[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FUCK traveling with women. FUCK it. >hurr anon let's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 26
File: couple_2788635b.jpg (40 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
couple_2788635b.jpg
40 KB, 620x387
FUCK traveling with women. FUCK it.

>hurr anon let's stay the night at this hotel and blow a big portion of our budget for comfier beds
>hurr anon why can't we just go to this city and look at this building instead
>anon I don't want to go hiking up that mountain, I want to go to this city and walk around downtown doing nothing except going to this expensive restaurant and then back to a hotel
>no anon I don't want to set up a tent here I want to go to a hotel my back hurts
>anon I'm tired of eating canned food lets blow our budget on fancy restaurants
>anon this 25lb backpack weighs too much here you carry it on top of your 50lb backpack

Never again. It's not worth it. My boys are fucking savages and don't care about anything or complain about anything. Girls are too complicated
>>
>>1081437
blame yourself for being retarded enough to have a gf like this

nice blog post, where can i suscribe? do you take donations?
>>
Been on some group tours and the girls were a nightmare. Complaining about everything, crying pretty much every day.

Men travel to experience the world, women do it so they can post about it on social media.
>>
>>1081442
>group tours

ITT: smart travellers
>>
I spent less going with 2 of my friends in a 1 month trip through Spain, Italy, Greek islands and France than I did with my ex on a 2 week trip in Croatia and Italy.
>>
>>1081441
Dude, the trip was fun and everything. I love my GF but this is just how most girls are. I was just venting out some shit that constantly annoyed me.
>>
>>1081441
>spot the woman
>>
Why would you sleep uncomfortably and eat shit when you can afford better?
>>
>>1081451
Because when you blow $75/night on a hotel that could be used for more gas to go further and to more places, it's fucking annoying. I don't mind food that much but it adds up over a month. $30/day at McDonald's adds up when you can live off bottled water and canned shit for a lot longer. It's even worse when she wants to go a local place that charges $20/plate.
>>
>>1081454
OP, are you sure you're not just a hobo?

Sounds like traveling with you is a drag, at any rate.
>>
>>1081455
We're broke college kids who work all summer to live life all year bro.

I like getting the absolute most for my money. I'm just not a princess who needs a hotel, warm meals and coffee every morning.
>>
Sucks man, you should really leave her behind for the day and do your own thing. She wants a hotel? Sure, let her book a room alone. Not even trying to meme here, but you're getting financially cucked here. And if it's like that now, I don't think it's stopping in the future....
>>
I guess it's just depends ob the type of lass you travel with. It does suck though when you can't go lone wolf for a couple days and meet up with the person down the road like with non attached travel companions.

But we are all gonna mug you off because we are all as pretentious as the next anon
>>
File: 1348825032994.jpg (521 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1348825032994.jpg
521 KB, 1280x1024
>>1081437

I can confirm this so hard

Traveling with women = spend the night at a hotel every night

Traveling alone or with buddies = campouts, sleeping under the stars, sleeping on a fucking mat outside
>>
>>1081437
Never had this problem. All of them are willing to jump on the back of my motorcycle for hours, even in the rain. They enjoy trekking, exploring new places, even if they are not clean. I have a lot of female friends like this too, camping and no proper shower for a few days. Figure this type of shit out early in the relationship, move on if you don't match.
>>
>>1081437
>>1081461
Your girls just suck. Quit finding your dates on tumblr and get a real woman.
>>
>>1081442

>women travel to post it on social media

This.
>>
>>1081437
If your woman can't handle you, find one that does.
>>
>>1081451
Because more money for stupid souvenirs and hookers.
>>
>>1081442
I went to India as a missionary, and one of the women said she would not return to the slums because of how sad and dirty they were. Another woman slept with a different guy, or at least romanced, every other week. There was one woman who, upon arriving, was possessed by a demon and could not leave her room for three days. One woman cried like a bitch over two elderly whose children abandoned them and were waiting for them to die, so they could legally claim the shack the elderly housed in.

Women cannot travel.
>>
>>1081476
This, at least the ones I travel with. I do make sure I'm not travelling with Princess Luxury Queen.
>>
>>1081461
>be ex-infantry
>dislike sleeping rough and climbing mountains because it just feels like being back at work

It ruined everything for me.
>>
>>1081517
Yeah, a coworker and I backpacked and trekked through Myanmar together. Most of our coworkers were surprised as we were not extremely close. But this woman was chill as fuck. Street food and strong beer, power outages, bucket showers, no showers, washing clothes in a sink. She had so many awesome stories of back packing through SE Asia and Nepal 20 years ago. Best friends now and I know we will travel again.
>>
>>1081437
>My boys

Douchebag detected.
>>
I met a few girls on my travels who were pretty decent travel buddies. Those girls could hold their own. I met them in hostels though so they were into that lifestyle.

Most women I know are exactly like OP and others here describe them. Luxury > actual travel. It's why women bloggers write articles about emotional aspects of travel and post pictures of them sitting on a beach while men write about the awesome adventures they're up to and post photos of climbing mountains...
>>
Kind of just sounds like you're both insufferable extremes on opposite ends of the spectrum. She's a pampered twat who doesn't want to take any kinds of risks or be outside her comfort zone for a second, and you're a posturing, try-hard, RealTravelerâ„¢ who wants what he thinks is the authentic experienceâ„¢ so he can be smug about it later.

