[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Writing is my passion. Is there a way I can turn that into a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 625x415) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 625x415
Writing is my passion. Is there a way I can turn that into a lucrative career that will allow me to travel? What are my options?
>>
>>1089241
Just take nice pictures of cool and pretty places around the world, be a girl and get a gorillion likes on facey-b. That's a career.
>>
It's really not viable, mate. Unless you're one top-top tier author, you're just going to have to face it.
Here are some points to consider:

1. Find a niche and start a Kickstarter/Indie Gogo
Like documenting X obscure activity around the world and some people might throw money at you. But this requires to be expert on at least 2 subjects (writing+niche)

2. Being a "digital nomad" and working a freelance writer job while living in cheap countries

There's a thread about this right now, check it.
>>
>>1089241

If you're a decent writer, you can probably sustain yourself in the cheaper parts of the world doing freelance work.
>>
>>1089241
It's possible but it will take many years of getting your name out there before you earn any money. Basically what you have to do is set up a blog and write columns for other blogs or local newspapers. Once you get enough writing under your name write for a major newspaper, then for magazines, all the while still getting your name out there online and elsewhere. Eventually you could become a traveling journalist type where you go to a country and write articles for 5-10 different magazines and newspapers and each one pays you some money for them where in total it will just pay for the trip.

You basically have to combine this with photos or videos and other forms of media to become successful. It's all about getting your name out there. Look how many blogs there are about traveling but everyone mentions the same ones all the time. Even if they're much shittier than other travelers, it's all about marketing yourself.
>>
Apparently I'm like some great writer or whatever, I don't really believe it but I've always wanted to travel on someone elses dime. I don't really give a shit about the sites I just like eating and drinking and fucking backpackers, you think there's a series there?
>>
>>1089291
>Apparently I'm like some great writer
>>
>>1089358
still on 4chan fuckstick
>>
What about freelance photographer? Did anybody tried that?
>>
Make a film or doc for Vice, those fuckers will take anyone by the looks of it, talent isn't a requisite either.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.