[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /trv/!, I'm going to Europe this summer and after visiting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: trieste.jpg (298 KB, 1601x1149) Image search: [Google]
trieste.jpg
298 KB, 1601x1149
Hey /trv/!, I'm going to Europe this summer and after visiting family in Trieste, Italy, I would like to go to Budapest. Raileurope and other websites say that it would take about 10 to 12 hours with 2 or 3 train changes. Is this how it is, or is it just a mistake from these websites? I really need to know what's the fastest way, thanks!
>>
>>1090015
As far as I remember they have underdeveloped railroads in Slovenia and that's why it takes so long. I skipped Trieste during my Eurorail trip because of this.
So yes, this is how it is. You could try and make the best out of it by taking a route over Austria and maybe stopping in Graz or Vienna without losing much time.

Also consider that the major cities in Europe are often connected through overnight trains. I'm pretty sure there's a night train from either Venice or Milan to Vienna.
>>
there should be some eurolines or orangeways buses that are quicker.
>>
>>1090032
this, OP, just take the bus
>>
File: Flag_of_Croatia.svg.png (32 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Croatia.svg.png
32 KB, 1200x600
>>1090028
>>1090032
>>1090146
Thanks!, I'm gonna take multiple buses in short steps while visiting Croatia. I have six nights from Pula to Budapest what places would you recommend?
>>
>>1090161
i'm from budapest, and so i can only recommend pula and budapest out of those two, maybe zagreb.
but seriously, what are your interests? nature vs cities, drinks all night vs museums all day?
for nature combined with drinks, i'm tempted to direct you to the northwest side of lake balaton, it's like wine flowing on the sides of the hills everywhere.
but if you're more interested in architecture and co, then just skip everything except pula, zagreb and budapest.
>>
>>1090177
Thank you so much for answering. I'm going with my family and our interests are mainly walking through these places and interacting with locals or admiring nature. We were thinking of stopping by in several places of the Istrian peninsula til we get to Pula and then to visit the Plitvice National Park. After that, we could go to Zagreb and later to Budapest. What do you think about that?
>>
>>1090015
After the downfall of communism, rail lines were never restored/extended, so sadly WYSIWYG. Use buses, or take a train from Venice. Let me know if you want to hang out in Trieste, though!
>>
Is there any sites with good prices for bus or train ? Also which is cheaper between bus and train for moderate distance , example bucarest to zagreb ?
>>
>>1091241
No Idea whcih bus companys they use in eastern europe, but buses are almost always cheaper
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.