Bro, seriously, canned food? Unless this is exclusively a camping trip, or something--you're going to blame your girl for getting sick of canned food?
>>
but you also don't like us when we're hairy, smelly, fat and act strong. make up your mind.

most dudes I've met try to convince me how I want a warm bed and expensive hotel and how my legs will hurt from hiking. if they're persistent enough I give up because I realize they're the princesses, but it's easier to label me girly then to label yourself as a faggot princess (no offence to actual faggot princesses, you're fabulous).
>>
File: 1388761339333.jpg (106 KB, 764x1024) Image search: [Google]
1388761339333.jpg
106 KB, 764x1024
>all women are the same
>>
>>1081441
Do you bitches just scour 4chan looking for something to bitch back at?
>>
>>1081546
you can carry a 75lbs backpack but you can't stand a woman bitching teehee so stronk
>>
>>1081476
Those women must reek. Women need to Maiya in hygiene or they spoil very quickly.

Like opening a tuna sandwich
>>
File: 1455460302881.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1455460302881.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>1081437
>I don't like traveling with my gf, so I'm going to give up traveling.

look at you, little bitch

the last sentence confirms what a bitch you are.

That's why she didn't respect you. also you assume that she will automatically adjust to your level of ruggedness. Real fucking romantic, splitting a can of beans over a campfire next to some onramp. If she's not a Real Traveler (and believe me Real Traveler chicks are unattainable) you can't force her to sleep in a cave, normies don't like to do that kind of thing.

Find a new partner, and again, stop being such a little bitch that you try to morph the one you have into the one you want, cuz it ain't happening beta.

Now go break your leg so a tour guide can take your woman to a hotel room as a friendly gesture.
>>
>>1081446
>this is how most girls are
While I'm not disagreeing with you, you should start looking for better ones
>>
>>1081451
>Why would you sleep uncomfortably and eat shit when you can afford better?
This. I don't get it. Live within your means, however that is at home. If you have to live in a tent to afford to travel, then maybe you can't really afford to travel (or travel for that length of time).
Some people are immature about life, about money, about budgeting, for sure. And, some are entitled to a standard of living that befits their parents and their hard earned savings and good educational choices. now! now! now! But, it could be that you're a cheapass all the same. I had a millionaire grandfather that used to grit his teeth if anyone ordered dessert or an appetizer, or dared not to order the cheapest item on the menu. He was secretly disapproving your spendthrift habits. That's one extreme, but he would never stay in a tent with a woman. He'd upgrade a touch because if she's happy, you're happy. Do you see the wisdom?

Anyway, try making her watch the money, versus you being this person doling it out, controlling all, and making all decisions Get her to consider the ability to dine out from a grocery at lunch, grab a fruit and salami for snack vs something you didn't think out, to save more for a nicer dinner, not just to keep money in the pocket for some arbitrary sacrifice of pain. Every third day get a nice hotel with a chance to swim and chill, or gorge out at breakfast for calories all day. Carrying all your shit and having your back hurts makes a person irritable, if they're immature and entitled. It doesn't make you a better person, though, just someone living like a bum because you're cheap. It's 2016, tents are for national parks and, yea, hikes.
>>
>>1081542
You seem too "empowered" and it's a turnoff for most guys. If you ever want to land a husband, that you'd want and not a nu-male beta feminist orbiter, stop with this tomboy act. It's not impressing anybody.
>>
>>1081580
You know you can spot wash, right?
>>
File: r9k.jpg (78 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
r9k.jpg
78 KB, 500x500
>>1081437
OP in a nutshell except about travel.

I'm a guy and have been camping plenty and I still would prefer his GFs holiday do his.

If you're not using your GF OP, I'll take her away for a trip.
>>
>>1081521
Really? Being infantry made everything better for me because it showed me things can always be worse. Im even going to Afghanistan this coming summer to see a bit of it for real. Obviously not where I deployed, but still a bucket list trip I cant wait to do.
>>
>>1081608
I'm in the Marines. I have been in the field with woman for an extended period of time. They bleed and shit. They need more than a spot wash to be fuckable. And why else are you bringing a woman across the world on vacation if you're not fucking them?
>>
>>1081437
Not all women are like that, but seriously
>Go to a historical sector of a city and then complain that your feet hurt
>Get to know a brand new capital of the world and the first shit you do is going to a mall all day
Seriously, unless you're in Monaco or Tokyo or fucking Dubai why the fuck would you want to spend your first day in a brand new city in a fucking mall
>>
>>1081437
lmao
>mfw it was the other way around when I was traveling with my ex

She was cheap as fuck and I'd been traveling too long to be bumming it everwhere
>>
>>1081437

You lost me at comfy beds.
>>
>>1081458

Financially cucked for wanting coffee and not a dog bed? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
File: 1363139808638.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1363139808638.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>>1081632
>why else are you bringing a woman across the world on vacation if you're not fucking them?
>muh boys club
>muh chauvinism
This might surprise you, being as you've chosen a homoerotic faggot twink club as your "profession", but some people actually occasionally prefer female companionship to male companionship. So before you bloviate about jerking your buddies off in the barracks, keep in mind that most men choose to spend their entire life with a female partner, and that life stops being about sex pretty quickly.
>>
>>1081437
Been traveling 3-4 months/year with my gf for 5 years now
>Never complained about hotel quality
>Never tried to force me to go out of my way
>Has only ever backed out of activities if they were legitimately dangerous
>Eh, we don't camp on holidays. We camp on camping trips.
>N/A, #eatingdisorder
>Has spent more time carrying my pack than I've spent carrying hers
Only downside of travelling with her is that 80% of the days we won't leave the bed until 2 in the afternoon ... It's not really a downside.
Only other girl I've been traveling was a German hottie that I spent one trip travelling with and, again, it was perfect. She had no worries roughing it. Hell, she was the one that suggested hitchhiking.

