you can hike the (easily accessible) paths and swim at the waterfalls. It's very nice. Once you're done you take the boat back to Skradin.

Again, I also recommend Paklenica for hiking/climbing. It's more challenging than Krka or Plitvice though.

>How much money did you spend on hostels/hotels and food on your trip?
Don't know. In Zadar we booked with Diadora Luxury Apartment. Look them up on booking.com. At first it looked terrible (from the outside), but the apartment was beautiful and only 2 minutes on foot from the old town. Great value for money!

>Did you take a bus to your trips or did you rent a car? Any opinion as to which is better?
We rented a car. It saves a lot of time and gets you exactly where you need to go. Definitely the best option imo.
>>
>>1091293
As a Croatian myself living in Rijeka, I confirm this is true.
btw živio prijatelju :-) ("cheers mate" in Croatian)
>>
>>1091103
you were not scared of walking into a unmarked minefield?
>>
>>1091802
There arent any, all of the minefields have been marked (hopefully). Also local hunters go around the mountain daily and there haven't been any accidents in a long time.
>>
>>1091806
I'd still hate to be that one unlucky guy though....
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.