[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to new york city in a few weeks and one of my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Street-food-in-New-York-City-3.jpg (267 KB, 640x390) Image search: [Google]
Street-food-in-New-York-City-3.jpg
267 KB, 640x390
I'm going to new york city in a few weeks and one of my favourite things is to taste food and booze from other places (I'm not from the USA).
What do you guys recommend to eat and where?
>>
Get Halal B. 53rd st and 6th avenue. You have to be drunk.

Then get fake halal for comparison.

Find a bullshit food truck on the nyu campus. Otherwise nobody really does decent street food.

Don't eat the hotdogs
>>
Most of the food to eat out in New York is immigrant food, of one sort or another.
Chinese food in Chinatown.
Indian food on East 6th Street.
Pizza.
Jewish Deli food.

Honestly, if you want truly American food that hasn't been adopted by the global franchises, Boston or Philadelphia would be better.

For booze, the Brooklyn Brewery produces decent beer, and is reasonably well distributed.
>>
>>1087631

There is also plenty of American food. Burgers, cheap Diners, Chains and American food focused restaurants high and low. These are to be found in all neighborhoods. Thats what makes NYC what it is, it basically has everything.
>>
If you try Halal Guys whatever you do don't put the whole cup of hot sauce into your plate.
It still hurts.

Also Momofuku Milk Bar.
>>
>>1087623
This

The street food is NYC is SHIT tier.
>>
Do not waste your time at Momofuku milk bar, overrated.
>>
Pizza... and it's good almost every where in nyc
>>
>>1087616
There's great chinese in Flushing. Apparently the best is at this restaurant I went to called Biang next to the Amerasia Bank on main street.
>>
>>1088782
Have you ever noticed how you have to wait forever to get your table at Chinese restaurants in New York? Have you seen this stuff? I mean what's the deal with that?
>>
>>1088775
>he hasn't tried the buns
Your loss I guess.
>>
>>1088809
They are okay, I can think of two places in flushing that have better buns and dumplings off the top of my head
>>
>>1087616
Cuchifritos
168 E 116th St
>>
>>1087631
Indian food:28 Street and Lexington. Choose a place.
Pizza:Totonno's John's Grimaldi's and the list goes on.
Jewish Deli Katz's Second Ave deli. Also Sarge's on Third Ave in Murray Hill.
>>
>>1087616

Every else here has given you good recommendations of places to go for NY food, so I thought I'd chime in with my interpretation of what is at the heart of American food.

Go to a diner. That right there is the heart of American cuisine, in my opinion. Eggs, hash browns, pancakes, bacon, sausage...

Another favorite of mine is good old southern cooking. Po boys, biscuits and gravy, and my personal favorite: fried chicken and waffles.

Side note, fried chicken is a good staple of American food. Try to find a good place for that, in general.

Wings are also pretty American. And I'd recommend washing it down with bourbon for good measure.

All that said, I haven't spent too much time in New York, but big as it is, I'm sure you could find all of this right down to the bourbon if you wanted to. Just my recommendations.
>>
>>1087623
Second
Make sure you pick the original stand between Starbucks and the 5 degree ice bar.
>>
>>1089071
>Go to a diner
and you'll be right next to nj, which has arguably the best diners in the country.

i may or may not be a jerseyfag.
>>
I really love the thai places scattered about hell's kitchen. avoid yumyums, opt for the smaller, hole in the wall sort of locations.

lots of good options for cheap yet amazingly delicious dumplings.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.