[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which cards are best for travel? Should I become a loyalist and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
Which cards are best for travel? Should I become a loyalist and get a specific airline card? Which airlines offer the best cards and rewards? Is it better to just have a generic card that earns small amount of miles?

I'm American btw and do most domestic travel.
>>
Sorry op I don't know. I hope you find the answer soon though :)
>>
>>1089321
Why would you need a specific card for domestic travel? Just use whatever card you use for your day to day spending. If your trying to accrue points wouldnt you want to use the card for everything?
>>
Barclays got me a free round trip to Sweden. Spend 3k in 3 months and you get x amount of points towards any form of travel. No black out dates, any airline, boat, etc, because you spend the points with Barclays. Meaning you save up $125 worth of points? Simple deduct that from the cost of a travel expense.
>>
>>1089321
Southwest Airlines Premier is a good card to have short term, but not long term. Southwest airlines has the Companion Pass, which is awesome because you can nominate a friend (up to 4 times a year) and that friend flies free with you, no questions asked. The catch is you have to either fly 100 times in a calendar year (which is near fucking impossible) or get 110,000 Rapid Rewards points in a calendar year. The Companion Pass is good for the current calendar year AND the entire next calendar year. You also get priority boarding on SW with every flight you take with them.

There are 2 cards actually (Premier and Plus). You can find sign-up bonuses of 50k points for each card (with a minimum spend of $2000 in 3 months for each card), so if you can spend $4000 in 3 months you'll already be at 100k points and just need to make up the other 10k.
>>
File: happy-dog.jpg (196 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
happy-dog.jpg
196 KB, 1024x1024
That's a highly dependent thing. I had a good deal going at one point.
>US Bank offers a credit card with no annual fee that offers 5% cashback on many categories: airfare, hotel, rental car
>Company pays airfare directly but rental car and hotel are pay + reimbursement
>Book hotel and rental car on it
>typically $1,200/wk
>$60 cashback
>BUT WAIT, if you redeem $100 or more in cashback, you get a $25 visa gift card
>I was making more than $300 in tax free income a month from credit card rewards at one point

That was a good deal but things have to die. If you're a loyalist:
>airline credit cards are generally worth it assuming you fly the carrier that has control of your local airport (assuming you pay for own airfare)
>hotel chain credit cards often are (Marriott, at a minimum, is)
>rental car companies really don't do credit cards but US Bank Cash+ (aforementioned previously god tier credit card) will give 5% on rental cars as a category up to $2K per quarter
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.