[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Japan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.gif (5 MB, 400x465) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
5 MB, 400x465
I'm pushing to go through to Nagoya for my senior year for a semester and I was wondering if there is something I need to learn about Japan while I'm out there? Such as women, weather, food, etc.
>>
What sort of dumb fuck question is this? What sort of dim witted cock breath are you?
You need to learn everything, you fucking wanker. Living in Japan is like living on Mars, it's so different to the rest of the world. Do the Japanese a favour and stay at home and suckle on mummy's breast. The place don't need a worthless fuck knuckle like you.
>>
You should learn everything you can about a country you're going to live in no matter what country it is. So to answer your question, you're damn right there's "something" you need to learn while there. There's many things. It's the same as anywhere.

>>1090254
While I agree with your general sentiment towards OP, what's with this bollocks--
>Living in Japan is like living on Mars, it's so different to the rest of the world.

Since when is it, "The entire rest of the world is this way, Japan is another way". Japan is much different from European Christendom, but shares many similarities with other east Asian countries, particularly in the Sinosphere. Japan has very unique culture and does feel like no where else in the world in many ways, but the same could be said about many other countries too. All countries are unique in a way. As someone who has spent a fair amount of time in Japan, I just get so triggered anytime the "Japan-is-magic-moon-land-neon-robots-different-planet-muh-anime-crazy-perverted-schoolgirls" meme is projected. It's so tiring.
>>
>>1090256
>I just get so triggered anytime the "Japan-is-magic-moon-land-neon-robots-different-planet-muh-anime-crazy-perverted-schoolgirls" meme is projected. It's so tiring.
Agreed 100%. Problem is though, the Japanese themselves love to project this meme. Muh Galapagos.
>>
>>1090276
I would argue it is the Japanese tourism industry that has this self interest
>>
>>1089380
You can get by totally fine with out knowing a single word of Japanese. But every single word of Japanese you know ridiculously increases your enjoyment of the country and opens you up to so much more. Do not fall into the gaijin bar trap or you'll miss out on a lot
>>
Yes they have women, weather and food over there
>>1090256
boy you got triggered hard by such a simple troll
>>
>>1090325
I really don't think that poster was a troll. What he expressed is a common opinion. I don't see how he was trolling.

>>1090278
I'd more so agree with this. I know a couple Japanese people who were triggered by Lost in Translation. It's not even so much that what is portrayed in the movie is really inaccurate--all that stuff is in Japan, it's just when that is what is emphasized is only neon, karaoke, and titty clubs--and then a traditional wedding, people just come away with an incomplete impression. It would be like making a movie where a Japanese guy goes to America and the whole thing is set in Montana and rodeo circuits. That is America, but not complete representation of it.

So I don't think ordinary Japanese people really like projecting the meme that Japan is mysterious Blade Runner electric lady land.
>>
>>1090278
The tourism industry, yes, but if you don't think the average Japanese considers himself/the country unique, you haven't spent much time in the country.
>>
>>1090337
m8 the "living on Mars" and "dim witted cock" plus the namefaggotry is such an obvious giveaway, I don't even know how you manage to survive on 4chan not seeing that that is obvious b8
>>
Nagoya is my jam. City of leggy women I swear.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.