[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Magic Kingdom vs Disneyland
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (314 KB, 1200x676) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
314 KB, 1200x676
Which is better and why?
>>
>>1118299
Disney World is always better than Disneyland
>>
>>1118299
Could have been a matter of opinion before they put star wars stuff out East, bit definitely World. It was built due to not being able to expand on Land
>>
If you think about comparing your favorite band to Disney Parks, Disney World is their entire discography, while Disneyland is their Greatest Hits.

Most rides at Disney Parks are copies of ones in their other parks and although Disneyland has fewer rides and less space to work with, they tend to be the best rides and are closer together (i.e.: you don't have to walk as much in the two Disneyland Parks as much as in the four Disney World Parks).

In terms of hotels and having the sense that you are staying on an actual resort, Disney World has many more hotels on site. Disney World is also choked significantly less by urban sprawl, unlike Disneyland which is completely surrounded by cheap motels where everyone speaks Spanish or some other language that isn't English.

tl;dr:
The best experience inside the theme parks only: Disneyland wins
The best experience considering the entire resort property as a whole (theme parks + hotels + other activities): Disney World wins
>>
>>1118326
That's a pretty stellar comparison, anon
>>
>>1118312
>Disney World is always better than Disneyland
Always was and always has been this way. Disney bought the land in Florida, duplicated the "land" stuff there, and then dreamed up the rest of it all. End of story. The only clear difference was that a family trip to CA had the Universal next door that had real actual movie sets from favorite TVshows and movies, and not the fabricated stuff for show purposes that was the Orlando version (at first). The, you were close to Knotts and the other fun stuff there. Florida visits were a destination to only the Park itself at the beginning of it all. And, the tram that went through the Contemporary, then along came Epcot! And, all the cool resorts that duplicated some other vacations like polynesian, or the big ol national park lodge style of fort wilderness, and the rest is history.

There's a private semi-secret club at DisneyLand which I don't believe exists at DisneyWorld. I'll never go, so I dunno. As a Floridian, I've been to everything 3-4x/year for my lifetime, so it's all old hat to me where I enjoy it all of course, but I don't do the gaga thing where people get ridiculously excited about all things Disney, so I recognize the stupidness of some of the prices and exploits. Used to stay in a non-resort on purpose, to just get away from Disney prices. I'd rather thrown down $400/night in Europe not just get an extra hour early to go there. I just go in February when the weather is nicest and crowds lightest. Makes the lines more tolerable too.
>>
>>1118299
The only reason to go to Disney Land is that you live in California,
>>
>>1118299
Whats the difference?
>>
File: 3485638756.jpg (18 KB, 500x327) Image search: [Google]
3485638756.jpg
18 KB, 500x327
>>1118299
Why is it so complicated to get to Disneyland from Downtown LA with public transport? You'd think they would at least build a metro light rail station close to it.
>>
File: plankton.png (194 KB, 428x350) Image search: [Google]
plankton.png
194 KB, 428x350
>>1118332
>tfw you want to take your gf on a nice vacation, so you ask her where in the entire world she wants to go, and she says Disney World
>>
>>1118579
Public transportation in the US is a joke and the biggest joke is LAs system
>>
>>1118332
The club is Club 33 gg if you get in, you need a expensive membership /w 9+ month waiting list. Usually people go via connections.
>>
>>1118587
Pretty much. In any US city if there isn't easy public transportation to an area that would make sense it's because old white people are saying no.
>>
File: Minni_mouse_at_the_parade.jpg (132 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
Minni_mouse_at_the_parade.jpg
132 KB, 333x500
First things first- I am NOT going to pretend Disneyworld is the best destination for getting an authentic travel experience. I much prefer the relatively untouched plains of Seaworld or the Cultural Pilgramige that is Universal Studios

But you can have a real, authentic travel experience at Disneyworld and I am going to explain how to do it.

>Avoid the 'famous' sites and destinations
This is an obvious one. Most 'people' flock to Splash Mountain and the Pirates of the Caribbean. That is a sure sign that they have bought into the marketing hype. The best things at Disneyworld are the off the beaten track, distant zones, not destroyed by the rampaging feet of the tourist. The last time I visited I spent 8 days re-visiting the same alleyway behind The Circle of Life at Epcot. I ate with a discarded statue of Pumba from the Lion King, and dedicated myself to cultural awakening. This is key

>Learn the language before travelling
Please, don't be a fucking plebian who travels to Disneyworld and only knows basic stock phrases like 'can I have a frozen chocolate banana?' and 'Mickey please sign my autograph book'. You are contributing to the negative image tourists have at Disneyworld. I personally learnt to sing the entirety 'Its a small world' in Hippo dialect just to ensure I didn't stick out like a sore thumb. Please do this

>Only talk to the real locals
Many of the Disneyworld locals WILL try to trick you. They will dress in costumes and speak in English. I don't talk to them if they do this. I personally spent 4 hours of my last trip refusing to talk to a local dressed as Goofy until he took his costume off and spoke to me in his natural Southern Drawl. I do not want an inauthentic experience from the people.

