[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Top 10 Places to Go in Spring 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: mexico-city.jpg (542 KB, 1600x1038) Image search: [Google]
mexico-city.jpg
542 KB, 1600x1038
Mexico City

Munich

Scottsdale

Taipei

Dublin

Faroe Islands

Fort Lauderdale

Cuba

Fez

Adelaide

http://www.fodors.com/news/photos/top-10-places-to-go-in-spring-2016

Thoughts?
>>
>>1090573
>Florida
Are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>1090597
Not just Florida but Ft Lauderdale.

I feel like this lists are making stuff up or they are being paid to list cities. I was reading the NY Times places to go in 2016 list the other day. It seemed like some pretty solid places at first, then Grand Rapids, Michigan at #20. Wtf, you can go anywhere in the world and Grand Rapids, MI makes the top 20. Its not even the most interesting city in that part of Michigan.
>>
File: do it faggot.png (61 KB, 192x160) Image search: [Google]
do it faggot.png
61 KB, 192x160
>LGBT travelers looking for an alternative to Miami and other heavily trafficked domestic destinations should consider Fort Lauderdale.
>>
>>1090573
Totally bizarre list. I love Mexico City, and I've heard good things about Munich, Fez, and Dublin. But Taipei isn't even in my top five favorite Chinese cities, the Faroes seem pretty but are far too small and remote for my taste (I like cities more than the countryside), and Arizona and Florida... why?
>>
File: Faroes-Saksun.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1061) Image search: [Google]
Faroes-Saksun.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1061
>>1090573

Visiting Faroe Islands in september, after several years of dreaming with go there
>>
>>1090612
and on the flip side i would love to go to the faroes, but would rather stay home than go to mexico city.

but i agree that scottsdale and ft lauderdale are some straight up bullshit destinations.
>>
>>1090656
>would rather stay home than go to mexico city
Definitely an acquired taste. If you don't like cities, you REALLY won't like Mexico City--it's an absurdly big city, with intense doses of all the stuff people who don't like cities don't like (crowds, traffic, smog, etc.). But it's much more diverse, much more slick in many spots, and less dangerous and disgusting overall, than its reputation, and I was really pleasantly surprised (I was sort of scared, to be totally frank, and didn't expect to like it).

I'd be curious to see the Faroes--seems really beautiful, and culturally pretty interesting, but I'd be bored (and probably broke) in a few days. If you could get there in a couple of hours on a train from a city with a population over 150,000, I'd totally check it out. I'm just kind of indoorsy.

>But the nice thing about traveling is that nobody has to like what you like.
>>
>>1090573
>Thoughts?
Part of the survey definition, for those wondering why these places, is that these places are best visited in that time of year, for weather reasons alone.

>Mexico City
Mexico is a big bowl of a high mountainous valley (high elevation city in the continent irc), and filled with too many people, cars and its pollution. Only when it rains, does the air clean up a bit, as well as the fact people get out of the city on weekends and visit their awesome vacation homes, family ranches, and in the places tourists like to go, like Guadalajara, Puebla, San Miguel Allende, etc. They escape the air too. It's also great place to visit if you look hispanic, like museums and want to dine like a king. 4star chefs for $100 for 12 courses.
>Dublin
Weather is getting nice, and a catholic country has a nice time in the lenten to easter time period. It's still only worth 2-3 days tops, but since it's spring, you can drive the roads more easily now
>Faroe Islands
Inhospitable winter. Busy in summer. It's a shoulder season recommendation
>Fort Lauderdale
Snowbirds are leaving, and its still prime festival season, but it's not as hot as summer. Another shoulder season recommendation.
>Cuba
This isn't an american recommendation really, because they still need to book package tours that add the cultural exchange, and they're months out to book and get approved. So right now, it's a $10k trip that should be $2k. It's not the right time for Americans to go at all.
>>
>>1090573
>>1090612
>>1090656

Phoenix anon here, there's literally nothing that chill in Scottsdale unless you golf
>>
>>1091609
>Phoenix anon here, there's literally nothing that chill in Scottsdale unless you golf
It doesn't even have crazy rock formations all over the place, right? Went to a wedding in Sedona and could see how that place works as a tourist attraction--natural setting alone was really striking. But my friend who worked in PHX and lived in Scottsdale said it was just a boring suburb. But I'm guessing good deals on golf resorts are a motivator for some.
>>
>>1090628
Man that looks absolutely stunning. This and Iceland are in my to-do list of places with otherwordly landscapes.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.