[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What books should I read during my cross country travel through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: jker.jpg (6 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
jker.jpg
6 KB, 284x177
What books should I read during my cross country travel through the south of the States?
>>
I'd say Huckleberry Finn, but maybe that's too obvious of a choice.
>>
>>1088508
Turner diaries
>>
Uncle toms cabin?

If youre expecting some racist haven/caricature with people waving Confederate flags like on tv then youre going to be very disappointed
>>
>>1088508
Really depends on where you're traveling. America is too varied to pick one novel emblematic of it all.
>>
>>1088508
the road by jack london. he did what you want to do for free.
>>
Deliverance
>>
>>1088929
Beat me to it
>>
>>1088742
Huckleberry Finn takes place in the Midwest.
>>
As I Lay Dying is the book of the south
>>
Whatever book strikes your fancy most, m8.
>>
Faulkner, lots of Faulkner
>>
>>1088508
Communist Manifesto
>>
>>1088945
No, mostly in the south. Illinois is the the inly midwestern setting. Otherwise takes place in Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, etc.
>>
>>1088508
>The Grapes of Wrath
>0 results
oy vey
OY FUCKING VEY
>>
>>1088508
Let us Now Praise Famous Men.

/thread
>>
>>1090045
he's traveling in the south, not the west.
>>
File: 1289849406849[1].png (3 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
1289849406849[1].png
3 KB, 493x402
>>1090137
unless he's only traveling through the states as they existed during the civil war, he's going across the same half of the country the joads did. you should retake your remedial english course and look at a map from at least the last century before replying to me again.
>>
File: Us_south_census.png (16 KB, 566x365) Image search: [Google]
Us_south_census.png
16 KB, 566x365
>>1090151
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_United_States
:^)
>>
>>1089926
This
or read Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy
>>
A Confederacy of Dunces
>>
>>1090153
>west virginia and maryland
>southern

kek
>>
>>1091488
South of the Mason-Dixon line.
And have you actually understood the words to "Maryland, My Maryland"?

But Delaware, that's a different story.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.