>Don't pack heavy
On my last visit to Disneyworld I got by for 4 months with nothing but a small rugsack containing a Mickey Mouse Ears flask (locally sourced), a novelty pair of Buzz Lightyear wings (locally sourced) and a park map.

Don't be a pleb.
>>
File: 40676469.jpg (12 KB, 203x200) Image search: [Google]
40676469.jpg
12 KB, 203x200
>>1118717
>>
Disneyland is better because Florida fucking sucks
>>
Another reason why Disney World is better is that they have off peak times. Disneyland, being in a big metro area, is always backed.

Because of the vacation/resort nature of Orlando, all the parks have off peak times where prices are lower and less crowded. The time between Thanksgiving and Christmas is the best way to experience it.
>>
File: tarzan.png (813 KB, 1153x506) Image search: [Google]
tarzan.png
813 KB, 1153x506
>>1118299
Random childhood incoming
>>
>>1118717
>Its a small world' in Hippo dialect
ROFL. I used to ride *sniff RIP* Toad's Wild Ride just to get that damn song out of my head. Though yo ho yo ho will displace it nicely.
>>1118717
>nothing but a small rugsack containing a Mickey Mouse Ears flask (locally sourced)
HAHAHAH

Bought the "secret" "hidden" disney book one time on a $1 deal with amazon kindle stuff. You'd have been a better writer. I kind of laughed at the attempts to have sex on the monorail, oh please, it's not 1978 anymore, there are too many people everywhere!! I agree with you that little hidden alleys are kind of the respite and good parts. I second your notion that SeaWorld > other attractions.

Back on topic though:
For those not in the know, it is a bit of enhancement to know some of the little hidden things around you.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/best-kept-secrets_MK.htm
>>
Disneyland is more authentic since Walt actually lived there and had a direct hand in most of the rides. All of the copied rides are much worse at Disney World.

If you don't care about authenticity then World is probably better because of how huge and overwhelming it is. It really feels like you are leaving the real world to go to some island made of dreams.
>>
Disneyland is far superior to DW it's the original park and has the most history. Also the weather in S California is way better then humid Florida!
>>
>the Magic Kingdom is better at Disneyland but everything else is better at Disney World

We get it guys.
>>
>>1118579
Metro bus 460 from Staples Center to Disneyland. Get a schedule.
>>
The real question is not DL or DW (Disney World wins unless you are withing driving distance of Anaheim). Its whether or not you stay on or off property at Disney World, mostly to save money. Their dining plan is criminally expensive, and the hotels are very overpriced for what you get. If you are willing to rent a car for your stay, and stay and eat off property, you can save an enormous amount of money.
>>
>>1119104
yeah we did an airbnb in orlando and it was $35/nt + our host drove us to and from the park each day

That saved us about $400 right there
>>
>>1118717
RealTraveler™
>>
>>1118717

It's all a farce for tourists tbqh

>You may notice that the voices of Harry and Hermione don’t sound quite right on either of Diagon Alley’s rides. That’s because Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson opted out of reprising their roles.