Just get better girls
>>
Agree that it's all about finding the right girl.

I go hiking, hitchhiking, camping and cycle touring with mine and more often than not she's the one that says "let's camp here", "let's take the cheaper room" or "let's cook instead of going out".

The only gender related trouble comes from the usual female habit of creating drama. Example while cycling up a mountain:
"Anon your route is annoying"
>Why we chose this together
"You're the worst boyfriend ever"
>Why
"Because you complain so much"
>I never even once complained today
"I don't love you anymore"
>lol
"Bring me some candy!!!"

Eventually I lost it and called her out on being a bitch and cycled off. Apologized to each other later and she admitted that the uphill and weather made her angry and she wanted to vent it out at me.
But as said, women creating drama is normal, dealing with it is Relationship 101.
>>
Sounds like you need to not date a bitch tbqh.
>>
>this thread

Its like i can browse /r9k/ without leaving the comfort of my /trv/!
>>
>>1081701
Umm, I will have been married 14 years this summer, actually. I fucked my wife for a good deal of time last night and twice this morning. When I first woke up, and again before leaving for work. Don't believe the sex stops when you're married meme. Same Marine dude. And I prefer female companionship, too. Most of my friends are actually women. Still not bringing them on vacation
>>
I wouldn't say it's necessarily only women though.

I know some girls that backpack and are happy to sleep wherever is warm enough in winter.

And I also know some guys that only accept high end hotels. Like my boyfriend who decided to cancel our reservation in a small cosy 4 star hotel and moved to a Marriott few minutes later. "Just because"
I guess it's how people were raised and also how tired are they.

I wouldn't mind sleeping in a cheaper hotel as long as it's safe, but I would fucking hate to go out at night. To each its own I guess.
>>
>>1081606
see what I mean :^)
I have a boyfriend and we're very happy. I am a tomboy, but I'm not a dude. I can wear dresses and heels, I just prefer hiking and hearthstone.

but listen to this: two of my male friends just went to amsterdam. they are staying for 3 days. rented an apartment in the city center, wouldn't take the train from Eindhoven, they wanted to land IN amsterdam etc. they already blew over 700e just on all those reservations. and they're going there to do a lot of drugs.
I got to stay for a week in amsterdam and my trip expenses were around 300e.
it's not about being empowered or landing a husband, it's about planning your trip.
>>
>>1081516
>was possessed by a demon
story time anon
>>
/out/ here. Never NEVER go canoeing with your gf. It's not worth it. Neither if you will be happy at the end of the day.
>>
I just got done with a two week road trip with a women. Man, they bring a lot of problems with them, their a straight up liability! If your not having sex with them, leave them behind. I mean even if you are you could have so much more fun without them.
>>
>>1081794
The fact that you would keep up such a facade shows that you are a sad, broken, little bitch of a boy. Your wife is a whore and you haven't fucked her in weeks, you're sad, lonley, angry and repressed. You fool nobody.
>>
File: 20160217_205313.jpg (5 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160217_205313.jpg
5 MB, 5312x2988
>>1081965
Sounds like you're projecting bitch boy. As far as travel, not counting mini trips (like went to Jacksonville, FL last weekend, going to a comedy show in Columbus GA, next weekend, have a weekend in ATL, and some time in NC coming up, as well) when we married we agreed to a minimum of 3 trips each a year. One together (this year we are going a 7 day cruise around Memorial Day), one trip with kids (will either do Disney World or a cruise with them in the fall/winter. Last year we did Universal Studios and Busch Gardens), and a trip without the other, solo or with friends. My trip will be the Dominican Republic with a guy friend, it was Thailand with a different friend but decided to keep it closer to home. Was a couple weeks in the Middle East last year, and that was December.

Hoping to get my next duty station in Japan, Middle East, or Europe so can travel more often. Going through my checklist now for the cruise, in fact. I'm on travel.state.gov in another tab right now.
>>
>>1081883
This man speaks truth
>>
>>1081794
>I fucked my wife for a good deal of time last night and twice this morning. When I first woke up, and again before leaving for work. Don't believe the sex stops when you're married meme.

Ew dude. How can you or your dick stand that much sex. My gf and I do it once or twice a week. We could do more but choose not too. Idk, everyone's different but sex just feels better if you don't do it as much.

Twice in a morning and the previous night? My dick would just be sore.
>>
>>1081437
Im traveling with a girl right now (not my gf)
Never had any of these problems, we both keep it as cheap as possible and she never complains
>>
>>1081516
I know a male who didn't last a week when he arrived in New Delhi because he was so horrified by the poverty. I know multiple men who try/do have sex with an excessive amount of people abroad. I know men who believe/do stupid things whilst overseas. This has nothing to do with gender.
>>
>>1081632
Companionship? Jesus Christ I am so fucking sick of this chauvinistic rubbish.
>>
>>1082094
Men and women are not friends. If a man has a female friend he was trying to fuck her and ended up in the friend zone. But if she offered he'd be on it in a minute
>>
>>1082070
Low test confirmed? A couple of times a week? People masturbate more than that.

Well, I didn't have sex last night, but will probably wake her up and poke her after I write this. Especially since her alarm went off and she went back to sleep after waking the kids up. (Yesterday she said she was going to start getting up when the alarm goes off at 6, vice staying in bed).

