[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm traveling alone to Waikiki for a month. I've been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: waikiki.jpg (65 KB, 665x374) Image search: [Google]
waikiki.jpg
65 KB, 665x374
I'm traveling alone to Waikiki for a month. I've been there before, but never for this long. Any recommendations for what to do with my time? Under 21.

inb4 not a RealTravelerâ„¢ because Hawaii
>>
go visit the other islands if your staying for a month.
>>
>>1087335
Assuming I'm not, any ideas, or is Waikiki pretty much a lying on the beach vacation?

Also, I don't mind touristy areas (or I wouldn't be going to Waikiki), but ARE there any good relaxing beaches there that aren't filled with tourists?
>>
>>1087317
I am currently stationed in on Oahu, so I might be able to help you out. What is your spending budget?
>>
>>1087317
Waikiki is boring as fuck, learn to surf I guess a month is enough time to get confident
>>
>>1089382
I don't have a hard budget, but after the condo and airfare my goal is to spend no more than $1000 USD over the course of the month. That includes food, which I'm sure will be my biggest expense, though I'll be trying to shop smart.
>>
File: resized_secondpeak.jpg (45 KB, 300x452) Image search: [Google]
resized_secondpeak.jpg
45 KB, 300x452
Hike, hike, hike, hike. There are a thousand awesome trails on Oahu, most accessible by bus, and you won't be able to afford much else with that budget.
>>
>>1087317
make a pattaya coil
>>
>>1089382
My wife and i are moving there in about 2 months. We dont have a ton of money and probably just a backpack each. Both 22 and no kids. Want to look into learning scuba and captaining a boat. Advice about jobs and housing? Living stamdards are lower than "american average"
>>
Ignore that not real traveler shit op.
I've been across NZ, Aus, Pacific and to Asia.
Still get "not Europe or USA?"

People are moronic.
>>
>>1087317

Nobody cares if you are or aren't a Real Traveler, OP.

Anyway, relevant question: is it possible to go to Hawaii and stay for weeks or a month if you're not absolutely loaded? I read some figure that the average tourist spends well over a hundred dollars per day, lodging aside.
>>
File: 1455216032219.jpg (93 KB, 1200x479) Image search: [Google]
1455216032219.jpg
93 KB, 1200x479
Have dinner at Hy's steakhouse before you leave. a MUST.
>>
diamond head volcano, hawaii culture center, the north shore, dole plantation corn maze, pearl harbor, snorkeling.
>>
also eat at dukes wakiki beach very good place with a little history
>>
>>1090535
Would love to know this as well. I'm from Germany and still looking for a place to travel to later this year and I really just want sun, beaches and hiking trails. Hawaii seems great for that but it also seems pretty expensive

How much would 2 or 3 weeks there cost?
>>
>>1090721
Sun beaches hiking trails...look at St. John USVI. Three quarters of the island is state park, with gorgeous mountain climbs. Sugar mill ruins. Beaches have an underwater snorkel trail, and a stray mongoose or donkey if you're lucky. There are millionaires houses to rent with balcony showers and views from heaven, and some treehouse style eco-lodges, as well actual resorts. It is probably the best caribbean island that has great lodging but still feels like it did 75 years ago before tourists changed islands so much.
>>
>>1090736
Looks amazing thx anon. Will see definitely look into that
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.