[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
China general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: 100_0698.jpg (1 MB, 1728x2304) Image search: [Google]
100_0698.jpg
1 MB, 1728x2304
Big Buddha edition

General info:
https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/China (preferred, the 'new' one)
http://wikitravel.org/en/China

Hotels:
http://hotel.elong.net/
http://english.ctrip.com/hotels/

Buses:
http://bus.ctrip.com/
http://www.chinabusguide.com/

Trains:
http://www.cnvol.com/
http://www.travelchinacheaper.com/how-to-buy-china-train-tickets-online

Expat restaurants/supermarkets/bars:
http://listings.echinacities.com/

Apps:
Pleco (dictionary)
baidu maps/google maps

VPNs:
Astril/VPNNinja

4chan: get a pass or use a vpn or both (might be blocked now)
(VPNs might get you b& on 4chan if used outside of /trv/)
>>
Old thread at: >>1075030
The Big Buddha (this one anyway) is in Leshan, a smallish city a few hours south of Chengdu.
>>
still relevant

>>1080726
>>
>>1084273

Why would you need to pay for sex you loser. if you're white and even remotely handsome or average it's a cakewalk
>>
>>1084267
That's a big Buddha you got there...
>>
>>1084301
Would be a shame if something happened to it
>>
>>1084267

you always choose really shitty, unrecognizable photos for the china generals that can't easily be found in the catalog, op
>>
>>1084399
>you always choose really shitty, unrecognizable photos for the china generals that can't easily be found in the catalog, op
Fair enough, I'll think about something more obviously Chinese next time.

I'm not one OP though, I didn't make the last China General or the one before that. There's at least two, maybe more OPs for these.
>>
Any info on Wuhan? I'll be there for a year starting next week. I don't know any Chinese yet
>>
>>1084527
I responded to you here: >>1084037

You didn't say what you wanted to know about.

If you're just looking for how to connect to other expats or whatever, go to Wuhan Prison which is a little hard to find but the wiki has directions.
https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Wuhan#Drink

Wuhan Prison is about 30m down the street and then north into an alley, it's a basement dive bar for the scumbag type expats. I.e. teachers and students

Wuhan has a lot of foreigners so there isn't just one little scene, they fragment and it's harder to connect with them.
>>
But... isn't breathing the air over there like literally getting free instant cancer?
>>
>>1084527

What do you plan to do there? I hope you're not teaching Engrish for pennies
>>
>>1084579
We get it already. Your school didn't renew your contract, and you're sour about it. Let it fucking go already.
>>
>>1084280
Not the anon, but I'm going there in a month (hopefully). Will be in Shanghai and Beijing, 5 days each.

any general tips for getting a qt? I have an okcupid account that I don't really use. Do I just set my location to one of those cities?

A short summary of a few personal experiences would be very helpful :3
>>
>>1084583

I think you have me mistaken for somebody else, but if he's teaching in Wuhan, he's not going to be making much money.
>>
>>1084593
I am teaching English in Wuhan, and you're right, it's not as much as I'd be making elsewhere, but I chose the city for other reasons outside of money, and it's just for a year. I hear people teaching for a 4,000 rmb salary and I think that is pennies, so the fact that I am waayyy above that is fine.
>>
>>1084550
>inb4 Wuhan Prison gets shut down like the rave scene in Shenzhen.
Nah, the Shenzhen rave party was held underneath a bridge and had 500 people and at least 118 of them were high.

Wuhan prison is a dive bar that holds 20 people if they suck their guts in and they just get drunk.

Bars and drunkeness are A-ok with Chinese police.

>>1084692
>I hear people teaching for a 4,000 rmb salary and I think that is pennies, so the fact that I am waayyy above that is fine
Anything in the 10k + range is fine and actually pretty good by local standards.

Officially the average wage is 3k but some people think the government underquotes it to make people feel better about being above average and that the average is actually closer to 10k. Hard to really be sure.

I know professionals in mid-level corporate roles that earn about 15k.
>>
>>1084812

>15k

Kek. I make 18k a month in a tier 1 teaching kiddies. And some expats have the gall to think they're better than me because they don't teach English. lel
>>
>>1084842
>I know professionals in mid-level corporate roles that earn about 15k.
>kek

I was talking about Chinese professionals, not expat engineers etc. Calm yourself.
>>
>>1084842
but isnt the cost of living in tier 1 really high?
>>
>>1084842
>think they're better than me because they don't teach English. lel
On average tho. English teachers are worse than everyone else.
>>
>>1084892
>On average tho. English teachers are worse than everyone else.
That's true but to be fair, there are good reasons.

English teachers are there for pretty superficial reasons and any English speaking foreigner will do.

The others are there because they have some skill that can't be sourced locally or because the company needs their own staff on site in China.
>>
>>1084860

I know a Euro guy that runs his own business and only makes 15k. I also knew an architect who didn't make much.

I can't imagine most expats are high rolling ballers unless they're in finance, working for a Western company. English teachers can earn more or about the same as most non-teaching expats here, lmao
>>
>>1084978
>I can't imagine most expats are high rolling ballers unless they're in finance
Then you haven't met many expats who aren't teachers.

I don't know about the Euro business man but I guess your architect is working for a Chinese firm or something?

The people who make money are the ones that came from the west in a placement for their western company. They're basically inserted as the expert who supervises shit.

I've done this role in Europe and I've met people doing it here and it pays stupidly well. You're also not generally paid in China but back home or something.
>>
>>1084978
>15k architect
My ex is chinese and work as architect. She makes a good three times that money and she's barely out of her masters.

I doubt anyone would pay for less than her level to fly to work in China when there's plenty of the lower level workers there.
>>
>>1084280

I don't get why people hate on paying for sex. It's more ethical to treat it as a commodity than it is to take advantage of other people in order to get laid for free.
>>
>>1085073
>I doubt anyone would pay for less than her level to fly to work in China when there's plenty of the lower level workers there.

If some international firm won a contract in China (which wouldn't happen but we're pretending here), they'd fly their own people there to do the contract.

That's basically how this stuff happens.

Of course what will really happen is that the big firm has an office in China and when they get to build something big in the west, they do the high-level concepts and then get the Chinese office to draw in all the windows and ducting and everything boring and time-consuming.
>>
thinking about going to china, unsure if I could work or backpack or how the "residency permit" works.

I don't really know any chinese, I heard this is not going to be an issue and I've backpacked through europe, but I'm very anxious about not even being able to read basic signs or being able to pick up words phonetically
>>
>>1085162
>'m very anxious about not even being able to read basic signs or being able to pick up words phonetically
Don't go.

Anxiety is going to make it too much trouble and you'll just have a nervous breakdown and end up like these guys: >>1084187 >>1083881

Is that what you want? To be bitter and shit-posting on 4chan about how shit the place is?

China isn't really hard to travel in but it takes some basic survival skills that it sounds like you might lack. Chiefly, a strong mental attitude.
>>
>>1085178
>Chiefly, a strong mental attitude.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Dxx9FILOcL
>>
File: 1447727704996.jpg (32 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1447727704996.jpg
32 KB, 400x300
>>1085178
>>
>>1085093

>take advantage

not sure what you mean here, but if youre insinuating that foreigners take advantage of chinese girls, this isn't thailand or the philippines. girls usually are able to support themselves and live decent lives. they willingly have sex with foreigners because they're curious or want to try out or be with a white guy
>>
>>1085230
>. they willingly have sex with foreigners because they're curious or want to try out or be with a white guy

nah. they want a husband.
>>
>>1085230
>insinuating that foreigners take advantage of chinese girls

>>1085399
>nah. they want a husband.

I was going to say the same thing.

It's not necessarily taking advantage but some guys do tell girls that they love them and want to marry them and then dump them as soon as their contract is up.