I use to last a longer when younger. My record is 20+ hours, in the barracks, MLK weekend with my future wife at 19. From around 7pm one night to 5pm the next, with a small nap around 0200. Who knows how long I would have went had someone not knocked on my door. When I was younger I still maintained an erection after I came so could keep going. Now a days I need recovery time between rounds. I think the biggest reason I can last/get it up is just focusing on the person I'm with, not myself. Multiple times a day is not an everyday thing, though, but me and my wife do have sex close to daily. If we aren't it's pointing to other issues in the marriage

You can subscribe to my blog at....
>>
>>1081620
Well it showed me the same thing, but it still doesn't make me want to go camping. I'd rather sleep under a roof and smugly think about how I'm not sleeping on rocks and getting bitten by ants.

I actually did the same thing you're planning, I went back to Afghanistan a month ago (to the safer part). It was good to see the country a different way. Still didn't climb any fucking mountains though.
>>
>>1082099
Idk, I'm pals with this fat black chick. Not at all sexually attracted to her but she's a good time and makes me laugh all the time. You're kind of douche, bro.

>>1082101
Low test confirmed? A couple of times a week?

More like, the reasons I already said. Sex feels better and is more exciting when you don't do it all the time. But way to decry self control and the ideology of quality over quantity. It feels way better if you go a week without doing it. Ditto masturbation. Just because I'm not a rabbit doesn't mean I'm low test man.
>>
>>1082104
If it's a long gap, like more than 3 days. It's not quality, to me though. It's too sensitive, too quick, a worse overall experience.
>>
>>1081442
Bitches gonna bitch.
>>
>>1081443

>possessed by a demon for 3 days
>menstruation
>>
File: 1442579447977.jpg (34 KB, 355x236) Image search: [Google]
1442579447977.jpg
34 KB, 355x236
OP, I know exactly how do you feel.
I traveled once with a lesbian friend. I thought it will ok, she will think and act like a boy, but still have a pussy, but it was terrible.
Everything should be like her wish. "Hey, we are in a new country, let's try some traditional food", "No, let's eat on Subway, because I love it :'3". She got tired very fast, she wanted to take pictures everywhere because she thought she is a photo pro because her overpriced camera, she was in her period and couldn't walk fast/carry have bags, she had a very bad taste at women and she slept a lot (we lose a train because that).
And she was very emotional unstable, she cried many times for almost nothing.

Traveling alone is much better.
>>
>>1081794
>married 14 years
>I fucked my wife for a good deal of time last night and twice this morning
Who do you think you're fooling bud? Stop wasting everyone's time reading your bullshit
>>
>>1082092
Back2Tumblr bitch
>>
>>1081437
> be me and friends (2 grills)
> go into french alps during summer
> 'tomorrow we're gonna hike this trail m8s'
> 1 hour into trail
> my back hurts. I have a sensitive back
> I'm tired. I'm hungry. Guys please wait, i'm gonna faint if you keep this up
> turn back to hotel
> at night, grills are dancing 3 hours in disco

fuck that shit. Never again indeed
>>
>>1081456
But you feel the need to push your hobo lifestyle, values and ideas onto some unsuspecting person who never asked for it?

Yeah, you sound real chill bro. In any event, stuff like this is obviously discussed before you leave, but fuck mang, you sound stupid
>>
>>1082101
20 hours ahahaahhahaaaaaaaaa
>>
How fucking stupid do you have to be to go traveling with someone you hardly know? Her gender isn't the problem, her personality and attitude are.

Or is this like a nerd humblebrag thing? "Guys a GRILL came traveling with me. Bitches and whires, amirite?" Sad.
>>
>>1081606
Sometimes I forget what site I'm on. Thanks for reminding me
>>
>>1082101
Your facade has a few cracks in it. Your empty boasting falls on disappointed ears.

You are nothing.

Nothing but another bullshitter on the internet. Possibly a manlet, too. What's the point of lying, even? Do you tell yourself that someone, somewhere will believe your lies? Does it make you feel like somebody?

You're truly worthless. 20 hours. My god. What a deranged faggot you are to make up something like that.
>>
>>1082269
> what is tantric sex
>>
>>1082101
>My record is 20+ hours

>A-are the people on the internet impressed yet?

Your exaggeration and peacocking aside, we are clearly different people and there's nothing wrong that. I just really don't consider myself to be "low test" for having sex once or twice a week. And I'm different than you. Going a week doesn't make me spurt in 2 seconds. Idk, everyone's different.
>>
>>1082278
if you're going to reply to obvious trolls, at least be deflecting and passive aggressive.
>>
File: kitten.jpg (145 KB, 960x800) Image search: [Google]
kitten.jpg
145 KB, 960x800
>>1081811
>>1081864
Er... ladies... can... we... see... THEM?
Can we see them?
Please!
Please!
>>
>>1082099
What a sad, miserable life you must live.
>>
>>1081987
Sounds like you have it figured out. I'm happy for you, anon. Here's to more happy wedded years together
>>
>>1081437
I know that fe- I wait, no, no I don't know that feel. I only travel with bros or tour guides with benefits.

Sorry about your shit trip anon, but that's what you get for traveling with a western woman.

Just last week I creampied a Thai chick on a beach. Shit was cash. Highly recommend it.
>>
>>1082350
Good move sherlock, she'll be contacting you on facebook and moving to your country with a caramel colored baby dumbass

Condoms, highly reccomend it
>>
>>1082367
Thailand and the US don't enforce each other's child support orders. Having said that you're adorable if you think she knows my real name.
>>
File: lonelyamongus_hd_226.jpg (264 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
lonelyamongus_hd_226.jpg
264 KB, 1440x1080
This is happening to me right now op. Am going to Vietnam in a month with my gf and 3 of her friends.
Im pretty much going to Vietnam to shop and hang out on the beach. im not sure why they didn't just go to California.

