[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Travelling to Paris tomorrow for the first time for few days.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: jXMx4mQz6MsnhP1FSKp2TJMt.jpg (199 KB, 1206x800) Image search: [Google]
jXMx4mQz6MsnhP1FSKp2TJMt.jpg
199 KB, 1206x800
Travelling to Paris tomorrow for the first time for few days.

Anything i should know?
>>
>>1090481
Expect the Champs De Lysse/Monmatre to be full of Arabs. You wouldn't expect Times Square to be reflective of New York, and so don't do the same with Paris. Its a great city, the best thing I can advise is to walk around and see it for yourself.
>>
don't talk to gypsies.
don't talk to "deaf" gypsies either.
>>
>>1090481

Prepare for disappointment.

Its 3rd world-tier.
>>
>>1090500
Yea heard something about not talking to blacks too. Is it so bad?
>>
>>1090510

the gypsies are trying to make you sign for some random shit to distract you while they steal your wallet.

the blacks at Montmartre are giving you wristbands for free, then trying to make you pay for it later

the blacks below Eiffel Tower are actually just trying to sell their cheap stuff to you, no scams there. But its funny how fast they will disappear when police shows up.
>>
>>1090513
oh and in case you take the funicular at Montmartre watch out for (gipsy-)pickpockets inside as it's always very crowded.
>>
>>1090513
So basically dont take anything for free or simply just ignore everyone?

Also, i am most interested in any cheap places to eat a decent hot meal. Are there any?
>>
>>1090481
Don't take pictures of Black people. Some of them think you take their souls when you do that.

Also, all restaurants are required by law to provide fixed-price menus on request. If you go to a restaurant and they have no prices listed, ask for a fixed price menu, which will have the prices listed.
>>
>>1090515
yeah, just ignore them, don't answer in case they talk to you and move on. The wristbandguys might even touch your arms.

I've lived in Paris for one year so I know a little bit about it.

Cheap places to eat...this is hard. So of course you could go to McD, Subway, Kebabs and Quick any time. "Real" restaurants in Paris are expensive af. I know one which is quite nice, though. It's still kind of expensive but affordable if you want to eat "french" style. But the menu is just in french, so be sure to take something for translation with you. I can't remember the name, searching at Google Maps right now...
>>
>>1090520
Found it again, it's Le Bouillon Chartier in the 9th Arrondissement. I just took a look at the Google Reviews and the are not that great. Well, I wasn't disappointed. But don't go there at like 2 or 8pm or you will have to wait in the queue
>>
>>1090481
If you arrive at CDG and intend to take the train to the city make sure to take the RER Express that goes directly to Gare du Nord. The normal train is a 1h sightseeing tour trough the entire northern banlieu with stops at every single littered favela like train station there is. I just say it as it can kill the mood instantly.

Cheap food:
I remember paris as a rather cheap town to eat out.
You're in for 6-15€ for a very nice main plate (Entrecôte whit fries and salad) even in the Grands Boulevards area.
The really expensive stuff are drinks. A pint of beer is 8-13€ even in cheap sushi restaurants.
If you want to drink: Most brasseries/pub offer after work happy hours (2 for 1 or 50% off on drinks) depending on the location from 16:00 - 21:00.
Breakfast: almost all restaurants have a petit dejeuner offer (coffee/tea of choice, orange juice and a croissant) for 2-4€.

have fun.
>>
>>1090513
>the blacks below Eiffel Tower are actually just trying to sell their cheap stuff to you, no scams there. But its funny how fast they will disappear when police shows up.

Remind me this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHpEMnmWdXc
>>
>>1090481
Yeah, move the fuck out of Paris and visit France
>>
Tour Montparnasse over Tour Eiffel
>>
I'm going to Paris in April. Which touristy things are worth it and which aren't?
Also, does anyone know how to get tickets to see Red Star FC? Can you buy in advance or do you have to get there early and buy at the gate?
>>
File: Paris.jpg (37 KB, 400x296) Image search: [Google]
Paris.jpg
37 KB, 400x296
OP I'd love to give you some advice on Paris but unfortunately the mods don't allow any comments that run contrary to their multicultural hugbox narrative. They don't deny this either - they admit they censor facts.

All I'll say is forget every preconceived notion you have of Paris that you got from movies and TV. The city is a third world slum. You're more likely to hear Arabic on the street than French. Pic related is Paris. I wish I was joking.
>>
>>1091606
Maybe your comments got deleted because you were shitposting /pol/int/ garbage and have never actually been to Paris?
>>
>>1090506
it's really not
>>
>>1090513
yeah the bracelet guys almost got me at the Sacré-Cœur Basilica. they we're crowding the entrance. i walked through their group quickly but i had my big pack on because i was between hostels, so obviously they swarmed. i told them no but a guy said i had to wear them out of respect for the church, he pointed out people who happened to have them walking past and said "see everyone has them"

the guy explained that i didn't "have to pay like the americans", after he finished he said "....so donation?"
>>
I've lived here in Paris for a year and those African guys have never annoyed me. The only time I was slightly annoyed was by some Indian guy selling flowers when I was on a date at the sacre coer
>>
>>1090481
Learn some basic French before you go
>>
>>1091643
>Learn some basic Arabic before you go

fixed
>>
File: Football.jpg (14 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
Football.jpg
14 KB, 275x183
The "French" football (soccer) team.