Lots of guys actually fall in love with them and marry them and stay here though. That's how the long term english teachers happen.
>>
File: DSC05381.jpg (727 KB, 2296x1528) Image search: [Google]
DSC05381.jpg
727 KB, 2296x1528
I have been very interested in Chinese culture for a few years however I have never taken up the initiative to learn their language. I visited Hong Kong last month and as much as I loved it I wished I had at least a bit of Cantonese. I am looking for good sources such as books or CDs to pick up grammar and vocabulary but everything I've found is expensive as fuck. Practice won't be a problem, my gf is Cantonese. Any tips?

pic sorta related, Sham Shui Po
>>
I'm thinking about moving to China to teach English. What's it like teaching and living there? Will I get stuck somewhere highly polluted? Will they care that I have a misdemeanor DUI?
>>
>>1085875

all of china is polluted. it's a third world shithole with a veneer of second world. basically big fancy skyscrapers on a pile of shit. the people are detestable at worst, irksome at best.

working for chinese people in their schools is usually a nightmare or headache

>Will they care that I have a misdemeanor DUI?

probably
>>
>>1085885
>all of China is polluted
I'm not trying to argue with you and you probably know better than me, but that just doesn't seem possible. There's no like medium sized cities that aren't completely fucked up that I'd be able to get a job in?
>>
>>1085178
>To be bitter and shit-posting on 4chan about how shit the place is?

People post about how shit China is because it is, Chang.
>>
>>1085898
The skies where I teach are bluer than where I lived in the United States. Family have even commented, shocked, on how blue the skies are.

It all depends on where you teach. Every day my phone tells me the air here is better than 70% to 90% of the country.
>>
File: shenzhenAir.jpg (136 KB, 1074x474) Image search: [Google]
shenzhenAir.jpg
136 KB, 1074x474
>>1085898
>that just doesn't seem possible
It's not as bad as anon says, the anon that said that is some bitter expat who hates their decisions and shitposts on 4chan about it. There is a grain of truth though.
Everywhere is more polluted than you're used to but it's not necessarily extreme.

>>1085875
>Will I get stuck somewhere highly polluted?
Fucked if I know. Maybe don't go somewhere highly polluted?
Use http://aqicn.org/ to check the cities you're interested in and compare to your home city.

>>1085885
>working for chinese people in their schools is usually a nightmare or headache
There are good and bad schools. Tier 1 cities usually have an oversupply of teachers and many of the schools rip them off because they can and because replacement teachers are everywhere.

Tier 2 city schools /usually/ take better care of the teachers because they want to encourage them to stay.

I know a lot of teachers that got fucked over in Beijing and then went to a tier 2 and got a good deal and had no problems after that.

A friend of mine literally went through three schools in three months in BJ without getting a paycheque once. Then he GTFO and the tier 2 city he's in doubled his pay and never tried to rip him off once and has given him big raises every time his contract is up for renewal.

It's basically just supply and demand, combined with legit schools vs language mills.
>>
>>1085923
>The skies where I teach are bluer than where I lived in the United States
I'm somewhere with very blue skies too but the 2.5ppm is actually pretty bad, weird.

Where are you?
>>
>>1085898

probably about 95% of the cities, and especially the cities that pay decently.

i mean, you could teach in a place like kunming which has little to no pollution, but it's a backwater city and you won't make much money
>>
>>1085924

>A friend of mine literally went through three schools in three months in BJ without getting a paycheque once. Then he GTFO and the tier 2 city he's in doubled his pay and never tried to rip him off once and has given him big raises every time his contract is up for renewal.

What city did he go to? I know some people in Chongqing that say it's the same as tier 1s; schools constantly fucking them over or skipping pay. So I guess it mostly depends on the city and employer.
>>
File: ChongqingAir1.jpg (116 KB, 998x452) Image search: [Google]
ChongqingAir1.jpg
116 KB, 998x452
>>1085932
>What city did he go to? I know some people in Chongqing that say it's the same as tier 1s; schools constantly fucking them over or skipping pay. So I guess it mostly depends on the city and employer.
He went to Huhehaote, said that the schools there gave him good deals.

People say that Chongqing is a tier 1.5 anyway but it doesn't have hundreds of thousands of foreigners so I'm surprised that they can rip them off so much.

Chongqing is a shithole but we all knew that. I like the geography though, the hills and bridges are awesome. Shame about the air.
>>
>>1085931

>Huhehaote

That's backwoods as fuck. No wonder they beg him to stay lol.

I'm currently in a tier 1 and have been gotting dicked around the past year. I rarely am able to hold a job here. I'm thinking of doing what your buddy did, but I don't want to go to a place like that. I was thinking Chengdu, but Chengdu already has heaps of foreigners.

Know any other cities I should consider?
>>
File: KunmingAir2.jpg (118 KB, 1013x480) Image search: [Google]
KunmingAir2.jpg
118 KB, 1013x480
>>1085926
>you could teach in a place like kunming which has little to no pollution, but it's a backwater city and you won't make much money
This is basically true.

Kunming doesn't pay much because it's where all the foreign teachers want to live. They accept lower pay for the glorious climate and happening scene.

It's not actually as low pollution as I thought, it's just good for China.
Most 1st world cities are in the 20-100 2.5ppm range
USA cities are often about 50-100
Australia is about 20-40
Europe is about 30-80

China is about 60-160

So Kunming is at the high end of the west which is the low end of China.

There are exceptions though, Beijing is usually really bad but today it's just in the 60s.
>>
>>1085937
>Know any other cities I should consider?
Depends on what kind of lifestyle you want.

Maybe something tier2/3 but with money like Wenzhou?

I personally really, really like Ningbo. If I were to pick a favourite that wasn't Kunming, it might be Ningbo.
>>
>>1085941

I've heard bad things about Wenzhou. Supposedly the people are not welcoming to foreigners, and girls are harder than normal.

Maybe Xiamen, Fuzhou, Zhuhai, Nanchang.
>>
>>1085948
>I've heard bad things about Wenzhou. Supposedly the people are not welcoming to foreigners, and girls are harder than normal.

That's probably basically true though I had no trouble making friends with local girls. I wasn't really trying to sleep with them though. Half the expats are married to locals so it's clearly not impossible.

Xiamen is a mix of nice and shithole, it's the only one in that list that I'd really think about living but I haven't been to Zhuhai so I can't speak for that.

Nanchang is a shithole, I wouldn't want to live there. Fuzhou is kind of the same but at least has a good bar street.
>>
>>1085948
>Xiamen, Fuzhou, Zhuhai, Nanchang

Xiamen: 154
Fuzhou: 172
Zhuhai: 127
Nanchang: 193

At least you can get tacos and Pina Coladas in Xiamen.
>>
>>1085968
>>1085974

Thanks for the info. How about Shenzhen or Guangzhou? Do they have a rep for treating foreign teachers like disposable crap? Is the hiring and firing process like a revolving door down there too?
>>
I teach at a public school, and I failed a couple of students. They're approaching me now with what I imagine to be bribes. WhaHow do I react to this?
>>
>>1086095
What are they offering?
>>
Have a half day layover at Pudong airport. Is there anything reasonable to see in walking distance or should we just live in our hotel room?
>>
>>1086070
>Chongqing's air isn't that bad
172 is pretty bad. Not as bad as Chengdu but still bad.

I agree that the city looks really cool, maybe the best looking city in China. It's filthy and polluted though. I'd hate to actually live there.

>>1086090
>How about Shenzhen or Guangzhou
I don't know much about English teaching there. There's a GZ bro from last thread, try reading that.
>>
Hi there, I wasn't sure if this is the right place or if I should have started a new thread but whatever.

In July I'll be visiting North Korea through a tour company. I'll be flying into Beijing and then taking the train to Pyongyang via Dandong. There's just one problem with that. It is strictly forbidden for Americans to take the train into North Korea. I am a dual citizen and possess a European passport as well as an American passport. I booked the tour and train on my European passport and never mentioned anything about my American passport.

