[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tell us some interesting stories from your travels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 2015-06-21 20.44.09.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-21 20.44.09.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
tell us some interesting stories from your travels
>>
If you're gonna start a thread why not pick a nice photo and put some effort into a semi-inspiring first post?
>>
>>1085516
if you want a good thread why not contribute yourself

pic is from munich, guys come into the park and surf on this funny wave made by bollards in the water
the water is very shallow, only a foot deep or so, and men brave the water even in winter
Ithink you need a permit now because germany
but it's kind of interesting
>>
>>1085518
wow that's shit
so funny
wow lol
interesting
>>
>2009
>Step-mom's dad wants to take the family to the Grand Canyon
>we live in Southern California so it's like a 4 or 5 hour drive tops
>have to ride with faggot step family
>we get to the south rim of the canyon
>Arid, hot, exactly what you would expect
>we stay at this fucking BEAUTIFUL resort hotel with a delicious all you can eat buffet and a huge swimming pool
>the day we explore the canyon, there are police cars everywhere
>apparently someone drove their car into the grand canyon as a suicide attempt
>We pack up and go to the north rim of the canyon
>Snow. Trees. It's like Alaska
>we stay in this shitty backwoods cabin out in the middle of nowhere
>>
>>1085644
kek you are the worst

the south rim is for cuck travellers who only want muh amenities at the overpriced resorts. the north rim is 10x more beautiful and i know exactly where you stayed based on that description, it's beautiful.
>>
Test.
>>
>hitchking trough balticum
>truck driver picks me up
>has like 2 tons of metal in the back of his gigantic truck
>estonian roads are narrow & twisted as fuck
>it was the middle of the night
>there was a fuckton of mist hovering around
>this lunatic knows the streets by heart
>drives with one hand
>uses other hand to holdsmart phone
>constantly checks facebook while driving his truck
>gets a ticket from cops for driving over red lights
>has bunkbeds in his cabin, we sleep in there
>suddenly drops me of in the middle of nowhere
wtf
>going back from finnland, again through balticum
>another truckdriver took me in
>at the border to poland
>suddenly yells something, tells me to get down
>i get down in front of my seat
>polish border patrol is looking for ... idk something?
>this was when the ukranian crisis just started
>later I saw some heavy artillery being moved to the north by german soldiers
wtf

>inbetween these two events
>in some fucking forest in the balticum
>appereantly ive gotten very close to belarus
>this beat up commie van drives up
>guy opens the door
>looks like he has served in all world wars
>no teeth, beaverskin cap
>yells at me to get in (in russian?)
>i want to sit down
>theres a pistol on my seat
>he just waves it off and puts the gun + ammo in the glove box
>i get in
>notice the 100% stereotypical russin grandma in the back
>complete with no teeth, wrinkles like the andes and the headscarf
>shes knitting a fucking scarf
>they are nice af
>the ex soldier calls his son to translate
>they tell me that theyll get into belarus now, drop me off near the border
>again, i am in the middle of some fucking forest
very nice people
>>
File: гора мертвецов.jpg (3 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
гора мертвецов.jpg
3 MB, 2592x1944
>>1085510
I went up to "Mountain of the dead" (with a group of tourists), boooooooo cyкa. Gloomy place, I have not seen aliens, but i felt something unusual.
>>
>>1085518
>"surfing"
>>
>>1085655
Thanks for the advice. Real™ useful.
>>
>>1086651

> by german soldiers

so you've been there in 1940?
>>
>Have a friend since elementary school
>She's a really gorgeous blonde, won prom queen, campus heartthrob
>Great chick for the most part, but she's cheated on every boyfriend she's ever had, you can't trust her if you want to be with her
>In college she breaks up with her boyfriend over winter break and we start hooking up just because we're horny teenagers
>She's going to go study abroad in Madrid, asks me to come visit
>My dad's a pilot, I can go free, why the fuck not, I set it up for spring break
>Fall for another girl in this time, but I'm not seeing her and still have this trip
>Get to Madrid, and of course night one we fuck in my hotel room
>The tone has kind of been set, we're fooling around now
>3rd night, we've been drinking all day, go to some club with her American college friends
>I'm hammered on gin & tonics and she steps away to go to the bathroom while I get more drinks
>Can't find her
>Drink my drink and her drink
>Get worried about her at first, then start to rethink it and get angry
>Like an hour has gone by and I've spent every dollar in my wallet downing more drinks
>She finally comes down the stairs into the club again walking with some dude
>I confront her
>"Oh I just went outside to see his car"
>"I'm so sorry you were here alone I'll be right back"
>She wanders off again, if I haven't been more or less cucked it at least looks like I have to her friends
>I decide I'm going to bail and get on the metro and go back to my hotel, fuck her

