[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3 days Hiking in Spain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: mspain.gif (39 KB, 509x444) Image search: [Google]
mspain.gif
39 KB, 509x444
Hey all, I would like to go trekking for three days in spain. I'm in barcelona now with a backpack tent etc. I have no idea where to find information on this stuff. I need to be able to get there from barcelona by train or bus. Preferably something nice by the water, mountains, or both. Thanks.
>>
>>1118960
The Pyrenees is your obvious choice. Get a bus to Huesca and then to Jaca and go from there
>>
>>1118963
Sorry to be so naive but where do I get a map, do I need to register somewhere to hike in Europe or do people just wander around and sleep anywhere? At least in the US it's a big deal that is.
>>
>>1119153
Don't take everything I say as an equivalent to the laws in thr contry, but merely as what has been passed on to me by word of mouth.

In old days Spain, there were a lot of shepherds walking cross contry with their sheep, so they'd be in north in summertime and south in wintertime for their herds to feed. They were nomads travelling with up to several hundreds of sheep and goats. Because of this there was a king sometime in the last millenium who made it a law for these roads to be open for those shepherds. which means that there to this days are pathways, some up to 72 meters in width where these shepherds(or anyone) can walk freely with their animals grazing on anything that grows there.

So you're pretty free to hike on those trails.

Other than that, lightig a fire is a serious hazard, if you're planning to cook your meals over fire you should really consider well where you set up a campfire. First it should.be out of sight (light at night, smoke at day) plus you don't want to start a forest fire, even when it has just rained you have a lot of debris and undergrowth that will catch fire from anything! So before even considering to make a fire, better make sure that you completely strip the area you're making it on, right down to bare soil or rock. Clear area up to 2 meters in radius. You don't want to get caught in a forest fire anon.

Also if you're just out in the boonies hiking, I'd say popping up a tent shouldn't be a big problem, if you camp at a spot where people can't see you unless they're very close you might be alright for all three nights. If youbdo get caught then don't try to argue, if you're not a spanish speaker just get a move on, take down camp and look like you're complying.
>>
Good advice thanks!
>>
Anyone have any experience in Barcelona? Me and my friends are going to be going there for in July, would be appreciated if someone could tell how is the party life, girls, and how easy is it to get weed there?
>>
>>1120729

Weed, easy. If you want to party, Marina street and Muntaner street come to mind. Also be sure to check out the port at night, it has basically become a clusterfuck of clubs since the Olympics.

Girls are easy to pick up if you are not from here.

Good luck, and be careful with your wallets in the Ramblas. I've never been robbed there because I'm a local, but tourists get their shit stolen every day apparently. Just remember where your things are and don't show them too much and you should be fine.

I can answer any other questions you may have about the city.
>>
Son

I have an idea.
IDK about 3 day hike.
But check that out (NOT AN AD)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GR_footpath

Gran roderigo, alias Grandes routes ( in their french equivalents) are trails all around France/Spain and other surrounding countries that are extremely well maintained, especially in Spain.

I did a 10 day one.
Went from Barcelona to the french pyrenes.
Best experience, BY FAR.
there was NOBODY on the trail while i did it.
And it was beautiful.

I did not speak one grain of spanish.

the french side of it was not organized as well.
However, the Spanish side, impressive. They shave the bottom of the trees on the trail and they mark everything regularly.
>>
Also, on the trail I did, I ended up in a camping camp, in a small city well known for its wells and pure water.

The camping and small restaurant set up there was managed by punks (flashy hair color, punk music, family oriented more or less).

They had weed to sell at 3$ for a gram

for 20 $ i got 7g of dank ass shit.
>>
>>1121082
That's for the info but could you be more specific on the weed and how to get it etc
>>
>>1121560
If you walk down Ramblas or around Raval, Gotico and Born people will literally offer you drugs on the street. The quality from those guys isn't always the best but it's legit weed. If you want something better, I guess just follow your nose and ask someone.. It's common here. There are some marijuana clubs too, idk how they work but I think tourists should be able to join. Quality there should be better.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.