Was this unwise to do? Will there be any possibility that they find out I have American citizenship? I do have an American accent when I speak English so I am worried about that. What sort of ramifications could I face if they do find out that I am American? Thanks in advance
>>
>>1086221
I hope you'll end up like that edgelord who tried to steal a banner.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThIYPVwWL20

kek
>>
>>1086221
>Was this unwise to do?
Yes

>Will there be any possibility that they find out I have American citizenship?
Yes, their spies might have researched you well enough to find that out.

If you're determined to do it, I wouldn't bring the USA passport, leave it somewhere safe in China. There is a good chance that they'll thoroughly search your luggage.
>>
>>1086257
"Heroes like Winston don't come around every day!"

Topkek
>>
>>1086135

Nothing in walking distance and it will be an hour on the train to get anywhere worthwhile.
>>
>>1086367
>Nothing in walking distance and it will be an hour on the train to get anywhere worthwhile.
15minutes on the maglev to downtown.
>>
>>1086469

I recently took the maglev after returning to SH from a trip. Lol, what a fuckin joke and scam this is. 50 RMB for a few subway stations away on a dirty, shaky train. I thought the thing was going to Dongchang subway station at the least.

definitely would not recommend.
>>
Are there any half decent bars or parties for foreigners left in Beijing? Any decent raves going on? Places with character, not that table service bullshit. Any help appreciated.
>>
>>1086469
>Even if everything were to flow with perfect synchronisation, you would still have to do the following

Fair enough anon

>>1086469
>40 minutes

That's still pretty quick, much better than most cities. Good enough for a daytrip during a stop-over.
>>
any one have thoughts on Zhuhai?
>>
>>1086473
i'm so waiting for the changsha maglev to start operations.
>>
>>1086532

It's one of the places I'm considering moving to. Never been to China though, but from my research it seems a bit sterile.
>>
>>1086600

don't come. so many better Asian countries
>>
>>1086589

Do you live in Changsha? how's the job market there
>>
>>1086589
>the changsha maglev
The what?
First I've heard of it.

They're building a N/S subway and have torn up Wuyi Square, that's the only development I know about there.
>>
is Changsha worth it to live or visit.

seems like an underdeveloped farmer shithole
>>
>>1086659
>>1086589
>changsha maglev

Apparently an airport link, cool I guess.
>>
File: 1456882889274.jpg (2 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
1456882889274.jpg
2 MB, 1836x3264
>>1086670
>is Changsha worth it to live or visit.
>seems like an underdeveloped farmer shithole
It doesn't have clean air and it's kind of a dirty city but it's not underdeveloped. That's part of why it's dirty, half of the downtown is torn up for construction.

I like it well enough, good community of expats with a few hangouts that you can always meet people in. Some big stores like Metro where you can get whatever imported stuff you want.

A few good bar streets, I've had some epic nights out at Hawa with buckets of whiskey & coke/gin&tonic and Polish foreign students (pic related)

What more do you want?

It does have epic firework shows if you're interested in that, Changsha is where most of China's fireworks are made.
>>
>>1086677

Does the place have heaps of foreigners despite being not even on the map or known to most people who think of china?

I'd be looking for a city with little to no foreigners, but still big enough and foreign friendly enough with some western luxuries like mcd's, starbucks, imported stuff, etc. I heard there's a growing number of foreigners there, similar to chengdu and chongqing
>>
>>1086712
>Does the place have heaps of foreigners despite being not even on the map or known to most people who think of china?

No, 'heaps of foreigners' means places like Wuhan where there are so many expats that they don't know each other.

In Changsha, most foreigners know all the other foreigners, it's a small scene and there are just one or two bars where everyone hangs out.

There are a whole lot of foreign students though, a few dozen Polish, Russian and I think Spanish students study at one of the universities there.

It's not really 'little to no foreigners' either though, you have to go somewhere really small for that and those places won't have much western comforts. The best candidate I can think of was Ordos, that has just a couple of foreign teachers and I never met any of them. A few stores of Mcds and KFC, no starbucks but plenty of native coffee shops that are just as good. The new town has a Subway. No Wallmart or Metro or even Carrefour.

There are quite a few tier 3/4 cities that count like that, many of them are quite lovely. If you really want isolation then go somewhere like that.
>>
>>1086606

which ones?
>>
how long does it take to get a visa the first time?
>>
>>1086788
>how long does it take to get a visa the first time?
The same as the second time.

If your documents are in order and you didn't pay for express service then it takes however long that consulate takes. Usually a few days. Check their website.
>>
>>1086793
thanks anon
>>
My father is currently doing his second round of interview for a job in China. If he gets it, he asked me to move with him. How safe is it over there for American females? I'm 27 if that makes a difference.
>>
File: boundFoot.jpg (84 KB, 500x962) Image search: [Google]
boundFoot.jpg
84 KB, 500x962
>>1086817
>How safe is it over there for American females? I'm 27 if that makes a difference
As safe as for anyone else.

China is actually a very safe country and people tend to keep their opinions to themselves so even if they think it's weird that you don't have bound feet, they won't say anything to you about it. You shouldn't say anything about it to them either.
>>
First time traveler. Going to Hong Kong and then entering China. I know you need to have all your hotel bookings and stuff like that to show the consulate to get a tourist visa, but do I need to show them the hotel bookings for Hong Kong, as well? I will just be using Booking.com throwaway reservations, obviously. I'll find hostels and hotels to stay at when I am there, but do I need to have hotel booking information for Hong Kong AND China to get a tourist visa for China?
>>
>>1087083
The visa information is different. The China consulate won't give you any access to Hong Kong. They are totally different countries. Access HK info online.
>>
>>1087083

If youre American or from other anglo countries and I believe most Euro countries, you don't need to show anything for Hong Kong.

They let you enter and stay there for up to 3 months without any type of visa I believe
>>
>>1087091
>Hong Kong. They are totally different countries. Access
Well, sort of. For Visas they are.

>>1087093
>If youre American or from other anglo countries and I believe most Euro countries, you don't need to show anything for Hong Kong.
>They let you enter and stay there for up to 3 months without any type of visa I believe
This. A 90 day visitor pass on arrival is standard.

You have to be from somewhere outside the west not to get it.
>>
I'm surprised schools in Shanghai are still so arrogant and picky, when their economy is on the verge of collapse and yuan is going down the toilet.

Went to an interview for a shitty language mill for 18k the other day and got rejected because of my appearance. Meanwhile some pretty boy blonde, blue eyed European university kid got the job. Motherfucker even had a thick accent.
>>
How safe is china for a person with diabetes?

Can you go to efficient, competent doctors for regular checkups, do they offer medicine for diabetics and other stuff?
>>
How the fuck do you guys deal with the fucking plague of metrosexual barbers who fuck up everything they touch? All I wanted was a fucking buzzcut and the piece of shit fuckboy spends twenty minutes fucking up my head. Jesus. Shaved off my fucking beard too, but I'm fucking blind as a bat without my glasses, so I couldn't tell how much he had removed. Motherfucking fuck.

>>1087098
Considering you don't even know how to use a fucking comma, I'm not surprised you were passed over.
>>
>>1087103
>How safe is china for a person with diabetes?
There's sugar in a lot of food that you might not expect.

>>1087103
>Can you go to efficient, competent doctors for regular checkups, do they offer medicine for diabetics and other stuff?

In the big cities, sure.

>>1087112
>All I wanted was a fucking buzzcut
Did you ask him for a buzzcut?

If you want a short back and sides, don't go to a salon, go to an actual barber.
My girl has her hair done in a salon but her kid goes to a barber to get the mandatory school-rules #1 buzzcut.

Her salon did my hair, looks alright, all I wanted was something that didn't look like I was hiding a bald spot. Probably helped that she was there to keep them on-task.

