[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nizhny Novgorod
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 145357_12[1].jpg (146 KB, 1039x800) Image search: [Google]
145357_12[1].jpg
146 KB, 1039x800
Sup /trv/
I've never been in Russia, yet.
What can u tell me about Moscow and Nizhny Novgorod? Will it interesting for a guy from Canada?
>>
It will be similar to your homeland, only with fewer smiles.
>>
>>1087373
What are the prices in Russia?
>>
>>1087377
Pretty cheap at the moment senpai, you will get a lot of ruble for your capitalist pig currency and while there is inflation, prices haven't fully adjusted to the new rate.
>>
What part of Canada are you from? Moscow to Novgorod is north of the tree line, so it would be like most of Canada outside the prairies.

It depends what type of living standards and culture shock you want. Moscow is kind of normal by western standards. Kazan to Volgograd gives a better feel of the country.

>>1087377
Moscow is pretty expensive, almost like regular western levels. Other than St. Petersburg, everything would be a lot cheaper. If you want western standards, you're paying western prices. If you're willing to go local, things get really cheap. Average Russian lives off of $400 a month.
>>
I have been going there since the 90's. I rent apartments right in Red Square area. Cheaper and you can buy and prepare your own food in the kitchens. Most 5 star hotels would be 3 stars to westerners. Domo and Sheremet Airports do have trains that can take you to Moscow and the Metro subway.
>>
Why Nizhny Novgorod? I'm curious because I actually went there for a weekend when I was staying in Moscow. We just wanted to go somewhere and there were no trains to St. Petersburg.

I wouldn't really recommend it. It was cool to see the less western side of Russia I guess, but there was not too much to do there (that we found).
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.