[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chicago is my favorite city> I grew up there, lived my childhood
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1436764161378.jpg (542 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1436764161378.jpg
542 KB, 1920x1200
Chicago is my favorite city> I grew up there, lived my childhood on the south side (white), and have a lot of love for the place. It's been about a decade, a bit less since I lived there, but I'd like to move back sometime. I've lived on the near south side for a short while, but spent more time in Harvey and South Holland. What would be a good, somewhat affordable place to live? I've been digging Lakeview, would love to hear some advice from locals or people who live in the area.

Also, post Chicago stuff, I'm such a weeaboo for the city.
>>
File: 1437077702773.jpg (1 MB, 4117x2740) Image search: [Google]
1437077702773.jpg
1 MB, 4117x2740
Another pic for now, still used to faster boards.
>>
File: 1437363785394.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1437363785394.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
The city has such a mood to it.
>>
>>1090310
I too hope to move to Chicago in a year or so. I've been a few times and absolutely love that city! Very interested in what locals have to say about making the move and best places to live.
>>
>>1090310
I just moved here and it just seems alright. Definitely no Tokyo or New York. The extremely high rated food has been good, but the random neighborhood place I've gone in has tasted like the interior, probably good in the 70s but definitely not up to today's standards. I'm here for atleast 2 more years though and I know I have only seen a little bit but so far its been a little disappointing from America's 3rd largest city.
>>
Is it possible to live in a downtown, not-getting-stabbed part of Chicago that could be lived in at $12 an hour? Seems like cities are inaccessible except to the rich or the reckless.
>>
>>1090327
http://livingwage.mit.edu/metros/16980

This site says living wage in that area is 11.50 but it doesnt back up anything really.
>>
>>1090327
12 an hour is poor for an adult and not so great as a student. Either way if you're making that you should be sharing a place no matter what city you're in
>>
i was born in carol stream and lived there until i was 6, i still go there so often to see family in crete. i usually avoid the niggers and down town. my parents are from sauk village, Chicago heights
>>
>>1090327
you wont get stabbed but shot yes
>>
>>1090711

My girlfriend got a job offer from a Carol Stream based company. She declined after she saw what Carol Stream looks like and how far it is from Chicago, lol.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.