>“A while ago, they asked me to do more stuff for the theme park,” explained Radcliffe in May 2014, “and that was my moment to try and draw a line because that theme park is going to keep expanding, and keep going to more countries, and there’s going to come a point where I’m going to be 30 years old, and if I was still doing that then, that would be a huge problem.”
>>
The only advantage Disneyland has over DW is that you can day trip to Tijuana for sex tourism.
>>
>>1118733
>Disneyland is better because Florida fucking sucks
They say similar things about your mother, and yet customers keep pouring in.
>>
>no mention of cars land
>>
>>1118613
Fucking hell. Dump her and take me (I'm not a girl but whatever).
>>
>>1118733
This is true
>>
>>1119834
Unless you're 5 or autistic I don't see why anyone would mention Carsland.
>>
>>1118978
Not correct. The rides at Disney World had small differences, but that's all they are. Differences. The reason I say "had" is because as the rides have been refurbished throughout the years, Disney has been making the attractions in Disney World carbon copies of the ones in Disneyland. http://passport2dreams.blogspot.com/2012/02/on-integrity.html
>>
For anons bored of the American Disney parks, Disney Sea in Tokyo is my favorite non-American Disney park. It's all aimed at adults and the rides are mostly references to classic adventure movies like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Journey to the Center of the Earth. Plus they have the Indiana Jones ride where Indy is speaking Japanese, lol.
>>
>>1119913
Because its amazing on every level you pleb
>>
Epcot>California Adventure>Animal Kingdom>Magic Kingdom>Disneyland>Hollywood Studios
>>
>>1120137
Intresting choices why would you rank them that way?
>>
File: DSC03318.jpg (830 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DSC03318.jpg
830 KB, 1920x1080
>>1120148
Not him, but I can confirm that the best Disney park to visit as a young adult with no kids is Epcot. In the World Showcase area (back half of the park), they have beer and wine kiosks for each country. They also have several full-size bars, such as the tequila bar inside Mexico, the sake bar inside Japan, and the pub inside the UK. You can literally drink your way around the world!
>>
File: 1424578277456 (1).jpg (77 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
1424578277456 (1).jpg
77 KB, 500x365
>>1118326
holy fuck as a florida native this blew my mind i always thought disnayLAND was the genetically superior clone.
>>
>>1120222
I know that and i guess its cool but if im paying all that $ to get in im not going spending my time drinking
>>
Disney World vs Disneyland isn't a fair comparison considering that Disneyland has far less space to work with. If any theme park had the same space as Disney World, then obviously those parks would become just as good, if not, better than Disney World

Which is why Dubai needs to start fucking building their theme park utopia so I can have an excuse to go to a Muslim infested area
>>
>>1120432
>I know that and i guess its cool but if im paying all that $ to get in im not going spending my time drinking
You wouldn't be spending 100% of your time drinking; you would simply be drinking while you are shopping and riding rides in the back half of Epcot. Notice I said "shopping" before "rides." Epcot has a couple good rides, but most of those are in the front half in Future World, and there are only like two actual non-show/presentation rides in World Showcase. They make up for this with the booze ride.
>>
Speaking of drinkies at Epcot, there is a notable item for sale in Japan: a Kirin Ichiban Frozen Beer. It's basically a beer-infused slushie and it's the only place in the Western Hemisphere where you can get. It tastes absolutely terrible, but...they have it.
>>
File: disneyfu.jpg (63 KB, 468x629) Image search: [Google]
disneyfu.jpg
63 KB, 468x629
I prefer WDW personally.

Also I'm going to Disney World in three weeks and I don't think I've been this excited for anything in a long time. I'm only going to be spending two days at the parks, one at MK and the other at HS. The only bad thing I can say about it is don't go to Fort Wilderness if you want a nice, relaxing stay in your RV; you're literally less than 10 ft. from your neighbor. The hotels are much nicer anyways. Also I'm hoping I get really fucking lucky when I go to Magic Kingdom that my favorite characters will come out cause they're considered rare.
>>
>>1120858
FYI, Hollywood Studios has major construction going on atm building the new Star Wars Land (which won't open for another few years) and several attractions were closed to make room for it, such as the car stunt show and the backlot tour. Basically, the whole back third of the park is gutted right now. Star Tours and Muppet Vision are still running, however.

Persoanlly, I think you would get more bang for your buck choosing one of the other two Disney parks instead of Hollywood Studios.
>>
I went to disney world when I was like 10-12 and a lot of memories from that trip are among my fondest. I've lived in LA for like 5 years now and have been kinda wanting to go by myself to try and relive some of that. A lot of what I look back on was the epcot stuff and just the overall kind of enrapturing, transportive atmosphere of everything which I don't know I'd be as swept away with as an adult. Regardless, even though I have no particular fondness for disney specifically I like roller coasters and general themepark stuff so I think I'd enjoy myself, but what's the story on california adventure though? The people calling it carsland and saying it's for autismos and children had me laughing because that seems pretty accurate from a cursory examination. But, if the rides are good I'm willing to overlook all the 3d cgi cartoon movie shit for some fun. It seems to have none of the stuff from the other parks and is just it's own thing entirely. Would I feel like a sperg just waddling past the thrall of mexican children spreading diphtheria on the bee movie rides or whatever or is it okay?
>>
>>1120884
Yeah, I was reconsidering going to Epcot instead.
>>
>>1120920
Cars land has one of the best rides in all of disney parks is crazy detailed and has unique food whats not to love
>>
>>1120478
>Which is why Dubai needs to start fucking building their theme park utopia so I can have an excuse to go to a Muslim infested area
Dubai's already amazing without the theme park built. Spread your wings, embrace the Muslim, and fly anon.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.