>>1087113
>Don't believe everything the liberal media says, mate.
I'm not sure that's liberal media, more likely fox or some neocon shills. Liberal media would probably be saying that the Chinese economy will mean that the middle-class might actually want some rights or something.
>>
>>1087126
>If you want a short back and sides, don't go to a salon, go to an actual barber.
I'm tempted to just have one of those old men who props a chair on the sidewalk to shave my head. I mean, the only thing that keeps me from doing so is the knowledge of how unsanitary that fucking cutter has to be working on a dozen nong farmers a day.
>>
>>1087113
>standard of education in Shanghai puts pretty much all Western countries to shame

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
>>
>>1087260

I fucking TEACH at one of the actual respected international schools. Outside of ours the level of Education in offshores and privates is fucking garbage because they are run strictly for profit.

Their is a god damn reason that the test scores of China are so widely criticized.
>>
>>1087263
>because they are run strictly for profit.
This is what I think of the American universities and their internal rankings. (not previous guy)
>>
>>1087275

Yeah and I have a lot of issues a number of American schools as well, but

>America is not the only western country
>the problem isn't AS widespread in my experience
>>
>>1087295

IB Schools don't teach the American curriculum.

That being said, the Chinese system is good at one thing. Drilling and rote memorization, and a complete disregard for academic honesty.

Any students I have seen coming out of that system was generally awful at actually applying their knowledge and being innovative. Very good at taking orders but not much else.

There are of course exceptions, such as the students who had a passion for something that they were following but that comes with all the systems.

>SJW and feminist groups in American universities

I'm going to throw it out here that I am Canadian and all the bitching I have heard about that I have never personally seen nor has it affected my secondary/post-secondary work. I think it's a boogeyman that only get's attention because of people yelling at it.
>>
>>1087136
>I'm tempted to just have one of those old men who props a chair on the sidewalk to shave my head. I mean, the only thing that keeps me from doing so is the knowledge of how unsanitary that fucking cutter has to be working on a dozen nong farmers a day.

The farmers are in the countryside anon.

I've had my hair cut by one of them. Looking back, it was probably a bad idea but I survived it. Maybe the -10c would kill anything on the clippers anyway.

Also, I'm not sure that the salons use sterilising cabinets either.
>>
Is it just me, or are older generation Chinese the absolute fuckin worst? Especially Chinese grannies. They are insufferable and the worst when it comes to manners and annoyance.

If I ever marry a Chinese girl, I will force her to sever contact with her entire family. Unless they're rich and will buy a house and give us money.
>>
>>1087332
>I will force her to sever contact with her entire family. Unless they're rich and will buy a house and give us money
You sound like quite a catch yourself.
>>
>>1087332
>If I ever marry a Chinese girl
Yeah, and then she'll divorce you and take all of your money back to her family in China.
>>
>>1087332
>If I ever marry a Chinese girl
I don't think that that's something anon needs to worry about.
>>
>>1087332
It's hilarious how salty you are.

Please do go on.
>>
>>1087464

>implying I'd take her back to my home country
>>1087548

I'm sharing a flat with an old couple. The granny gets up at 6AM to constantly go in and out of the kitchen, she used to slam her door every time she did this but I complained to the landlord and she stopped. She's always in the kitchen cooking 12 meals at once, stinking up the place and making noise.

I guess the positive thing is she cleans the bathroom and flat constantly, so that's good.
>>
>>1087588
>I'm sharing a flat
>people are living their lives

lmao
>>
>>1087595

She doesn't speak English, obviously. I don't speak much Chinese.
>>
So how do I go about finding a qt to show me around Beijing for about a week? I mean ahead of time if possible, online.
>or should I just go to the interpals thread
>>
>>1087662
OKCupid

Or pay for the premium stuff on Skout.

Momo and some GPS faking app is tier 1 but that takes decent knowledge of Chinese.
>>
>>1087662
Interpals is pretty good, that's where the girls are who know English. I also recommend TanTan, the Chinese Tinder rip-off (fake your GPS location). Not many girls know English there but you will be swarming in qt's as a foreigner so there will be enough choice.
>>
>>1087666
If I already have an okcupid I suppose it's easier to change my location to the city I'll be in ahead of time right?

>>1087672
Then I'll also start reading up on the interpals sticky *sigh*
>>
Is cheat accommodation easy to find when backpacking China?
>>
>>1087682
Cheap*
>>
>>1087682
>cheap accommodation easy to find when backpacking China
Hostels.
http://yhachina.com/

There's also hotel booking sites in the OP, some of those are cheaper than hostels.
>>
>>1087672

fuck, some of you guys are real idiots for giving away some of these ways to meet girls. you know if stop running your mouth and giving them away, you will be more of a niche and will have an easier time meeting girls, and hotter girls at that, when there's little to no competition on them, right?
>>
>>1087699
>some of you guys are real idiots for giving away some of these ways to meet girls
I don't know about the rest but I've met my one, I don't want to meet any other girls.

It's not like these are secrets anyway, the ratio is still favourable.
>>
I was just offered a job teaching English lit at an IB school in Guangzhou.

I've seen people say Guangzhou is shit, but I'm coming from Kuwait, so I can't imagine I'll be disappointed by any means. Any tips on fun shit to do in Guangzhou, or where to go?
>>
>>1087809

Did you have to a do demo over Skype to land that job? If so, if you don't mind me asking, how did you prepare and what did you do for your demo?

GZ is hot and muggy throughout most of the year, and rains a bit. From what I gather, most of the foreigners in the expat scene are African and Arab. It's not known to be a pleasant city. On the plus side, there's probably a niche you can carve out if there's a drain of white dudes there (I'm assuming you're white), and I hear Southern Chinese girls are nicer and more laid back than the rest of the country. I hear Perry's bar is good. I think there's a club Muse there too.
>>
>>1087817

I didn't have to do a demo -- I was recruited at a job fair.

Thanks for the honesty about the city though. Haha sounds kind of shit. As long as there's a gym nearby my accommodation, and the women are friendly, I'll be happy
>>
Depends on where you stay.
Guangzhou is huge as fucking fuck.
Nice parts and shit parts.
It has a nice little indie scene if you're into live music and all.
>>
>>1087821

I'll be in the Tianhe district
>>
>>1087699
This is one of the slower boards on 4chan and I think it's the same pool of people visiting these threads anyway. China is a country with 1,3 billion people. So this is a drop in the ocean.

Non-Asian foreigners will still be 'exotic' for a while in China anyway.
>>
>>1087832

Some apps are already fucked in tier 1 cities, like Shanghai. 2 years ago nobody knew about them, now all kinds of lame faggots are on there.

I hope the govt starts deporting and cracking down on foreigners like they threatened to discourage them from coming here.
>>
File: 1391347848020.jpg (338 KB, 1000x1562) Image search: [Google]
1391347848020.jpg
338 KB, 1000x1562
>>1087834
Well you sound bitter. I haven't had any problems with finding cute girls anywhere in China, both online or IRL. And I'm definitely not the most handsome foreigner out there.
>>
File: 1456780916259.jpg (75 KB, 563x600) Image search: [Google]
1456780916259.jpg
75 KB, 563x600
>>1087838

It's easy to meet 5 or 6/10s, maybe the occasional 7 off them. I'm saying if word never got out about it, and people stopped spreading word about it, you'd probably be able to meet and bang 8/10s or better off it with some ease.
>>
Ha an overnight layover at Pudong airport, booked at a hotel right next to the airport. How much money should I change into yuan for dinner and breakfast?
>>
>>1088026
15 bucks?
>>
>>1088026
>hotel
The hotel might have breakfast in the room cost anyway, though whether you'd like it is unpredictable. We don't know the hotel.

If you eat cheaply (for an airport), Y150 would be enough. Y200-250 would be more comfortable.

Exchange rate is a little under 1:5 so I'd change about $40.

Outside an airport, it would be way cheaper but in an Airport, in Shanghai...I'd change a little more.

Or, if you eat inside the airport, just use a credit card and forget about it.
>>
I just need a passport and a Chinese visa to go to China right? Any possible additional documents?
>>
>>1088088
you're a retard
do some research
>>
>>1088088
Yes that's all you need for normal tourism, if you're trying to work, conduct journalism etc. you might need extra. Make sure you get the right type of visa with enough entries and duration for your trip.