What do you notice?
>>
>>1090515
Go to Hemingway's Café Select in the south side.
>>
Go to the fucking D'Orsay and use the side door for the Louvre.

It's an amazing, awe-inspiring city.
>>
File: 1438608275-10101.jpg (6 MB, 2356x1571) Image search: [Google]
1438608275-10101.jpg
6 MB, 2356x1571
>>1091606
I went to Paris a lot of times and I don't know where this picture was taken but I can assure that they are plenty of lovely places in the city looking way better than this.
Some districts are horribles but the richest are absolutely wonderful
>>
>>1091724
That it's an old squad?
>>
>>1091724

Damn I thought Henry retired!
>>
>>1091724
You photoshopped the French flag in, you faggot. That's the Cameroonian team.
>>
>>1091741
color saturation 200%
>>
>>1091444
fucking
kek.

retarded french youtube channels have a certain charm to them
>>
File: 20160314_205555_LLS.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160314_205555_LLS.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Hey all, OP here. its been 2 days since i came back from Paris and saw this thread saved in my phone browser just now and as seeing it has quite a bit of replys, thought i will share my experience.

All in all, Paris is amazing, everyone should see it at least once in their lifetime. No less than a magical city, as everyone says. Me and my gf managed to see all of the main attractions in one day and a half (needed new legs after walking for 12 hours). I liked Arc de Triumph the most, more than anything else. Its size astonished me and the view from the top, i shed a tear when i walked up there and could see all of the city from the top. Thats when i thought everyone should come to Paris at least once in their lifetime. Second best thing probably was the Louvre. Its hard to comprehend how large the museum actually is, like a small neighbourhood. And then the Eiffel tower, which don't get me wrong is amazing, but didnt quite surprise me as the other two.

Of course Paris has its down sides, like prices. Basic salads in center bars and coffee shops cost from 13 euros which for me is insane, at my country i could eat for a week for this price. But it's probably just me, i am a cheapo, wont deny it.

Not a bad side, but was really surprised how colourful Paris is in terms of nationalities and races. In one metro wagon there is literally every single nationality and race you could imagine. Also, about half of people in Paris are whites, others are africans arabs chinks etc. but you probably already know that.

Cont.
(pic related, i took it from the top of Arc de Triumph)
>>
File: 20160315_121340.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160315_121340.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>1091977
Ok so to continue the bad stuff.
>>1090513
>The wristbandguys might even touch your arms.

I guess i found this the hard way. So we were visiting Sacré-Cœur Basilica and there are only two stairways that lead to the main basilica. So we are walking, not expecting anything out of order. And what do you think, pack of 6-7 niggers standing at the top of stairway, blocking the entrance. 4 of them jump onto me while my gf manages to escape and outrun other 3. One of them grabs my arm so hard i had red marks on my wrist. Others were grabbing me on shoulders. Somehow i pulled them off me, said "fuck off" and ran away while they were shouting something like "respect for you". What the fuck. This is literally assault in the middle of the day, how can police allow this was beyond me. Also, its funny how >>1090513 is true, there were gypsies as well on top of basilica and they had paper on carton with printed signatures of some shit and asking you to sign. Saw one guy signing away while the gypsie was showing how deaf she is and touching dude's arms and pockets. Sad thing.

So thats that. What else. >>1091643 is 100% true, not many french people can speak in english.

>>1091606
this picture is 100% true as well, every metro station looks like this.

All in all, Paris is amazing. Would visit again / 10. And probably will.
>>
I hope you love the smell of arrogant french faggots , piss and homeless people OP !

enjoy
>>
It's unbelievable how pussy french are. These string men at Sacre Couer would no be tolerated anywhere else in 1st world countries.
>>
>>1092005
Agree. In Lithuania they would be fucked up in seconds
>>
>>1090481
Service is always included, no need to tip.
You only tip if you're really satisfied and then tip by leaving a few coins on the table when you leave. 5% is a big tip.
>>
>>1091981
>not many french people can speak in english
They can, but they won't.
>>
>>1090515
There are a lot, though not in tourist area.
If you want "typical" parisian/french meal, go to Chartier (you'll want to come at 7pm otherwise it's a 1h wait).
Generally, for decent cheap (15-20€) meal, try brasseries. Avoid anything in St Michel area.
>>
>>1091741
From the angle, I think it was taken from Notre Dame
>>
>>1092026
This.
Though, the general level of english is loooooooow.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.