[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where should my wife and I go on our next 10ish day vacation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 1441240819590.jpg (18 KB, 359x473) Image search: [Google]
1441240819590.jpg
18 KB, 359x473
Where should my wife and I go on our next 10ish day vacation?

>Tokyo/Seoul
>Singapore/Hong Kong
>Mumbai/Delhi

I am a bit nervous about the India trip because of all of the reports of white women getting groped/raped. Tokyo isnt very appealing to me either since I am not a weaboo, however my wife really likes Korea. And Hong Kong just seems like a lite version of China.

>what would /trv/ suggest?
>>
>>1085111
I suggest you are immature. You sum up destinations with really inane reasoning. Why not just do what your wife threw out as something she wanted, Korea, since I have this feeling you don't actually enjoy travel, or people, or culture in the same way that other people are pretty content with all of those locations (other than India because I'm sure you can't protect your spouse and/or poor budget).
>>
>>1085116
Holy fuck has there ever been more projection in a single post
>>
>>1085120
tbf, op's post is quite childish. he's nervous about the entire country of india because they might rape his wife? tokyo won't turn out to be an interesting city because he's not obsessed with japanese culture? is there something wrong with hong kong being a smaller china, even though they're quite dissimilar?
>>
>>1085124
This.
>>
>>1085131
>>1085124
>>1085116
>concerned for his wifes safety
>immature

what
>>
I am not a weaboo, but I would still enjoy visiting Japan. You don't have to be overly obsessed with a place to become fond of it. Anyway, I think that's the safest of the three options and it will offer the most amount of things to do.
>>
>>1085153
I was thinking the same in terms of stuff to do. The Hong Kong and Singapore trip would not offer much in the way of historical shit since both of those places are basically modern city states
>>
>>1085111
Well, everyone I've spoken to was in agreement that India is just one giant shithole that should best be avoided, mainly because the people there are horrible.
This includes buisiness travelers, techs on installation jobs, regular tourists and backpackers.

The most positive reaction I heard was "Going to India is an experience, not a vacation."
>>
>>1085280
I spent three weeks in north India a few years back - it was awesome. But the "experience, not a vacation" bit is absolutely true. People looking for a place to vacation are probably going to be put off by the energy, noise, garbage and fuckloads of people. But the people are really nice (or at least they were to me) and there is some absolutely insane stuff to see.

I wouldn't recommend OP go there with his wife though.
>>
>>1085116
Holy cow, ive never seen such a butthurt weeaboo soldier... The rage that this one is exhibiting tells me he has no friends in his own country. The one girl who kissed him in Japan is the only girl who ever kissed him... What a weeb
>>
>>1085303
OP here, to be fair I personally like vacations that are "an expierence". Contrary to the conclusions the more culture shock the better, and it just seems like it's easier to get that in third world shitholes which is the main reason I am not to keen on Seoul/Tokyo/Singapore/ Hong Kong because I just don't think I could get a lot of culture shock. And india seems like it would offer that but I am hesitant because of my wife
>>
>>1085322
>not to keen on Seoul/Tokyo/Singapore/ Hong Kong because I just don't think I could get a lot of culture shock
Are you already asian? Is that it?
>>
>>1085330
Not OP or Asian but going somewhere like Seoul where the standard of living is fairly high yet they still do "strange" things like eating dogs is nowhere near the culture shock of Visiting backwoods cambodia where people still live in grass huts.
>>
>>1085111
See Seoul, then take the train to Busan, go to Jeju-do, then take the jet boat to Fukuoka, shinkansen to Shin Osaka, then Tokyo, I guess.
>>
>>1085153
This.
Japan is a great country even if you don't like anime or that kind of stuff at all. It's beautiful and has an interesting culture
>>
>>1085111
Always respond to tpb. Shitwinds.

Depends a bit on your budget and interests. I'd still go with Korea/Jap, I stayed in both for over a year and I've visited SG/HK for work.

Tokyo, expensive, hordes of cartoon lovers here will defend it with claws. Despite the geeks dreaming of drawn pussy, it's a nice place. A bit pricey but still interesting.

Seoul. Great for drinking and eating. You need some local to guide you, it's not tourist friendly and sightseeing properly sucks. Nobody will hold your hand and show you shit in this place, unlike Japan where people on the streets would do. You can live very well even with a budget. I'd suggest going to the cheaper restaurants and trying street food, it's great and despite the Japan lovers - you won't end up eating dog.

SG, HK, just like Seoul also has varied price ranges of food and hotels. Seemed as if the cheaper places usually were quite bad or a bit boring. The more expensive places I went for with business were great, the cheaper felt as if they lacked identity (for lack of a better word). HK being more expensive, especially for housing. I'm not sure why anyone would pick these two as a combination unless traveling with a paid business trip and enjoys hotels.

Mumbai Delhi. No clue. Wouldn't set foot.
>>
>>1085111
>Tokyo isnt very appealing to me either since I am not a weaboo

Hurrr Japan is just anime an video games and literally nothing else. Fuck off, dense cunt.
>>
>>1085448
I mostly picked SG and HK for the reason of cheap in between flights. I think I would get bored if I spend 10 days in just one of those cities so I want to visit 2, and I have already visited all the major cities around Singapore as well as most of the ones in China so I thought those two would be a pretty good choice. A direct flight between is under $200 and only around 2 hours.
>>
>>1085463
Well, flights between HK and Seoul aren't that expensive or long. Might be something to consider.

I'll also admit to being biased to these two cities, goingto HK next for work and I loved living in Seoul.

Good luck mate
>>
>>1085111
let me guess you are an american
>>
Why not go to Singapore and get a hotel in Little India if you'd like to experience the culture a bit?

Personally I'd pick a SG/Seoul option but have fun with whatever you decide, Op
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.