> anon this hotel you picked is a 20 minute walk to downtown and there is barely any space to hang out. price 250$ total for the week for all 5 of us. with me / gf on the couch bed .
> next day they booked a hotel 1000$ in the heart of downtown - 200$ per person. Keep in mind im the only one with a job here, they are all in college yet they need a place with a pool , 4 bedrooms , and a full kitchen.
> Anon the trains are un safe we are going to stay in the city
> Anon we dont want to hike on vacation...plus we cant take the train and taxis wont take us that far
> anon were right next to the beach , we really dont need to go out of the city.
> anon why dont you want to want to plan out restaurants / clubs
> idk if i trust street food anon.

Ive traveled with some of my college friends before some of them girls for 2 months in japan on the poor mans budget and had a blast. hostels , public transportation, nature and walking are to scary for my gfs friends though.
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 1000x791) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 1000x791
>>1082094
>being friends with a woman
>>
>>1081864

>hearthstone

ugh how ugly can you possibly be?
>>
>>1082392
>my gf
okay

>and 3 of her friends
>they're all unemployed
you made your own bed, anon.
>>
>>1082392
Why does it matter if they are unemployed, they're footing their own bill, right? You're not getting cucked into this, right?
>>
>>1082371
You got a dumb one, not to say they aren't hard to find, but I know chicks who make sure to get a peek at your passport and/or ID and will even take a pic. A child support case can be opened in the US against you, from Thailand, but it is expensive. Usually only feasible if the dude is loaded or military, since the checks are pretty much guaranteed.
>>
>>1082396
>>1082397
I definitely did this to myself, but i had no idea at the time it would be this bad. I've traveled with woman before but this is some stereotypical shit that is happening.

I think it matters that there unemployed because there footing the bill with there parents money and still will not travel without amenities ...it paints a picture of a who im travelling with
>>
>>1082392
That sucks man.
I had a Thai gf for a couple years who was outdoorsy as fuck. We were both traveling so it ended but I got to see so many amazing parts of thailand, vietnam, laos, Cambodia.
Next girlfriend was a great girl, claimed to love nature, but absolutely hated being in it based off of the few times she reluctantly went camping with me. Every time she went home early.

If you meet girls roughing it on the road, they are gonna be fun. But 9 times out of 10 it's much better to go out with your bros!
>>
why are there so many fucking welfare princess militaryfaggots here?
>>
>>1081441
>if you can't handle me at my worst hurr hurr when did this become sexier than this
this is why I just go to prostitutes now
>>
>>1082580
>has never came across the military expat/traveler
>>
He man woman haters club, please stop ruining /trv/

Thanks
>>
>>1082580
Stay jelly, robot.
>>
>>1081585
>that fucking Jew
get the fuck out reddit
>>
>>1082619
xDD he said jew amirite guise :DDDD
>>
>>1082318
>posts a kitten to disguise how pervert and degenerate he is

We have a professional here
>>
I bet a lot of these "girls are the best travel buddies" guys are the same ones who think that dude didn't get cucked by the Peruvian travel guide.
>>
>>1081454
You sound like a fucking peasant.
>>
>>1081540
>>1082174

Travelling is not about staying in luxurious hotels and eating in fancy restaurants. I've had the best trips and adventures when I used couchsurfing, hitchhiked and even panhandled on the street once for money. Get out of your comfort zone and experience an authentic adventure instead of being a pampered tourist. Whenever I travel with my girlfriend we usually eat out in restaurants and staying in hotels rather than hostels or couchsurf or sleep outside. It's enjoyable during the moment but these are not the trips that I will be telling my kids about.
>>
>>1083112

Spoiled child detected. I bet you would have a mental breakdown and cry if you lost your wallet and phone abroad
>>
Get a girlfriend that shares your interests.

I use to travel with my older brother, who'd be a hiking, outdoors type. Whereas I like cities and events. It took a lot of compromising.

My boyfriend is the same, thankfully. And we're both cheap as hell, so it's a great mix.

If you like outdoors, heavy lifting type of travelling, and your girlfriend is only doing it because you want to, you have to expect to carry her through it, idiot.
>>
>>1083116
Bavaria pls leave
>>
>>1083114
Personally I like travelling both ways. I did Cuba on pretty much no money and it was a blast. I saved for over a year for my trip to the UK and stayed in hotels and guest houses and ate at pubs and fancy restaurants and rented a car and the like. Both trips were different, but both were great. These days I usually go somewhere in the middle, though.
>>
>>1081454
$75/night sounds pretty average for a hotel man.
>>
File: 0.png (138 KB, 400x411) Image search: [Google]
0.png
138 KB, 400x411
>All these triggered, pampered whores responding ITT

Hey you, yes you. How does it feel to be a worthless cunt?
>>
I remember when /trv/ was more able to avoid replying to obvious trolling.
>>
>>1083116
>and your girlfriend is only doing it because you want to, you have to expect to carry her through it, idiot.

What a passive aggressive cunt you are. If she's doing it because of her boyfriend, then she shouldn't half-ass it, because that's enjoyable for neither. When somebody does something that's commonly said "doing it for you" it's implied they will at least try and put some effort in, otherwise it's just dead weight that nags and guilt trips you into everything. Simply fuck off.
>>
>>1083139
I'm sorry you can't take responsibility for forcing your girlfriend to do something, familia.

