[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have a connecting flight at U.S. airport in a little over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: dntQtM7.gif (961 KB, 245x213) Image search: [Google]
dntQtM7.gif
961 KB, 245x213
>have a connecting flight at U.S. airport in a little over an hour
>go through customs
>takes 10 minutes even though I'm a U.S. citizen
>take 15 minutes to get to area I needed to be and get my baggage where it needed to be
>TSA literally takes over FOURTY MINUTES to get me through
>sprint full force for my gate
>20 minutes late
>if they weren't having technically issues I would have missed it

Why the fuck are American airports so horrible? I get they have more security procedures than other countries but at the very least they could have a "help me I'm about to miss my fucking flight because you assholes take so long" express line or have more lines so people can get through it faster.
>>
Xenophobia
>>
>>1088876
Unions. It's the same here in Canada. They purposely do everything slowly because if they do things fast they will be expected to do things fast all the time. Unions protect shitty workers.

When I was coming back from Panama I got my bags searched and they had about 10 people in line for questioning and searches and only 3 border agents doing anything. About 5 other border guards were just standing around, walking back and forth, getting coffee or some shit...
>>
How were you 20 minutes late to your connecting flight that's in a little over an hour if it took you about 65 minutes to get through everything?
>>
>>1088876
Your being 20 minutes late was after a 65 minute delay and a sprint? Then you only allowed 45 minutes between flights for an international arrival.

Which airport was this, curious? I'd have allowed more time for certain airports such as Miami, where customs can shut doors for an hour leaving people standing around with their bags, and at least an hour for any airport I didn't know was efficient at that hour. I've waited more than hour for US in Toronto, just to use the self-help kiosks with your palm on the screen, and this was after bag claim. Don't even get me started about how much I hate Heathrow.
>>
>>1088876
>went to hawaii this month
>With 2 month old newborn
>literally have to take apart whole carseat and stroller to get through security
>doesn't take more then 20 mins to get to the gate
Get there on time bro.
Only late fucks get stuck in a line that takes forever.
>>
>>1089078
Right time of day and luck.

It really is true that some cities don't care about lines at peak hours.
>>
>>1088876

I think the real question to ask is why did you think one hour was enough?
>>
>>1088876
If you weren't such a poorfag you would have gotten a direct flight.
>>
>>1088876
Its been said but an hour for an international transfer? How close do you cut it for a domestic transfer?

That said, returning to the USA from abroad is always unpleasant. My wife has a green card so we usually get a little more love.
>>
>>1088876
Cut the line, bro. If you explain, people will accept it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.