[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best countries to go to for one escaping a Trump presidency?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9
File: escape.jpg (27 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
escape.jpg
27 KB, 500x250
I'm part of a minority group Trump has threatened and I'm considering my options just in case I need to leave.

What are the best countries for someone from the US to move to?

When I say "best", I mean that they have some of these factors:

+There are a large amount of citizens there who either speak English or understand English.

+The country isn't hostile towards immigrants, minorities and alternative lifestyles. The country allows many of the same freedoms an American would be used to.

+The country is easy to go to. There is minimal paperwork one needs to enter and stay in the country as an American.

+The country has demand for English/American workers. My degrees would easily transfer. The cost of living is friendly to the American dollar. The quality of living is similar to what lower middle class American would be used to.

I appreciate the help.
>>
File: 5646546.gif (1 MB, 341x331) Image search: [Google]
5646546.gif
1 MB, 341x331
>believing anything said during the primaries

you realize everyone is just pandering to the extremists to win their party, then they'll spend the entire presidential election backpedaling to the middle of the road.
>>
If you're a legal American, there's no group you could be a part of that would be threatened by a Trump presidency unless you were a Muslim extremist.
>>
I'm not interested in talking about politics.

I simply want to know the answer to my question if you feel like answering.
>>
File: 0.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>1083757
>I'm not interested in talking about politics.

then maybe you shouldn't have started your thread with
>Best countries to go to for one escaping a Trump presidency?
>I'm part of a minority group Trump has threatened and I'm considering my options just in case I need to leave.
you retarded faggot. what direction did you think this thread would go in when politics are the first thing you address?
>>
>>1083757
My girlfriend and I are moving to The Netherlands if Trump wins the election. She used to live and work there and I know boats and bikes so I'll probably fit in just fine.
>>
lmao, every election season like clockwork.
>if x wins the presidency, I'm moving to y
>elections come and go, americans too lazy to actually move
>whao politics as usual regardless of which cuntplug is in charge, what a surprise

That said, the obvious choice for the cowardly liberal is currently Canada. We recently switched out a conservative whacko for a liberal whacko based on tumblrisms and Obama-tier Hope And Change, so you should feel right at home in your new safe space.
>>
You're not going anywhere
>>
>>1083764
I hate the dick sucking leftist antics the new government is up to. It's like they went extreme left after the election, I did not envision this.
>>
>>1083745
It's all true.

Trump is the First Wave.
>>
Hillary Clinton will be president. But still where to move to idk. I would like to go to Japan
>>
i find it interesting that left-wing nutjobs always threaten to run away while right-wing nutjobs always threaten to dig in/bunker down if their respective opposing candidate wins. i'm sure there's some psychology master's thesis in there somewhere.
>>
>>1083775
>>1083764
do you guys even know anything about the canadian government at all?
>>
Please don't come to UK, we already have enough cucks that abandon their own countries to come here.
>>
Canada obviously. Basically America but nicer.
>>
>>1083742
Come to Canada bro,
I suggest the maritimes
>'one of us, one of us, one of us'
>>
>>1083874
lol harper and the cons gave way more free money to israel and bowed down to big business and the TPP then Trudeau ever will
>>
>>1083787
Yeah, Liberals are pussies who run away the second they don't get their way, and Conservatives hunker down and wait out the storm.

Really though, like other's have said, no one who says they're gonna leave will actually leave, they'll all just bitch and moan, and over exaggerate how "(current president) is ruining our country!!!"
>>
this dude actually doesnt read as some whiny democrat who is upset al gore lost, but legitimately concerned about trump starting shit. there IS a difference, but hey, big surprise, nuance being lost on 4chan

also LOL implying republicans never threaten to leave when democrats win, holy shit my fucking sides
>>
>>1083759
We're full, deal with your country
>>
>>1083742
Calm down you pants-pissing narcissist
>>
>>1083787
Progressivism is about change; conservatism is about preservation. This isn't a difficult concept and if you gave your question even a modicum of thought you would have your answer. Not to mention that, from a democrat's perspective, electing a clown like Trump is magnitudes worse than electing Hilary would be for republicans. The republican party in the US has somehow managed to warp a legitimate political philosophy into some jingoistic bullshit about hating mexicans, women, muslims or whatever other minority stumbles into the spotlight. There's nothing surprising about the American left feeling trepidation at the thought of President Trump

>>1083939
>Conservatives hunker down and wait out the storm
Are you excited to vote in your first election?
>>
>>1083742
hey how about getting ahead aof the curve and applying for legal status? you have almost a year to do it.

oh wait, whats that you say? as soon as you have to abide by the same bullshit laws us americans do you no longer want to stay in the country anymore?