I'm not saying she's not a pussy for not just saying fuck no, but you're idiot if you didn't expect it.
>>
>>1083115
Lol. No. I just don't feel the need to travel 1,000s of miles abroad and eat canned ChefBoyArdee. Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>1081454
>>1081454

Haha what the actual fuck bro.
>muh canned food

Dining/local cuisine is one of the greatest joys of traveling.

You're a fucking we blanket pathetic poorfag, OP. I'm laughing at you.
>>
If your girlfriend doesnt share the same interests as you then it is never going to work out. If she likes nice hotels and fancy dining and you think that it is a waste of money then that is a fundamental difference that you will probably never overcome.

I went on a trip with a male friend once. He showed up with almost no money and blew it all on stupid shit right away. Gender doesnt really matter, everybody has to be together or it will go bad.
>>
>>1083382

The fact that this dude is insisting on canned food and that 75 bucks a night is expensive, it honestly sounds more like he's just a pathetic cheap-ass than she is some pampered princess.

Not wanting to eat Spaghetti-Os on your vacation doesn't mean you're pampered and difficult.
>>
>>1082580
Grow a pair pussy
>>
>>1082405

Yeah you did fuck up. I wouldn't expect to have fun in Vietnam or any south east asian country with my gf or girls. Those places are best travelled with your best friends. Cheap whores and cheap liqour all around.

I'm Vietnamese and was there a couple years ago. Vietnam is actually expensive as fuck these days. Thailand is much better.
>>
I've seen every fu...ing bridge in venice two times. My ex gf dragged me through nearly every big city in europe. Hate her, blistered feet and less sex.
When I was having fun with my guys on croatian beach, she cheated me in milan. Now she is fat, cancelled university, got an unemployed loser and a kid, charma babe!
>>
>>1083299

You do realize that when you travel to another country you can try new food without going to a restaurant? Nobody said anything about bringing canned food from yankland you autist.

>>1083387

75 bucks a night is expensive when you can find a perfectly normal room for 30-40.
>>
>>1083409
>jew
ever seen a jew on a motorcycle? me neither
>>
>>1083376
I can understand to eat canned food when in czech rep, burgerland or netherlands though
>>
>>1081864
Hearthstone player too, hey?

I'm a female. I hope I can be a chill traveler like you one day.

I've just started traveling regularly, and I have a lot to learn. I'm taking my boyfriend to Edinburgh for my birthday and bless him, he's my princess who doesn't want to stay in the hostels and despises the coach. When we went to London not long back I had to carry the heavier bag for the majority of the trip because he wasn't used to long days of walking. He's a delicate nerd, but he has the desire to travel more intensively. He's younger than me, and I believe he'll learn that traveling requires patience and planning.
A lot of voices in this thread are highly negative, but I think there is some truth to avoiding being too spoiled as a traveler. As a female I would never want to become an emotional burden or have my hygiene cause issues. And I don't want to be held back in exploring because I'm a female either.
>>
>>1081528
>not mentioning if you had intercourse or not
>>
File: 1431162525041.png (171 KB, 500x943) Image search: [Google]
1431162525041.png
171 KB, 500x943
>date gf for 4 years
>shes average build azn
>live together for 1 year
>she starts geting slightly chubby
>hng anon do you still like me...
>yeah wtf you look fine its nbd
>its true she looked fine just chubby for asian standards
>ffw to another year, she's lost a ton of weight, looking great thin, has almost abs
>breaks up with me for vague reason (grades bad, gotta move to motherland cause parent say so, lol bye. All via text)
>im easy going so i say ok i understand , cya
>she dates someone within a month
>prior to that she would complain how guys from her country would never date someone who was as "fat" as she was (before she got thin)

I had a feeling whenver she'd go back to her country for the summer she was seeing some korean guy (she korean) but since that was 3 months only i never thought of it too much, One time she goes and has to stay cause shitty grades and lo-and-behold there is some guy just waiting to date her

idk familia i'm getting pretty distrustful of people. I'm "naive" i suppose since i tend to believe people aren't inherently out to back stab you but jesus the people i've met seem to end up doing that.
I'm just a bitter man that keeps to himself now

/endblogpost
>>
>>1084240
Oh sorry forgot to mention how this relates to OP's post
>travel with her tons
>everytime we go she says shit like how we can save money, blah blah blah, im all for it
>"Anon i want to check out that restaurant it looks so good!"
>its hard as fuck to say no to your gf when you're travelling , in order to prevent the trip turning sour
>Now any money we saved on the trip gets spent eating out/doing things

Women seem to be all talk but are greedy by nature. Don't travel with them unless you are prepared to spend dosh

Are white girls that same way?
>>
>>1081987
>soldier
>writes walls of text trying to prove how well off he is on 4chan

keep at it anon, the road to good self esteem is an arduous one, but constant effort is key.
good luck!
>>
File: trolling meant something.jpg (48 KB, 470x600) Image search: [Google]
trolling meant something.jpg
48 KB, 470x600
/trv/ used to be smarter than this
>>
>>1081437
Here's where you fucked up OP. I know it's a strange and new concept....

ASK THE BITCH WHAT SHE EXPECTS OUT OF THE TRIP.

Don't tell her what you do at all. This way she doesn't just tell you what you want to hear. It'll give you a chance to get an idea of what you *might* be getting into.

Then fucking take her on a test trip. Nothing big. This way you can see if she can handle the backpacks and roughing it in the way that you want.

I'm going on a trip later this year and I've been working out to make sure I keep up with my girlfriend. She's done this trip a bunch of times and it'll be my first time. She's minimalist as fuck.