Also>>1088116
>>
>>1088088
I had a whole answer written out here but things crashed and I lost it.

You don't need anything else to enter China but you need a whole lot to actually get the visa.

Exactly what you need will depend on your visa and nationality and place of application.
Check the consulate website for details and assume that they mean what they say. It's not like some countries where they ask for a lot but don't care about it. China wants every box ticked.

Usually, you'll need:
* confirmed flights into and out of China
* hotel bookings for every day between those flight dates
* a daily itinerary for every day between the flight dates
>>
>>1088128
>>1088142
Thanks, how long does getting a visa usually take?
>>
>>1088209
took less than week for me
but i had a personal invitation from a friend, idk if that makes a difference
>>
>>1088209
>how long does getting a visa usually take?

Did you even read the thread?
>>1086788
>>
>>1088363
yes, i didn't post the second time, i even posted a thank you tho the anon that answered
>>
File: 53.png (22 KB, 769x745) Image search: [Google]
53.png
22 KB, 769x745
>>1088142
* hotel bookings for every day between those flight dates
* a daily itinerary for every day between the flight dates

WADAFUGGAGE

how do the SUCH DETAIL

cannot nego hotel once land in China for best price?

DAILY ITINERARY wtf maybe i go mcDonald one day, maybe KFC day 2

fucking china
>>
>>1088439
>how do the SUCH DETAIL
>cannot nego hotel once land in China for best price?
>DAILY ITINERARY wtf maybe i go mcDonald one day, maybe KFC day 2
Not OFFICIALLY

You need this to get the visa. What you do once you have the visa is your business. There's no link between this information and the visa (so far as anyone knows).

Just get the visa, then throw those plans out the window.

The 'legit' way to do it is to book (pay on arrival) hotels on ctrip and write out an itinerary from lonely planet/wikivoyage. Apply for and get a visa.

Then cancel all the bookings and tear up the itinerary and do whatever you want. Only your flights are really set in stone.

The less legit way is to fake all sorts of shit.

I once faked up everything but then had to literally sit in a consulate waiting room writing out an itinerary on the spot because the consulate staff weren't satisfied with my documents. Still, after secretly copying two weeks of activities out of LP to match the cities my fake hotel bookings were in, I got my visa. Then I just did whatever I wanted.

The easiest way is just to pay travel or visa agents to do all this shit for you.
>>
>>1088439
as previously stated, you still seem like a retard, perhaps intentionally or "ironically"

nevertheless, it depends from case to case; I've had bad experiences with visas in the past, but I READ BEFOREHAND that other anons only got hotels and flight tickets

I got flights to different in/out cities, booked pay-on-arrival hotels, wrote down the addresses of said hotels as my itinerary and that was that
>>
does it help _not_ to mention that I'll only be passing through China on the dating profile?
>>
>>1088656
>does it help _not_ to mention that I'll only be passing through China on the dating profile?
Yes, Chinese girls tend to be looking for long-term relationships, not a quick fuck.

If you need to ask then maybe leave the pipelining bullshit alone.
>>
>>1084585
Download wechat on your phone it's like what's app mixed with Facebook and everyone uses it out there, you can also search for people nearby by gender or they can search for you. I kept getting added by randoms whilst I was out there.
>>
>>1085968
Wenzhou was great I really enjoyed the place although I was only there for a few days for a wedding. I was the only white person I saw the whole time I was there even in the shangrila.

I remember ending up in done dodgy karaoke bar across the river somewhere by the Pullman hotel they kept trying to get us to buy women even though we were clearly a mixed crowd with wives & gf's etc. Fun place.
>>
>>1085675
I heard most Hong Kongers are going to be better at English than you will every be at Cantonese, so learning Cantonese is a waste of time unless you are planning on spending most of your life in HK. Hong Kongers hate mainlanders and CCP so they never want to speak Mandarin.
>>
>>1086221
Do not go to North Korea. You could be executed or imprisoned in a hard labor camp for the majority of your life for literally any reason. Read what the State Department has to say about travelling to North Korea.

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/north-korea-travel-warning.html
>>
>>1087863
>>1087863
Wow, this whole conversation is so depressing. How ugly do you have to be where you have to run away from competition to get laid?

That meme aboout foreigners teaching in Asian countries is true I guess.
>>
>>1087662
>interpals thread
Where is that?
>>
>>1087098
You underestimate the Chinese economy.

Not even wu mao.
>>
>>1087103
Chinese health care sucks and the doctors won't speak English.
>>
>>1087699
If you're a chad literally no amount of competition can impede you.
>>
>>1088926
yeah if you try to be an edgelord maybe
just stick to doing the goverment tour and you're in the safest country for tourist on earth
>>
>>1088927
Just imagine being the scum of the scum. I've seen the foreigners in Japan. There are a few normal dudes. But the rest are just retarded.
>>
>>1088861
>Wenzhou
>I was the only white person I saw the whole time

The only expats I saw were in the two expat bars.
>>
>>1088927
>How ugly do you have to be
Well, you saw anon's picture. Maybe it's pic related for once?

>>1088930
>Not even wu mao.
kek
I wonder how many anons could possibly get that
>>
>>1086824
this can't be common at all nowadays
>>
>>1089409
>this can't be common at all nowadays
It hasn't been common for a century, it was a stupid question so I gave it a stupid answer.

Also, I've never had an excuse to post that pic.

FWIW: My wife's grandmother had bound feet, her mother doesn't.
>>
>>1088927

Blah blah blah. I said with getting girls with ease you dumb faggot. What guy wants to put in hard work and effort to sportfuck hot chicks for free?

If you want a glimpse of the future of China, just look at Japan (and possibly Korea). In Japan you literally have to be a 9/10 with model looks to bang fucking 5/10 homely girls that Japanese guys don't want. It is absolutely fucking pathetic. This wasn't the case 10-20 years ago. The same thing will happen to China because too many idiots go around running their mouth about the place, or too many beta foreigners come here and date down.
>>
>>1089477
t. the alpha 老外
>>
>>1089477
Not really part of the discussion but I'd rather get a nice average girl to wife than some hot chick that could potentially leave me for some other white dude when I import her to my country
>>
>>1089477
>The same thing will happen to China because too many idiots go around running their mouth about the place,
Yea, so let's just shove China under the rug. And say that there are no girls in China. You must be delusional to actually believe you can stop it from happening.
Again, I must repeat. The memes about foreign English teachers must be true.
>>
>>1089477
>9/10 with model looks to bang fucking 5/10 homely girls
If you're a fucking 9/10 with model looks just stay in your home country to fuck other 9/10 girls.
>or too many beta foreigners come here and date down.
If you truly are a 9/10 with "model" looks than you're the one that's dating down retard.
I know this is bait but whatever.
>>
>>1084267
im about to apply for a z visa.

can anyone recommend a visa expediting service i can mail my passport to?

i would prefer one where i can get a face to face with the agency that does it.
>>
>>1089579
>I know this is bait but whatever.
There's a basic truism about 4chan though it applies in real-life to all web forums, it goes "a sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a moron". IRL, you can tell the difference of course, it's just that the difference is not important.

I think that anon you're replying to is probably a moron rather than a troll but the difference is not important. They might be the anon that posts every now and then screaming about nongs. They clearly didn't get laid as much as they thought they would and figure that they're a vastly superior human being to Chinese girls and wonder why they aren't being worshipped as they feel that they deserve.

It's kind of an Elliot situation which is ironic because Elliot was half Chinese.
>>
>>1089675
>im about to apply for a z visa.
Everyone I know that has one got it through their school.
>>
File: 2565651164_70810fa8cf_z.jpg (111 KB, 493x640) Image search: [Google]
2565651164_70810fa8cf_z.jpg
111 KB, 493x640
>>1088439 here

Went to the Chinese Embasse in DC yesterday. Tried twice, got turned away each time.

