[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I apply?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: france cake.jpg (46 KB, 500x669) Image search: [Google]
france cake.jpg
46 KB, 500x669
>My college is offering a three-week exchange trip to France
>It held a seminar regarding this trip and other trips today
>Around 50 people attended this seminar
>After the seminar, most people asked questions about this trip to France
>Quota for French trip is 25 people
>Some of these people who want to travel to France are Translation and Linguistics majors
Should I apply? I am a Chemistry major and my major has nothing to do with French. They say that they will look at your general communication skills, participation in college activities, and passion to select people in the interview. I didn't participate in any college events and my communication skills are below average.
>>
The worst that could happen is they refuse your application.
If you're scared of being scarred for life because your application was declined, then don't do it.
You also shouldn't apply if you don't have the money, obviously.
>>
>>1086866
My college will pay for all the expenses (except the flight tickets).
>>
>>1086886
So unless you're a pussy who can't handle rejection or you don't have enough for flight tickets or you have something better to do during those three weeks, I see no reason not to apply.
But seeing as you had to create a thread to ask, you may fit the first case.
>>
>>1086859
they might not accept you, but what do you have to lose? A free trip to France sounds nice
>>
>>1087129
Well, they are not covering the air tickets.
>>
Don't waste your time.
France is littered with immigrants who will rape you and steal your shit and nobody will care to help you because you're not French. To make things worse, you already said you lack communication skills so you'll be an easy target.
Save the money or waste on chicks.
>>
>>1087150
Ya OP. Be miserable like me and always avoid any potential challenge. It's hard to try. In life. you will always look back and wish that eveything was easy and given to you.
>>
Bump
I didn't participate in any college activities so I don't think they will choose me.
>>
>>1087150
i beg to differ. all the french i met liked americans. i was at a french toll booth and my credit card wasnt working and i didnt have enough euros and a french woman from another car got out and helped us translate the toll machine. the french are way nicer than the Italians.
>>
>>1087749
You say as if your experience is enough to confirm that op will find nice people.They're civilized but most won't give a shit to you. Specially after you've been mugged.

>>1087729
Don't waste your time. The program is obviously not for you. Chem has nothing to do with it, you hav no social skills, lack confidence and did nothing throughout your time in college that could justify picking you to go. You'll just be a bother.
>>
>>1086859
Odds are good for you. Logistics of an exchange trip involve parental consent, discretionary funds, other assignments that would be missed, and all kinds of logistical variables.

Your major? Doesn't matter. Basic sciences collaborate on studies all the time.
>>
>>1086859
Of all the trips you can do, the semesters abroad are the most fun, most intensive, and most immersive, and this is just a taste of that.
As far as being unrelated to your major? Who cares. College for B.S. majors is just chock full of necessary math and science, out of necessity, but the BEST kind of degree is liberal arts, the classes that make you a better person and a happier person. Go get your culture where you can, and life experiences. What if you want to do a masters at the Sorbonne? What if you passion in life as a chemist is in fact cooking, and chef-ing it up in your kitchen, and when your amazing salary one day, you'll be opening your own restaurant, or chain of restaurants, or patenting the next great food preservative. Never turn down culture, unless it derails your end goals of that degree of course. If you think you are missing out on some college experience, go fill in the blanks. But, if you are looking for an escape from your real work, detouring, depressed or something else is going on, figure your shit out and don't dabble in time off if it hurts your grades.
>>
>>1087729
I really fail to see any reason to bump this thread.
You have to apply before even knowing if you'll be going or not.
You want advice about applying? Go talk with people from your university dude! Or go to /adv/!
Come to /trv/ after you know you're going.

It's stupid not to apply if it's free (to apply) and there's no negative consequences for you.
Send in the papers and just fucking wait.
"They rejected me! Buhuu!"
Suck it dude! You tried at least! What else did you lost because you tried? A few minutes filling and sending in papers? What were you going to do with those minutes? Masturbate and fantasize about fucking Parisian girls?

"They accepted me! What do I do?"
I don't know, it's your fucking university offering the course! Go ask them!

"They accepted me! What can I do for fun in Paris?"
Now that's the question that you should be seeking for answers here.

Now let this thread die and only come back after you know for sure you're going!
>>
>>1087769
>My anecdotal experience trumps your anecdotal experience.
>>
What s the name of the city you could go to?
French ânon hère !
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.