[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cheapest way to travel across Europe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: europe-map-countries.png (2 MB, 2400x2284) Image search: [Google]
europe-map-countries.png
2 MB, 2400x2284
What is the cheapest way to travel across Europe?

My gf and me planned to travel this Septmeber and visit as many country as we can basically starting with Czech Republic or Hungary, going up and making a full circle.

However I recently found out that interrail is a scam and that the train options there are really limited.

Whats a good alternative? Just booking th
>>
>>1085657

Just booking the trips separately?*
>>
well it depends on how often you want to change your location.

Make up your mind about how many trains you will probably take, add the individual prices and compare that to the interrail ticket for your timespan. also consider flying, might be cheaper
>>
buses
>>
>>1085657
Hitch hike.
>>
>>1085657
definitely busses
>>
WizzAir, cheapest by far
>>
>>1085657
usually buses, but use rome2rio before to get reference price for the location
>>
Interrail! Think that's how you spell it. Basically it's a flat fee for a ticket book and before each journey you fill in the details on one of the pages and travel as much as you like. Some trains like the German and French bullet trains had an extra charge on top of using the interrail book but they're still fairly cheap compared to buying a full price ticket.
It's was over 10 years ago when I did interrail and I think it was around 120 euros so probably different now. A trick is to travel on the night trains and sleep so you save money renting a hotel or hostel room got that night.
>>
Eurolines bus service between major euro cities. Known as the magic bus.
>>
>>1086126

And how did you showered?
>>
>>1085657
Why is interrail a scam?
>>
hitchhike.
its easy and commonly accepted in the eastern countries, dont stand on the autobahn in germany (that ll cost you 20 euros), its easy as fuck to get to/away from amsterdam, hitchhiking in Italy is kind of illegal but possible.
having a girl with you makes it a lot easier.

couchsurf
its free and you meet fun/crazy/spiritual people.

>the train options there are really limited.
wtf are you talking about? there are trains going daily between every major city.
>>
>>1085657
RYANAIR!
definately Ryanair (always book from the official ryanair-website)
>>
>>1086557
In the hostels we stayed in, the overnight trains were every couple of days, not every night
>>
BUMP

and..
>>1086637
>in Italy is kind of illegal but possible
it's not completely true.
It's illegal to do on the highways
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.