Fuck them. The guy had such a bad attitude, imagine a gay chinese guy pulling the sassy black woman shit with neck twisting like 70 degrees sideways deathstaring me saying "I can't answer that question" and shit.

WTF I wasted my entire day to get to DC and do taht shit. Not to mention the cost of transport, etc.

Goddamit I'm just go to the fucking Feelmypenis instead. Cheaper whores anyway
>>
>>1089689
>Tried twice, got turned away each time
What was the problem?

I assume they asked for some document/information that you were missing?
>>1089689
>WTF I wasted my entire day to get to DC and do taht shit. Not to mention the cost of transport, etc.
I've wasted a few days before getting them too, that's why I generally prefer agents, they tend to know the preferences of whatever consulate they deal with and how to navigate the bullshit or deal with someone that won't give them any.
>>
>>1089685
>>1089685
how do their schools do that for them?

im in the usa, school is in china. so im getting ripped off here?

i have all the documentation i need from china.
>>
>>1089701
>how do their schools do that for them?
There's various ways.

If you have all the documentation, just walk into the consulate and submit it.
>>
File: untitled.png (97 KB, 265x190) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
97 KB, 265x190
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2Xg7QUXiDA

Every Chinese granny reminds me of the Cat Lady from The Simpsons

Bat shit insane, rude as fuck, always pushing people to get a seat on the subway, etc

lmfao

I should write a book on fucking Chinese granny shenanigans. Or start a sitcom. Start a cartoon. I'd be a millionaire overnight.
>>
>>1089735
>Every Chinese granny
Are you >>1089477 and >>1087699 and >>1087588 and >>1087332?

You sound like a terribly person.
>>
Applying for a work permit and Z visa. Expat work.

>ask for school diplomas
>declined my diplomas, only uni papers are good
>ask for work experience
>decline my 5 years of paperwork I gather up.
They first offered to make a fake work experience certificate through an outsourcing company they had. But after I produced my own documents (they are all clients and companies I've worked for) they changed their mind.

Now they are telling me to apply and say I have a BA but I lost the diploma.

I expected bribes and shit to go down but never to have it this fucked up. There's no way I could head into an embassy in my home country and say I have a university degree, but I forgot at which school and lost the diploma.

The salary is good, the position is great and the company is top in my field. Is anything of this normal in China or are they just fucking up?
>>
>>1088927
I don't go to China to fuck, I can get laid in my own country perfectly. But is it wrong that I enjoy the fact I have more success over there and maybe take advantage of that when I'm there anyway?
You know, that's what people like to do on holiday: fun things.
>>
>>1089824
>There's no way I could head into an embassy in my home country and say I have a university degree, but I forgot at which school and lost the diploma.

You probably can't in China either. Generally, they're inflexible about needing paperwork, you'll only get past that if some palms are being greased. You can dodge all sorts of rules if you have a relationship with someone but otherwise embassies never bend them.

They probably wanted to use their own company because they know those papers get accepted with no problem, maybe also so that you'd pay for it (not sure whether they asked you for money).

You definitely need a uni degree, not sure what you meant by school diplomas, if they only said 'school', they may have meant uni instead of high school.

Z visa usually means english teacher but you make it sound like it's something better than that. What are you going to be doing?

If it's not an English teaching job then the rules might not be as strictly enforced. Genuine talent requirements don't get the same attention as english teaching because it doesn't cause the same problems.
>>
>>1089838
It's not teaching and the University degree was not necessary. I did my research and my work experience should make up for it. But it's so odd they decline both of them.

The company is big and have a separate visa department so they should know how to handle this and how to bribe their way. It's just the idea that all my shit is declined and they offer these make up solutions that obviously won't work that makes me .. Just go Wtf...
>>
>>1089847
im trying to find a visa service that will do it for me, i think thats hiw foreigners can avoid the greasing palm bullshit. i just have issues trusting a random
company online with my documents. any info on that is appreciated.

i thought it wiuld be easier to get to chiba since so many people seem to be going.
>>
>>1089683
Woo, meta bro!
>>
>>1089868
It's odd since I don't talk directly to them.

I'm having contact with a girl from HR. She's really nice, studied in US so her English is decent. We skype weekly.

She in her turn contacts a girl from finance who doesn't speak English. I send my documents to her via mail regularly.

The finance girl discusses my documents with her departments and once they are approved they will be sent to the visa department in the office. I'm stuck in this step since a month back.

It's a huge company, several thousand employees and they are paying me a relocation bonus of over a 100 k rmb so I am sure they can afford and are used to greasing some palms. I just never expected these fucked up e-mails from them.
>>
>>1089683

You're that guy that travels from city to city (or did you settle on Wuhan now?) baring scraping by working from your laptop. You originally worked in HK but probably failed at your career and dropped out, and now spend all your time on here. You believe Chinese girls are perfect virgins that are being corrupted by white sex tourists. You may or may not be a chink or mixed chink yourself, you definitely browse reddit, and you're a bit of a dandy homo. I don't think the chan and /trv/ is the right place for you, in any case.
>>
>>1089868

You can't even spell. I hope you're not teaching English.
>>
>>1089901
Not him but he does have a point.
>>1089902
Were on 4chan.
>>
>>1089902
yeah i wont bother explaining my horrible spelling and grammar. i could explian myself and you would probably understand but ive already wasted enough time typing this out. just think, i could have already tried to justify my horrid formatting but instead i just typed out a bunch of nonsense. doesnt that make you angry? you probably cant stand it can you? if only this were a classroom and you could grade my posts. its not though, its the internet and thats really hard for you to handle isnt it?

any more vague and condescending answers to my original question? im an amateur traveler that doesnt understand the internet, english, or getting visas and i need some help.
>>
just a warning if you're thinking of coming here to teach English

these chink employers are real slave-drivers. had one company expect me work without consecutive days off, and also force me to work 6 days a week during "peak season." forced attendance of meetings -- if you miss them you have to pay a hefty fine out of your salary. if you're late to class 5 minutes, again, pay fine. and all sorts of other fucked up rules.

this stuff is the norm among your average English training center in china. coming here to try to get laid while teaching for pennies on the side ain't worth it, and actually chinese girls these days look down on English teachers anyway. literally teaching in any other country is better than this shithole
>>
>>1084267
I've been here, was pretty good. Was also cool to look across the river and see this massive city I'd never heard of and will never see again.
>>
>>1089915
>trying to keep foreigners from teaching English in China so you can have a higher salary and less competition.
Yeah bud, this trick is so fucking old. They do this shit in Vietnam and Cambodia. Trying to keep their little secret club a "secret".
>>
>>1089923

kek. I can post my contract if you want. I know those types of people exist, but in china's case it's actually true. Absolute terrible country to work in.
>>
>>1089923

you're probably that idiot that was asking how to teach in china without a degree after finding out you couldn't teach in korea without one.

here's what'll likely happen to you

>you'll end up coming over on a tourist visa because your school will convince you they can get you a work visa while you are here and all you have to do is go to hong kong
>you're work illegally for peanuts
>your employer will treat you like shit
>he/she might withhold pay
>meanwhile you lower the wages for everyone else, especially those qualified
>you encourage chink employers to take advantage of dumb foreigners
>you'll get caught in a police raid, raped in jail by microdicks, then deported and blacklisted from china
>>
>>1089868
>i thought it wiuld be easier to get to chiba since so many people seem to be going

The Chinese government is pretty xenophobic, they only let foreigners in when it's useful to them, so tourists for money, provided that they stick to package tours. Foreign teachers if they can improve the economy by making selling things to the anglosphere easier, foreign experts if they can be sucked dry of their knowledge.

