[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
St. Patrick's day Dublin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 9780652_orig.jpg (33 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
9780652_orig.jpg
33 KB, 600x399
I'm going to Dublin for St. Patrick's day. Never been to Ireland before. Any tips on where to go and what not to miss?
>>
Bugems for burrito.
Bison bar for great American-style meat food.

That's all I've got right now.
>>
If you're into sport you could check out the All Ireland Club Championship finals they're in Croke Park. Two games, one hurling and one football, good standard but the weather usually fucks up the hurling. You'll get a ticket for around 25 or 30 quid. Couldn't really recommend a pub coz I dont know, they're all gonna be full that day anyway. Hit Copper Faced Jacks for a real Irish nightclub feel. nothing modern about it, just a fuckin shitload of people hammered drunk.
>>
>>1088604
>going to Ireland to drink Irish beer on most famous Irish holiday
>anon should drink at an American theme bar
>>
>>1088567
First of all its called st pattys day
Second if you are from the usa the irish love hearing stories of your irish great grand pappy
Third temple bar is the place to be
>>
>>1088732
I usually don't approve of this kind of trolling but that was pretty funny
>>
>>1088567
It's full of Yanks and Britbongs anyhow, expect somebody to try and pickpocket you although the bars are the worst thieves.

Bring plenty of cash.
>>
Wear anything but orange and you should be fine
>>
I'm just going to use this thread to my advantage and ask: How much rent would you have to pay for a room in Dublin? Nothing fancy, just a room for a university student, willing to share an appartment with other people.

Asking because I have the option to spend a year in Dublin during my study programme.
>>
>>1088918
Crazy expensive and hard to find, best bet is look to share an apartment or house with others and split rent.
Its the main reason that I'm not going to Dublin for college
>>
>>1088567
>where to go
Out of Dublin. Its terrible and full of yanks during st patricks. I remember how packed temple bar was (it was a crush the whole way through) and the street was about 30cm deep with crushed beer cans and rubbish.
Even the parade was 75% American high school marching bands. It was seriously shit.

I have had plenty of non-irish friends who celebrated it in other Irish cities and had a great time.
>>
>>1088864
The locals in Dublin actually have a bright orange sash, similar to the one st Patrick wore when he spoke to the people.
>>
>>1088918
> willing to share
> this guy thinks he can afford to live alone in Dublin

You one o' dem dere trust fund kiddies eh?
>>
>>1088961
>>1088963
ok got it, I'll go somewhere else
>>
Go to Chicago for St. Patrick's day. Have a deep dish pizza and a fucking blast
>>
>>1088567
During your stay visit trinity and christchurch for culture, guinness brewery and teeling whiskey for tours, and glendalough and sally gap (ancestral home of guinness family) for day trips.

Eat at boojum, pieman and bunsen for good cheap eats, or ricks burgers if you're drunk.

Paddys day go to the parade on dame street, start drinking at 10am, and try not to get stabbed by the local youths
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.