[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My son is 16 yo and is very responsible, and mature. He has traveled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: AYYY DEER.jpg (103 KB, 601x665) Image search: [Google]
AYYY DEER.jpg
103 KB, 601x665
My son is 16 yo and is very responsible, and mature. He has traveled a lot with me in the past. but I am curious to one thing. How could he travel alone to AUS for example? and be able to go without a guide or a adult. He is basically a man.

picture is completely unrelated
>>
>>1087846
Granted, I have daughter turning 15 next month and I'm on this page, but how much does anyone want to bet that this is the "son" posting trying to skirt the age limit for 4Chan? Good on him though, better than the retards that admit to being underage.
>>
>>1087849
Not underage. A serious question.

I mostly browse /diy/ but when looking through the 4chan homepage noticed this board, and decided to ask.
>>
He cant
>>
>>1087864
Only way is if I travel with him?
>>
>>1087868
He'll probably need some legal authorization from the parents' or legal responsible.
Check the country's homepage for more details or just call the consulate of said country and ask how to proceed.
Also, check what are the airline's rule for unaccompanied underage passengers (will likely need some kind of authorization too).
>>
>>1087872
Thanks man, I appreciate it.
>>
>>1087846
For unaccompanied travel no.
Almost all countries have a anti child abduction and human trafficking laws that prohibit unaccompanied minors from entering the country at all.

For Student exchange, attending a camp, guided tours also valid for most countries to visit relatives unaccompanied;
>go to the embassy
>apply for a special minor visa
>bring a written and notarized statement that you will pay for everything and have enough money for.
>get a written and notarized statement that the guest parents/person responsible abroad will host him and take care of him.
>pay some money for it
>if everything is ok you can pick up the travel autorisation within a few weeks
>>
>>1087896
True, true.

I'll look into it more, Thanks brother.
>>
>>1087896
when the fuck did this start? both my brothers and i have taken unaccompanied trips to europe when we were minors.
>>
>>1087951
You probably need someone that can be held responsible and represent you legally in the other country.
For minors, this normally means relatives or some institution (school or interchange company or something like that).
>>
>>1087959
okay, but that doesn't have anything to do with my question of when it started. like i said, one brother went to austria, one to ireland, and i just bought a eurail pass and went where ever, and we were all 16-17 with no adults. of course that was in 2008, 2001 and 1998 respectively.
>>
>>1087951
Most have it since at least 10-15 years. (I'm 30 and needed a special permit visa for my High School student exchange in the US, Chile and Hong Kong as well as for scout camps around the world.)
I traveled around the Schengen area too and it's a whole different story

Those regulations only apply if you need a visa for entry (even under a visa waiver program). If you already live in the Schengen area and hold a schengen passport, you can travel around it all you want no problem worst case is border patrol might run your pass/id trough the missed persons database and ask you a few questions why you travel alone and unless your story is complete bullshit they won't even question it and call it a day.
>>
>>1087951
From what country of origin, though.
>>
>>1088161
us
>>
>>1087846
>my son

Do you think anyone is falling for this?
>>
>>1088192
>>>1087846 (OP)
>>my son
>Do you think anyone is falling for this?
I'm not. A responsible parent would have posted information about country of origin, and actually been aware of some of the question answers from basic life experiences in travel.
>>
>>1088192
>>1088202
I am responsible.

I didn't think to post about country of origin.
Why the fuck would I lie about having a son?
>>
>>1088365
This still is fucking 4chan dude, chill.
Ppl will doubt you regardless of what you say.
Even if you posted a picture ppl would doubt you or at least troll.
As others have already replied, just check with the embassy/consulate of the country you want to send an unaccompanied underage person what are the procedures.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.