[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Driving from Los Angeles to Portland. Going to be there for 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: oregon.jpg (4 MB, 3885x2565) Image search: [Google]
oregon.jpg
4 MB, 3885x2565
Driving from Los Angeles to Portland. Going to be there for 3 days. Looking to see if anyone's visited Portland or done any Pacific North-West travel.
>>
>>1086810
Portland is nice. Only really went there for dinner and drove around a bit so can't really give you advice on where to go.

If you aren't taking the Pacific Coast Highway to get there then I highly recommend you do.
>>
>>1086810
"Portlandia" does literally sum up Portland but it's not as obnoxious as the show makes it out to be. It's a fun little city, great nightlife, amazing food, a bit gentrified but not so gentrified/priced out as Seattle. Lots of festivals and community events. Real friendly people, I mean friendly to the point you'd think they were Canadians.

Only real downside is it is really liberal (only bad if you're a /pol/lack, again not super obnoxious about it), and the rain. It's constantly fucking raining.
>>
>>1086852
Ty very much :)
>>
>>1086825
We would take pch except we dont have that long, leaving on the 3rd in the afternoon heading back the 7th to get back in LA by the 8th so we'll take pch the way down probably.
>>
>>1086852

Im from NY, I find all Americans friendly to the point you would think they are Canadians anon. Yes Portland is worth a visit. The Pacific NW is way too wealthy and precious for me, but it is ok interesting to visit once in a awhile. In Portland go have fun at the Doug Fir.
>>
>>1086852
I always love the Us Northwest and currently I am downloading the whole season 1 of Portlandia
>>
>>1086913
Bruh

I know this is unrealistic but you might want to schedule more time for a drive of this magnitude, if you have any real desire to explore your destination city.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.