>>1083953
this is an obvious sleeper political issue ad, we usually avoid this stuff on /trv/ but for the record lets live up to what most backpackers claim and suggest people respect the laws and people of the country they visit.
>>
>>1083923
Trudeau is like a fucking puppet. He's all show and no action. Look how he's doing anything except take care of the important aspects. Then he does 1 interview for some Frenchie newspaper where he tells all of Canada to "go fuck yourself" because those promises of a balanced budget at the end of his term were all bullshit.

Look at the biggest headlines he's made since the election, bringing in mudslimes and now going to a faggot parade. Fuck him and his flower power rosy eyed bullshit.
>>
There is no escape anon.

Can't stump the trump.
>>
>>1083988

>>Conservatives hunker down and wait out the storm
>>Are you excited to vote in your first election?

I sure am! Can't wait for Trump to personally kick out anyone with a funny sounding last name!
>>
>le trump is bad meme
Ok if youre one of those socialust youths may i suggest Belarus, Turkmenistan or North Korea.

Enjoy your liberalism
>>
File: 6hutd4.jpg (29 KB, 283x357) Image search: [Google]
6hutd4.jpg
29 KB, 283x357
>>1084003
>muh illegals are ruining the country meme
yea just apply for citizenship haha its so easy anyone can do it! except me i was born here XD but w/e it cant be that hard!
>>
>>1084019
But then you have liberals going "I'll just move to Canada if Trump is elected!"
Because yeah, it's not that hard to just move to a new country when the bad boogeyman gets elected.
>>
>>1084027
Well, it's a lot easier for someone from a first-world country with technical skills to gain permanent residency.

>wahhh liberals
I've heard more die-hard republicans threatening to move than I have democrats, but that's because I live in a wealthy, educated area of the country and not the dumbfuck bible belt. Conservatives don't like Trump any more than liberals do because he doesn't have any appeal to actual conservative politics outside of some empty campaign promises. The only votes he's courting are retards.

>>1084018
>liberalism
>north korea
lol
>>
>>1083939
it's more than just "wait out the storm" (because, if we're being honest, despite all the hyperbole and threats that's all either side ever does), it's yhe extremists threatening to use force to defend their slice of turf that i find an interesting contrast to the extremists of the other side threatening to take their ball and go, like anyone in the middle actually believes them or cares what they do.

regardless, whoever wins this is going to be the worst presidency in the history of america, and yes, i'm familiar with grant and hoover.
>>
Does America seriously function with memes and idiots now?
>>
>>1084047
>now
>implying that hasn't been the case since at least carter

i love my country, but i hate my fucking government beyond words
>>
File: 4817246-download+(2).jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
4817246-download+(2).jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>1083742
Fuck you. America is the greatest god damn country on earth. Whoever wins it really doesn't matter, we're still number one. It's about the people.
>USA, USA, USA
>>
>>1083742
Mexico is the best option for you, gringo.
>>
If you hate the guy that much then come to Canadistan. I live in Alberta, it's the most conservative part. We don't pay provincial sales tax which is great.
>>
>>1083742
I have a feeling Trump is going to steal a lot of money from the federal government, leave the country to Switzerland and get murdered by a government spook.

He's a coward that talks a lot of shit but won't do any of the extremist shit he promises besides stealing a lot of money from tax payers.
>>
>>1084019
i didnt say they were ruining the country, i was just saying they need to work toward citizenship.
and if
>except me i was born here XD but w/e it cant be that hard!

then you arent giving enough info, and its never the president its the people.

anyway gj trying to make /trv/ a soundboard for political shills.
>>
>>1084074
What makes you think that?
>>
>>1084038
>communism
Yes, north korea sounds about right
>>
>>1084093
His actions always contradicting his claims. He's a coward but he's more greedy and that's going to kill him when he starts messing with congress.
>>
>>1084074
this is one of the most retarded theories I have ever read.

hes making billions and has no reason to scam the government although I understand if you would do such a thing.
>>
>>1083742
Go back to Mexico, wetback.
>>
>doesnt want to integrate with his new country
>believes that speaking english is meritable or important
>doesnt want to put in effort to join new society
>identifies himself as a minority

No surprise anti-immigration is hot these days
>>
File: 1450393340999.jpg (45 KB, 604x442) Image search: [Google]
1450393340999.jpg
45 KB, 604x442
>>1084136
>north korea
>communist
stay in school kids
>>
>>1083745
>you realize everyone is just pandering to the extremists to win their party, then they'll spend the entire presidential election backpedaling to the middle of the road.
This is completely true.

You know how politicians all tell lies to get elected? Well most of the bad shit they say is part of those lies too. They have to pretend to hate minorities in the same way that they pretend to believe in jeebus. It's necessary to get elected. Doesn't mean that they won't break all those promises once they're elected.

Actually, they only need to wait until they're endorsed, then, because those immigrant-hating rednecks won't vote democrat ever, he can count on their votes and can start saying reasonable things to seduce the swing-voters who might vote democrat if he doesn't.