We like it here for various reasons but it's still a police state and they still want absolute control over everything.
>>
File: Trolling_Is_A_Art.jpg (62 KB, 400x891) Image search: [Google]
Trolling_Is_A_Art.jpg
62 KB, 400x891
>>1089903
>Were on 4chan
>>
>>1089928
>I can post my contract if you want.
No need. I'am sure it depends where you teach. To say the whole country is shit is a bit too much.
>>1089960
No, I'am not. I can teach and probably teach in one of the Asian countries. Just to ruin your little "secret club".
>>
Guys what's some general "stuff to stay away from" in China? Most people that heard I wanna go there are acting like it's the freaking end of the earth. I'm not saying it's the most civilized place on earth but most of them don't seem to have any idea and just rely on news stories from the 90s

Obviously you guys are not as prejudiced ;^)

For example how mad is it really to get street food from popular places? How "dangerous" is night life for obvious white western tourists? I mean I'm not gonna go in the slums but I do want to walk around at night
>>
>>1088926
Pussy faggot detected
>>
File: 7e4.jpg (37 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
7e4.jpg
37 KB, 500x500
>>1089901
>>
>>1090107
>For example how mad is it really to get street food from popular places? How "dangerous" is night life for obvious white western tourists? I mean I'm not gonna go in the slums but I do want to walk around at night

None of that is dangerous if you some slight common sense. China is very safe regarding violence, not so much food but except for occasional diarrhoea, you'll be fine.

>acting like it's the freaking end of the earth
Drama queens gonna drama.
>>
>>1090107

You'd probably be more comfortable in Japan.
>>
The only time I felt threatened in China was when my friend took me to her apartment which was in a district full of scummy migrant workers from other provinces.
She only lived because the apartment was cheap.
When we left the house again some chink had his apartment door open (which were all just huge steel doors with big ass padlocks on them, prison style shit) and I dared to peek inside as we walked down the stairs, immediately four chinks came rushing out. If I had been alone they might have just cleavered me desu
>>
>>1090350
>When we left the house again some chink had his apartment door open (which were all just huge steel doors with big ass padlocks on them, prison style shit) and I dared to peek inside as we walked down the stairs, immediately four chinks came rushing out. If I had been alone they might have just cleavered me desu
Why would they want to chop you with cleavers?

They were probably just wondering what the fuck you were doing there.
>>
>>1090354
because they're chinese and they cleaver people in the skull
>>
>>1090350
What kind of autist "peeks inside" a strangers apartment? Jesus, you sound really creepy. How do you even have friends?
>>
>>1090373
you sound bitter my friend
>>
>>1090350

I once rented a room in an old building without an elevator.

The stair case in the building to my room was right near this creepy old chink's apartment on the first floor. The guy would leave his door open all day long, with the lights off, and stand around inside in darkness while wearing a hood, watching whoever came up and down the stairs, or entered and exited the building. Shit was pretty creepy. He was like a serial killer.

Then on the second floor, another old crazy chink and his wife lived in another apartment. Every time I wanted to go downstairs or upstairs I couldn't see anything because the lights were broken, so I'd have to flip a light switch on that was near his door. I flipped it on a few times, and the old fuck came out of his door and chased me downstairs once. A second time he came out and yelled at me.

I doubt the guy even had to pay for the electricity. Cheap, old, nosey chinks
>>
How do I know if a guard dog is just barking at me or preparing to maul me or is just friendly? I walk through some of the less affluent areas sometimes for shortcuts and exploration (I'm talking farmland less affluent), and the dogs always scare the shit out of me. What is the best way to avoid being mauled?
>>
File: IMG_ 33.jpg (290 KB, 989x949) Image search: [Google]
IMG_ 33.jpg
290 KB, 989x949
>>1089738

Herro!
>>
>>1090650
did that make sense in your head?
>>
>>1090642
don't go into their territory. back off slowly if they're aggressive. don't run or turn your back. 'let' them feel like they did their job and scared you off.
>>
are big tits really that rare in china? i love big boobs a lot, pretty much obsessed, but i might not go to china if it's rare to see them.
>>
>>1090697
They exist, especially on milfs, if you're into that
>>
File: image.png (148 KB, 400x278) Image search: [Google]
image.png
148 KB, 400x278
>>1090435
>I'm terrified of pensioners
That's hilarious
>>
>>1090697
Young Chinese women have an obsession with being slim, so you'll find smaller breasts all around, irrespective of the genetic element.
>>
>>1090706
>Young Chinese women have an obsession with being slim
That's not unique to China.

Chinese woman are maybe better at it though. Always worrying about what they eat etc.

Big breasts aren't common but they're around, even if they try to be slim, lots of Chinese woman end up a bit chubby and those can have some breasts. And there are just some freaks that have slim waists and big breasts. Not too common but super hot when they happen.
>>
File: 18-countries.jpg (297 KB, 1200x818) Image search: [Google]
18-countries.jpg
297 KB, 1200x818
>>1090717
That goes without saying. But the Chinese are obsessed more than anyone else, and their ideal body image, according to polls, is slimmer than any other country.
>>
>>1090718
Dat venezuelan unf machine
>>
Why the hell are 70% of the females on okc over to 30? Is that the point where everyone they know starts pressuring them to get married?

The 25-ish ones seem like pretentious girls too aware of how many white guys would die to get them

Meh
>>
File: 1212252099171.jpg (39 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1212252099171.jpg
39 KB, 604x453
I love all the entitled narcissistic autist losers who complain on here about how they're not drowning in 10/10 Chinese pussy or being paid tons of money because they're a white guy in a foreign cunt-tree and deserve it.

Also how they describe their interactions with other humans just reeks of Cluster B and sociopathy, like splitting (all Chinks are bad, etc.) and objectification/poor object relations (seeing ppl at status tier objects as opposed to fully fleshed out humans).

The sad truth is these exact reasons are WHY you aren't making satisfying connections (friendships, successfully networking to get better paying jobs, etc.) or getting laid.

You can't fix being a shitty person or having a defective personality, sorry.

t. Psychiatrist
>>
>>1090813
And you have yet to get your dick wet? : ^ )

I thought Japan would be the lowest an English teacher expat can go, this thread taught me otherwise. What's with all those retards itt?
Especially people like the one I am just quoting.
>>
>>1090813
feeling pretty smart now, huh? guess the psych degree was worth it

t. a better psychiatrist
>>
>>1090724
>Dat venezuelan unf machine
I'd take that pic with a pinch of salt.

I mean USA has a thigh gap and no burger...
>>
>>1090790
>The 25-ish ones seem like pretentious girls too aware of how many white guys would die to get them
Well they are. Their pussy got put on a pedestal.

The over 30s are under extreme pressure to get married and Chinese guys aren't interested in them anymore. Doesn't mean they aren't worth dating though, I've had some good times in that age group and there's definitely something to be said for a woman that is over her Mr Right fantasies and had a dose of reality.

They also tend to be more self-sufficient and set up.
>>
>>1090823
>What's with all those retards itt?
Especially people like the one I am just quoting.

Aren't you agreeing with the anon you're quoting?

>>1090813
Well said, anon.

>>1090825
They're not wrong though.
>>
>>1090107
>Guys what's some general "stuff to stay away from" in China?

China
>>
>>1090942
No, he sounds even more retarded than the one he's "analyzing" tbqh.
Making you a retard as well.
>>
>>1091086
I guess you must be the only intelligent person around here. I'm sorry for your predicament.
>>
File: yy_018.jpg (81 KB, 750x451) Image search: [Google]
yy_018.jpg
81 KB, 750x451
>>1091137
I think your logic is quite flawed.
Let me break it down for you:
-Any major city will have its fair share of foreigners. Beijing happens to have a population of over 11 million. Don't you think it's normal that some of those would be Westerners?
-Gyms are a Western invention and cost money. The Chinese are neither culturally nor financially inclined to workout in a gym. They'd much prefer walk around backwards on an athletics track or do some Qigong in the square at 6:00 AM (that's the old people; the younger generations are too busy working or studying to exercise).