>>1083376
THIS right here. One of the fun things about travelling is trying the food that is served locally. OP's fault for not finding a cheap food vendor.
>>
File: 1397053580200.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1397053580200.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>>1084242
>its hard as fuck to say no to your gf when you're travelling , in order to prevent the trip turning sour
Holy fuck, this. Not gonna jump on all the bullshit chauvinism in this thread, but I've had this experience more times than I can count. Even if it's something petty like a choice of restaurant, some girls will permanently be in a bad mood if you shoot them down.

Had a moment about half a year ago when I was in borneo with my current girlfriend. She's a photographer, and she wanted me to take a few pictures of her on the beach before we left to go eat. Okay, no problem. I take a picture, she looks at it - not good enough. Take another one, and another, and another...this went on for so long, it was like a seinfeld episode or something. I must have taken 20 pictures of her and she kept saying that the picture was shit and that I need to take another. After ten minutes I politely asked her if we could just go eat and not spend the entire evening taking the same picture over and over again. She was bitchy the entire rest of the night "you know I like to take pictures, I'm never gonna be here again in my life, why do we always have to do what you want to do" etc...

Had an almost identical experience visiting the botanical gardens in singapore about a month later. She's walking around taking about a dozen pictures of every fucking blade of grass in the place, meanwhile I'm standing there like an asshole twiddling my thumbs. Can't even try to make conversation because she gets mad at me for distracting her. Eventually I asked if we could just go through the place without stopping every five steps, and of course that set her off. She was pissed at me the rest of the day, even at dinner which was like six hours after the "argument". What the fuck
>>
>>1084653
sounds like my dad, except you say 20 pics, with my dad it's hundreds
>>
>>1084653
Tell her some bullshit that you want to live "in the moment" and you want a camera and tech free trip. Like a tech cleanse. Then if she wants to do a photography trip to do it on her own or with friends.
>>
File: qt-hey-qt-xl.jpg (131 KB, 480x410) Image search: [Google]
qt-hey-qt-xl.jpg
131 KB, 480x410
>>1084665

How else is she going to post about it on social media?

>know two girls
>they take some generic 3 week Euro trip
>talk to each of them separately when they get back
>both hated it
>at each others throats the whole time
>still post shitty generic photos about their trip today almost 2 years after it happened

Women do interesting stuff to tell people about all the interesting stuff they do, not to actually do interesting stuff.
>>
>>1084669
>generic euro trip with women
I am considering doing another 3 week trip with this type of female. I've been there once and there are lots of warnings about how shitty this could be here but I'm probably going to do it anyway.

Is there anywhere as exciting but less cliche to go?
>>
>>1084678
Iran or Morocco . Then she'll have to listen to you.

:^)

I'd avoid the rest of the MENA at the moment though.
>>
>>1084678

Just don't go into it with high expectations. Realize you're going to have to do stuff and spend money on things you don't want. It'll be just like normal life with a women, lots of compromise, just in Europe instead.
>>
>>1084683
You're probably meming but Morocco actually sounds like a good stop. Is Egypt safe to visit now?
>>
>>1084678
Good luck buddy. I'd say bring a DS, PSP, or a book and prepare to cringe. Or just fucking leave them alone and do your own stuff. Then meet up with them later.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 952x1306) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 952x1306
>>1084669
You gotta dress up your bullshit in buzzwords that girls eat up. "Organic, Natural, cleanse" etc. This way you'll have more of a chance to have them eat it up. Like make some memes that looks like the "justgirlythings" memes that talks about technology cleanses.

>"Oh Cumdumpster, when I go on trips, I take a technology cleanse. It just makes the whole experience just pop and feel so much more natural."

>"Being without tech while being somewhere new is just like old school travelling. Keeping things like so vintage is like a weight off my shoulders."

Then to REALLY lay on the no internet rule thick you could suggest taking film cameras to make it feel really "old school". It'll limit them from spamming the fuck out of photos and really make sure each photo counts.
>>
I've never had a girlfriend but I've been on group hikes with girls and worked outdoors with girls and sure all of this is true but I'm so bored of travelling alone.
>>
I just remembered that flight we cancelled to new york and even lost money because the hotel was "cheap-ish" and she was paranoid there were going to be bed bugs... jesus christ fuck off
>>
>>1084684
>>1084687
Thanks for the advice guys. So is it just comfort-seeking lame personalities that cause them to be so bad or is it just the combination of new places and a vagina
>>
File: 1405673242497.png (18 KB, 569x423) Image search: [Google]
1405673242497.png
18 KB, 569x423
>>1084665
but photography is her passion m8
don't you know that she's right on her breakthrough on instagram?
>>
>>1084691
After that we always kept constantly planing but never traveled again fuck I'm mad now just remembering, I was such a beta "in love" and just took it.
>>
File: 1456267510673.jpg (307 KB, 758x1052) Image search: [Google]
1456267510673.jpg
307 KB, 758x1052
>>1081701
>>
>>1082104
She likes you then.
>>
>>1081701
lost it, cringed hard.
>>
>>1084697
It may be get passion but she's treating it like work. She needs to separate work time and vacation time.

Maybe suggest film cameras for next time to limit her photos. Dress it up as vintage or some shit.
>>
>>1084709
If that's the case, who cares, I don't like her. And I'm content to be just friends with her. If it ever got to a point where she said she was into me, etc. I'd just tell her, sorry not interested, and if she wasn't okay with that, alright friendship over.

