[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moldova and Transnistria
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: moldova.png (677 B, 220x110) Image search: [Google]
moldova.png
677 B, 220x110
Considering going here for about 9 days. Is that enough time to feel like I've seen the region well enough?

How is the nightlife and the women in these areas? I'm living in an alcohol-free, repressive country, so I really want to party, be out in nature, and check out some cool-ass buildings, in that order.
>>
>>1086842
>I'm living in an alcohol-free, repressive country, so I really want to party, be out in nature, and check out some cool-ass buildings, in that order.

Then why the hell are Moldova and Transnistria your first pick? Just curious, I think those areas are more for adventureous traveling than for having casual fun. Cities like Berlin, Prague or Amsterdam would be the standard pick for that.
>>
>>1086849

I've been to Berlin before and the nightlife was really exclusive. No one I met during my week there got into any places worth raving about.

I've been to Amsterdam before, and not in the mood for doing any drugs -- I get really weird and paranoid when I smoke weed.

I've also seen many of the main places to see in Europe.

As for Moldova and Transnistria, I'd like to go there because I feel like those areas are going to change a LOT in the coming years, and it'll be my last time to be in Europe for a few years.
>>
>cool-ass buildings
wrong destination for that, bro
dunno about the rest
>>
>>1086887
They have a Lenin statue.
>>
>>1086887

They have lots of Soviet landmarks
>>
There is some nightlife, but it's not wild. The girls are pretty, though. It will be a bit hard to communicate with them since not that many speak English.

You have done your research about Transnistria, right? About how to get there, how you can stay, etc?

9 days is a bit much for Moldova anyway. With that time, you could also drop by Romania, which will be easier to visit and more lively. If you visit in the summer, you could even go to the Black Sea for some beach parties.
>>
If you want cool-ass buildings in that broad vicinity, go to (a) Odessa - which is an amazing city in many ways and warrants a few days at least and (b) Chernivtsi - the University there and the "drunken church" are worth the visit alone. Odessa is dead easy to get to from Transnistria (or Moldova), Chernivtsi is in the bit of Ukraine that used to be in Romania (when it was called Czernowicz), just over the northern border of both Moldova and Romania. not sure how transport there from Moldova might work.
Or you could go the Romanian bit of Moldavia and see the painted monasteries, if you have your own transport or hire a driver. All this way more interesting than anything much in the Republic of Moldova or Transnistria I think...

But yeah -
>>
>>1086917
>>1086945

Thanks, I think maybe I'll fly into Moldova, see the city, do a night at the bars, check out Transnistria, then head to Romania or Ukraine for the rest

Cheers
>>
>>1086842
>>1086842

>Moldavia
>nightlife

come on now
>>
>>1088002

It's being marketed as a budget nightlife location online.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.