>>1084074
>He's a coward that talks a lot of shit but won't do any of the extremist shit he promises besides stealing a lot of money from tax payers
Trump is a lot of things but he's not a coward. Except in the sense that he won't pay creditors if he can help it.
He won't do the extremist shit he promises though, you're probably right about that. There's no need for him to do it.
He probably will steal a lot of money from tax payers but he'll do it legally, by creating economic and legal environments that favour his businesses. Just like Bush did for his family companies and big oil.

Some types of wall st will really like Trump, it will be good for businesses that are similar to Trump businesses but don't directly compete with him.

You can look at Australia for how Trump might go, we had Murdoch's pet prime-minister get in and do a bunch of favours for Murdoch, and we had Clive Palmer who is basically a smaller but fatter and balder version of Trump. He made his own party, got balance of power and got a lot of sweet deals for his businesses out of it. He didn't actually do any of the crazy stuff he was promising. Clive Palmer is basically a mini-Trump. Google him.
>>
>>1084159
His greed has no limits
>>
>>1084257
Kek nice
>>
File: 00.jpg (20 KB, 490x360) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
20 KB, 490x360
Since this doesn't seem to be going well, I'm going to ask your opinion on the list of countries below. Which of these countries is the easiest for a US citizen to move to or obtain a visa for?

Switzerland
Netherlands
Germany
Canada
New Zealand
Singapore
Scandinavia
>>
Friendly reminder that you cannot just "move" to another country like that. It's easy to get a residence permit in exactly NONE of them.

At best you have a skill they need in destination country, speak their language perfectly and have lots of money. THEN after a minimum of 5 years (but more likely 10-15) of working your ass off, sometimes even paying inflated taxes for your foreign ass, and bureaucratic nightmares, you can stay there for good and apply for citizenship.

At worst, it's completely impossible. Which is probably your case, since if you had skills and money, you wouldn't have that much reason to leave.

ITT delusional burgers thinking to move to another country is as easy as booking a flight.
>>
>>1084533
You are delusional. Without v good qualifications have fun getting immediate or quick citizenship in any of those countries...
>>
HOL UP, is there an actual chance Trump wins? I don't follow Amerishit politics, isn't he just the meme candidate of the year?
>>
>>1084696
Memes are real m8 don't visit burger land until 2020 when Kanye is president
>>
>>1083742
>for one escaping a Trump presidency
You're a fucking faggot. I'm not even American and I wish to god everyday that we have someone like Trump to come one day and save this god foresaken shithole of a country.

>I'm part of a minority group Trump has threatened
I bet you're some Mexican-American whining bitch that gets all of his information from Weddit. Trump does not hate any minorities more than he likes himself. Hurr durr muhh deportation of illegal immigrants. Yeah, these "illegal immigrants" are illegal for a reason. There is no way ever possible for a LEGAL immigrant that has American citizenship to ever be deported. Trump wants to deport illegals who have broken the law and don't play fair. In fact, Trump is in favour of increasing legal immigrant quotas, because these people dream of the American dream and want to play by the rules, not the illegal drug smugglers who hop the border for a quick buck and fuck.

Cry more faggot.
>>
Anywhere that isn't america.
Trump is a 'fuck the world' kind of President
He won't mess with any other countries
>>
excellent bait OP
>>
>>1084256
You've obviously never been to the dprk
Kid
>>
>>1083742
>I'm part of a minority group Trump has threatened

hahahahaha get over yourself mate
>>
>>1083742
fuck off paki
>>
no-one wants useless americans, only highly skilled ones
>>
>>1084299
>come into a /pol/ thread
>surprised to see /pol/ posts

fuck off, faggot.
>>
>>1083742

Is this a bait thread or what

I know some of you travel guys are liberal hippies but this seems like too much
>>
File: MakeHollywoodGreatAgain.png (790 KB, 1172x909) Image search: [Google]
MakeHollywoodGreatAgain.png
790 KB, 1172x909
Mexico
>>
>>1083742
We do not want you as you will likely only pollute our countries with your political ideology.
Unless you have a degree in medical, hard science or engineering, your degree is likely worthless here.
Most places have high enough unemployment as is and there's no reason to hire an American unless you're an attractive female who will have some creep gladly give you preference for menial work that anyone could do.
>>
>>1084545
They're confused by the millions of worthless uneducated brown people the US/Canada/Europe(and dangerous) allow to flood in unchecked.
>>
File: MI0001665246.jpg (41 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
MI0001665246.jpg
41 KB, 400x400
>>1086633
please don't do that Anon
>>
>>1086727
>le STEM meme
Look at most developed nations' labour shortages and you'll find a that the vast majority of those positions require one of those "worthless" degrees you mentioned. Not saying it's easy to emigrate, but if you think first world countries are yearning for chemists and mathematicians you're a fucking retard
>>
Canada
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.