cont.
>>
>>1087388

>Walk outside, get to the metro entrance
>Forgot she told me it closed at 1, we'd have to taxi back
>No money in wallet
>No ATM in sight
>No taxi in sight
>Decide to swallow my pride and go back to the club, but first I really need to pee
>See a nice restaurant, it's the only thing open
>Go to bathroom, start to pee in urinal
>Black man walks up next to me, starts to look over the divider at my dick, not hiding it at all
>I roll my eyes, turn to leave
>The biggest blackest dick I've ever seen is standing between me and the bathroom door and he asks me to suck it (in Spanish)
>I'm too drunk to really articulate my Spanish so I scream "YO SOY AMERICANO" and shove him with all my might, then run out of the bathroom in a sprint, cause a scene in the restaurant - I bolt out the front door
>Assume he's chasing me at this point, so I start to dart the fuck around corners, find myself suddenly standing in a dark alleyway in a major city I've never been in, drunk off my ass
>Realize I'm a moron, work my way to the closest main street where there's traffic and people so I won't get killed
>No money, no ATM, no taxi
>Find a street map (this was before getting cellphone data while traveling was really an affordable thing)
>See that I'm only like, 7-8 miles from my hotel
>Fuck this shit, fuck that girl, fuck that guy, I'm so drunk, I'm gonna walk this off and walk the fuck home - all I gotta do is turn left then right then right left right right... sure, I'll remember that

cont.
>>
>>1087389

>spoilers: I didn't fuckin' remember that
>Hours have passed and now I'm terrified, I'm wearing my most expensive, touristy looking Abercrombie & Fitch in a pair of $200 jeans wandering through fucking parks and shit - the only people I DO see are terrifying, every store is completely shuttered and covered in spraypaint, I have no clue where I am
>I've walked miles, and realize I've gone in the opposite direction of my hotel for a very long time after coming up on a metro stop
>Finally see some city workers, I can trust these guys, they're in uniform
>Muster up my best Spanish to ask them where my hotel is
>"Donde esta el San Miguel," I slur
>"Que?" reply the two men, they have no clue what I'm talking about
>Try to explain I'm lost, mostly just repetitively babbling "San Miguel," I must reek of booze
>They continue to try to help me but it's not getting anywhere so they point me in a direction and tell me to take a left
>I do this, realize they pointed me to a closed bar
>Realize my hotel isn't San Miguel, San Miguel is a beer
>Go back to find them
>They're gone, replaced by three unpleasant looking guys smoking alone
>I scamper away, totally freaked
>Somehow, wander into a plaza I had been in earlier in the day, I know this is only about 2 miles directly south of the hotel
>Still no ATM or taxi, anywhere
>Consider hiding somewhere in this plaza until daylight, it was 4 AM or so, and the Metro opened at 6
>But so close...
>Decide I'm going to go for it, start heading north
>There's a fucking dark park for me to walk through, but I know if I try to cut around I'll get lost again
>Walk through, see some people hanging out, this can't be good
>They start shouting at me, I break into a full run
>Make it out of the park, I want to cry, I don't recognize anything nearby like I thought I would
>Suddenly, an ATM... as I start to withdraw money, holy shit, a taxi!

Cont (last one)
>>
>>1087392

>Dig into my pocket for my wallet and bank card, immediately find a pen from the hotel that I picked up - it says "Miguel Occidental"
>Signal the taxi, he pulls over, I'm pretty hysterical, manage to say "hotel" and show him my pen
>He chuckles
>Turns one fucking corner, we're at the front
>I was getting money out of the ATM from what was basically the back of the building
>He charges me the minimum fare, it's like $5.00
>I double it or more because I can't be bothered to ask for change
>Burst into my hotel room, lay on the floor, weep for a second, sleep

I woke up to the girl pounding on my door, crying, assuming I was dead. I told her how pissed I was and she said nothing happened and then offered to suck my dick. I said no, told her to go to her class, and spent the rest of the morning drinking wine from food service.

We had made plans to go to Ireland to see my parents at the end of our trip and I had to deal with sharing a bed with her and pretending I didn't want to punch her in the face right in front of my parents.

Great trip. We're friends again, but it took a while to get over that. Never was so sure I was going to die in my life.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.