[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Travelling to Dhaka, Bangladesh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: dhaka2.jpg (348 KB, 1600x1064) Image search: [Google]
dhaka2.jpg
348 KB, 1600x1064
I'm planning on staying in Dhaka for a week during Eid, with my girlfriend who is a Bangladeshi National. There is a law against foreigners having any Bangladeshi visitors to their hotel rooms. She wont actually be staying in my hotel overnight, but it's obviously much more convenient if she can come into my room. I'm going to book the "royal suite" which is large with a dinning table and stuff.

I talked to the hotel about this to make sure there are no issues. I had do to some careful talking and convincing, but I got sent up the chain of management who have confirmed that if we check in together we will be fine. That means I would book a room for 2, which is a bit extra and fine with me.

The only thing is we might not actually "check in together", we will arrive there at different times. She will also come and go. Do you think they will have a problem with this? I'd think any normal hotel would be fine with this, but in BD they seem a bit sensitive.
>>
Just tell them their beliefs are outdated relics from the Dark Ages that have no place in 21st Century society, and that they should be ashamed of themselves for stubbornly holding on to them.

They will deeply apologize and immediately adopt your point-of-view, so you should have no problems whatsoever.
>>
>>1088440
It's obviously to discourage prostitution. Hotels DGAF if you're married or not, as OP's post shows.
>>
I was in Dhaka not that long ago. What the official stance is and what actually happens are two different things. Bangladesh is actually much more permissive than you'd think with all the muslim stuff. Officially they wouldn't let your gf in, but most likely they would just look the other way.

I stayed at a 5star which had a hotel bar, and even working girls. I didn't try one, but it was clear it wouldn't have been a problem. She probably would just have discretely come to my room on her own, after me. The hotel staff clearly knew the working girls and everyone knew the game.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.