[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Travel Insurance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 1424666589598.gif (753 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1424666589598.gif
753 KB, 500x750
So it's a Tuesday, first time to organize and travel alone, and I'm just about ready to book my tickets for an Eastern Europe tour this July-October, and I just remembered: travel insurance.

Do you buy travel insurance, anon?
What's a good site?
How much would usually spend for this?
Do you buy this along with the plane ticket from the airline?

(Sorry if this is a frequent question, couldn't find it in the sticky)
>>
bump?
>>
>>1088772
Just go to a website that lets you compare what is out there, and then decide if you want to buy it from a company like expedia when you book, get a rider on your medical insurance, or look into your credit card protections.

What do you need insurance for? Add it up if you need it for medical care, or emergency interruption or both, or loss of gear and replacement value for luggage, that kind of thing. I always get it when taking a cruise because you really do get stranded with a huge bill if they put you off the ship in a crappy port with high airfare, or if you get airlifted. Most of the time, I use the coverage of my credit card outside of that, which increases my luggage replacement. For me, buying a last minute airfare is a gamble my savings can cover, as are high medical copays, but at least my plan covers me overseas after I pay upfront. If that wouldn't work for you, get insurance so your life isn't ruined in a flash.

It's not brought up that often here, really, but it's always the same outcome. Most people with some savings find these important points, that I made, and would insist you should have some protections where they matter, as I state. Don't listen to any kids who tell you to go without or that odds are always going to be in your favor. Just be smart.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.