So you see, the situation in Europe has basically nothing to do with it: you will always likely see foreigners over-represented in a gym in China.
>>
>>1091158
gyms also aggressively market to foreigners. I get given flyers every time I walk through malls etc. They run over to shove them in my face.
>>
>>1091158
>>1091256
It's because foreigners pay a foreigner rate at the gyms. Locals pay a third usually from what I read in very legitimate sources. If you speak Chinese ask the locals what they pay in a given gym or go there with a local who will ask around, otherwise you will always get fucked.
>>
File: 20141113_082104.jpg (2 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20141113_082104.jpg
2 MB, 4160x2340
>>1090825
Failtroll brah if you were a psychiatrist you would know it's not a "psych degree".

We all did med school just like the plastique sirjunnz
>>
File: 2013-06-26 23.54.46.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
2013-06-26 23.54.46.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
>>1090823
with hotter girls than u ever have
>>
>>1090823
you are the retard
>>
File: you called.jpg (13 KB, 258x289) Image search: [Google]
you called.jpg
13 KB, 258x289
>>1090813
>entitled narcissistic autist losers
>>
A student asked me for help with IELTS at uni. I have a IELTS workbook with answers, but I am reluctant. I've never actually used it before, and I would kind of want to be reimbursed by the school. I don't want to teach only one person, to be honest. I'm already teaching two additional classes without pay out of the goodness of my heart. How should I play this?
>>
>>1091275
>and now I feel like shit ;__;
>>
>>1091279
>I'm already teaching two additional classes without pay out of the goodness of my heart
>How should I play this?
Roll over and do work for no money, it's what you've done up to now.

Or start asking to be paid. You could always offer private tuition on a fee basis.
>>
>>1091275
>posts random skank from 2013
quite an achievement!
>>
>>1091279
>I'm already teaching two additional classes without pay out of the goodness of my heart.

I'm a teacher. not in China anymore, but I fucking hate dickless losers like you.
>>
what's the comfiest chinese city?
>>
>>1091485

Hong Kong
>>
>>1091485
Shenzhen is pretty comfy.

I like Ningbo too. Nanjing is nice. Forshan is nice but it doesn't have much western, it's just comfy Chinese.
>>
>>1091158

kek at the leddit weenie that reported my post. and the janitor actually banned me for that? lol. that wasn't in violation of any rules. what the fuck.

take your ass back to /r/china if you can't stand the heat here.
>>
>>1091551
I assume that you posted some sort of racist diatribe about 'sand nigger' refugees being the reason for expats in gyms in China?

Shit posting outside /b/ (and maybe /pol/) is bannable. Sucks to be you. Maybe you should gb2 reddit. The anon that replied seems quite reasonable.
>>
>>1091563

nah, I was the guy that was talking about my friend spotting hordes of europeans in the gyms. I never brought up any political things. even so, this is 4chan. we're supposed to have free speech unless you're blatanly trolling or shitposting
>>
>>1091620
Yes, the PC millenials are slowly but surely making their way here. It's only a matter of time. Still, you can always head over to ∞ chan if you don't like it here.
>>
Tell me about Xi'an.
>>
File: IMG003.jpg (343 KB, 1536x1024) Image search: [Google]
IMG003.jpg
343 KB, 1536x1024
>>1091670
What do want to know?
The old center of town has a wall around it.
Like most Chinese cities, there are a lot of apartment towers. The terracotta soldiers are some distance out of town.
>>
>>1091670
I assume you want to know why it has a wall?
It's a big city.
>>
>>1091670
The pollution is unbelievable
>>
>>1091686
>The terracotta soldiers are some distance out of town.
Soldiers on display the Chicago museums right now!
>>
>>1091563

He didn't, are you so fucking new you don't use an extension to see dead posts?

The mods have been getting out of hand on all the boards with their hurt feelings, feels like I am back living in China.
>>
>>1091758
>are you so fucking new you don't use an extension to see dead posts
ooh shit guys look we have a real oldfag in this thread!!!!!

great to see they're still aliev man, how long have you been on the 'chan already? :) lol remember boxxy? god, those were THE DAYS...
>>
>>1091781

Why are you such a faggot?
>>
anyone here want to move to china with me? looking to go in the fall.
>>
File: areyoutrolling.png (49 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
areyoutrolling.png
49 KB, 604x453
>>1091811

Here is your (You).
>>
>>1091758
>He didn't, are you so fucking new you don't use an extension to see dead posts?

No, I browse commando.

>The mods have been getting out of hand on all the boards with their hurt feelings, feels like I am back living in China.

This isn't /b/, it needs mods to clean up shitposting.

>>1091551
>kek at the leddit weenie that reported my post. and the janitor actually banned me for that? lol. that wasn't in violation of any rules. what the fuck
>>1091620
>talking about my friend spotting hordes of europeans in the gyms

Obviously you said a little more than you're admitting to because this anon >>1091158 thinks your logic is flawed. So what was the logic you were posting? Obviously not that Europeans were in the gyms because they like gyms.

That anon thought you were wrong but obviously wasn't butt-hurt about it.
Some other anon reported it.
Some janitor baleeted it.
I think your defensiveness sounds like a shitposter getting caught out.

Maybe you should accept that you're not the majority opinion?
>>
>>1091870

check the archive. all I said was "euro pussies"

anyway, I was unbanned so it's a moot point.
>>
>>1092086
>check the archive. all I said was "euro pussies"
You said:
>How fucked are things in Europe that you Euro pussies are coming to this shithole in droves, especially cancerous Beijing? kek

It's shitposting. I agree that it's mild shitposting but it's still shitposting. If some janitor decided to nuke it, I'll live. You're were hateful and ignorant. I don't think it was necessary to delete it or ban you but it sure didn't hurt.
>>
I've given up trying to get semi rich in a tier 1 city by hustling and teaching 6-7 days a week, working many jobs simultaneously. A guy I knew said he made over $5000 us dollars a month doing that.

But alas, there are too many foreigners, too many european students now that these shitty training centers will hire for pennies over you, and then fire when they don't need them anymore. If you do manage to get a good paying job, you can still get fired over nothing because they know they can replace you in a day or two.

So I've relocated to a tier 2 city, hoping to take it easy, gain some more experience teaching, and shag easy sluts. Maybe I'll try another tier 1 city and try to do it all over again in about a year, assuming the economy hasn't plummeted.

If I want to do it all over in a year's time, I guess the best way to do it is to go legit with a work visa sponsored by the school, getting the school to invest in me so they can't fire me easily, right? Or are the days of making decent money in China over?
>>
>>1092111
>I've given up trying to get semi rich in a tier 1 city by hustling and teaching
That is wise anon. You won't get rich teaching English.

You do it because it's a comfortable and slack job for decent money, not because it's a get-rich-quick scheme.

>over $5000 us dollars a month
That's not a lot of money, most graduates earn more than that in the west.

Still, you can make that and tier 2 cities are *better* than tier 1 for it because you're more in demand and schools don't fuck over legit teachers. Well, most of them.

Get a legit visa obviously, get a job at a legit school, teach regular hours and do tutoring to make the extra cash. Just do it all legit.

Then, renew your contract after a year. That's where the big money is, if you're going to stick around and you take the job seriously then there is good money. I do know people on Y20k+/month but they didn't get there in their first year. Also they're in tier 2 cities.

Some of them are supervising other teachers, planning courses, stuff like that. Others are just senior teachers taking classes.

They got big raises every year when they renewed their contracts because they were worth it and the school knew they weren't full of shit like most of the no-degree scammers.

It sounds like you're one of the no-degree scammers but if you want to go legit then it can be worth it. You have to settle down and take it seriously though.
>>
>>1092126
>no-degree scammer.
In principal, there's nothing wrong with playing the system. Capitalism thankfully has an element of merit to it. China is an economically open and dynamic enough of a place that this still holds today. If you're smart enough and industrious enough it doesn't matter how many prestigious degrees you have.

>>1092111
Also, I'd like to add that real-estate prices are spiking again. They've only just hit an all-time high, but lower tier cities are less affected.
>>
>>1084301

U U U U
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.