She's a serial Asian boy fucker at any rate, so I don't really think she's thirsty or overly concerned about my D. She gets D.
>>
>>1084665
>>1084688
Yea fucking right, she knows I hate that crap and would call me on it immediately. If anything, she's the one that's into all that natural organic bullshit. To be honesty she's a pretty cool girl to travel with most of the time - doesn't mind staying in hostels, eating shitty, trekking or whatever. But she's in film school and takes it pretty seriously, and sometimes she's just tactless and doesn't realize that she's being a pain in the ass. When we were in Koh Phangan this past summer she wanted to bring her $1000 camera to the beach for the full moon party to take pictures. I was like, you cannot be fucking serious. She's also a bit of a nutjob; she gave me a "spirit stone" she found on the beach - told me to hold it in my hands in a quiet place and see if I could feel any vibrations. When I told her I couldn't, she said I needed to bury it in the dirt under a full moon to let it recharge its energy. I'd be kinda cute if she wasn't such a goddamn retard.
>>
>>1084773
>she was serious about the spirit stone
LOL HOLY SHIT. Please tell me this wasn't just a one time thing, that is fucking hilarious

Also how serious were you before traveling together
>>
>>1084773
That's even better that she knows you hate it. You can make it sound like such a big sacrifice and you're trying to do something that is "aww, so sweet" for her.
>>
>>1084762
She doesn't want dick, she wants you anon.
>>
>>1084773
Bitch cray, run anon
>>
>>1084973
I bet it's some grade a pussy, though
>>
Just wanted to pop into this thread to say koreans are the opposite of japanese people.
Do not travel with a non-americanized korean.
>posting cause i saw that korean gf story
it's true. all of it, + worse
>>
>>1084240
My gf is fat by Asian standards, but average build for the west
>>
>>1081437
>>1081454
Why the fuck didn't you talk about it before travelling with her? Women don't necessarily want to rough it, they usually want to be clean and comfortable and there's nothing inherently wrong with that. Not wanting to live on canned food is reasonable, and so is wanting to stay in hotels (75 bucks is fucking cheap). There is, however, something wrong with choosing to travel with someone who's incompatible with your idea of a good trip, and that's just as much your fault as it is hers.
>>
File: 20140810_055637.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20140810_055637.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
>>1084801
I think that specifically is the weirdest thing I can remember her doing, but she does similar crap all the time. Like I said, it's kind of endearing in a naive/patronizing way (sort of like a little kid giving you some shitty card as a present). We had dated for little over a year before we started traveling. She's studying film production for undergrad, and I'm working on my masters, so we have some time off each year to plan trips (on a tight budget of course).

I posted this picture a little while ago in one of those "favorite pictures thread". When we were on Koh Phangan, one morning she woke up at like, 5AM and wanted to go to the beach to take pictures. She said I didn't have to come with her, but yea fucking right I'm letting her walk around the island at the crack of dawn. You can kinda see the silhouette of a girl in the picture - I just sat down on the sand and watched her wade out into the water and take pictures. She was out there for well over an hour. It was annoying as fuck at the time, like holy shit bitch it's one fucking beach how many pictures can you take? But in retrospect it was beautiful, peaceful and is one of my favorite memories of the trip.

>>1084963
Yea I mean, it's funny to think about but really that would be a rotten thing to do. She loves to take pictures and it's one of the major reasons she likes to travel in the first place - I wouldn't want to try and con her into having to leave her camera behind just because it annoys me. Traveling with someone, even if you're not in a relationship, is always about compromise and patience. I know I have more than a handful of obnoxious travel quirks; I'm beyond irritable when I'm hungry, get lost easily, don't plan enough for each trip out of arrogance or laziness, too stubborn when our plans don't work out, etc... It's frustrating but I think that makes the trip that much more interesting.

anyways
>dear diary
>>
>>1085160
>
You seem like a cool guy.
>>
>>1081533
autist with no friends and social life detected
>>
>>1081864
eh, would prob hang with
>>
>>1084773
>doesn't know how to activate his spirit stone.

>probably doesn't even activate his almonds.

my wife is like that. its pretty cool most of the time except she literally believes anything i tell her so it ruins some jokes. and sometimes i have to be careful about what i joke about it because she might believe me and do something dangerous.
>>
>>1081437
Either tell her straight or just quit the relationship. Don't be some obedient bitch but also dont be the controlling one. Try to level it when it comes to travelling.
>>
>>1081437
nah i've traveled with girls and had a great time, yours just sucks. You can't put canned food and sleeping bags on intsaram.
>>
>>1081443
solo is the way to go
>>
>>1081437
>Being mad because your traveling partner doesn't want to live like a hobo
>>
>>1085472
Dad travlr, is that you?
>>
>>1082174

Back to /b/
>>
>>1081701

this si the lamest thing ive ever read

if you meant it sincerely, watch some Clint Eastwood movies or something and grow a pair
>>
File: 1356851065576.png (257 KB, 641x481) Image search: [Google]
1356851065576.png
257 KB, 641x481
>>1081437
I can commiserate OP, though we traveled in-country.

We were travelling out of state for the weekend and she had her heart set on this cabin available through AirBnB, like $200/night. I had to talk her off a ledge with that one and convince her that that money was better spent on other things (food, concerts, sightseeing, etc.), and she finally agreed to get a cheap hotel. Would've set us back $600 because we were spending 3 nights there, and that's just an insane amount of money for a weekend trip two states away. Ended up getting a cheap hotel, no amenities, for $70/night and she was pleased to see that we could use the leftover money for everything else, so mission accomplished, right?

Well, first night in the hotel she had a panic attack because the room was smaller than our bedroom and "smelled funny." The mattress didn't feel right, the TV had no channels, and she felt disgusted to use the bathroom (bitch held it in until the morning and refused to shower). I tried everything I could to help make it more comfortable for her, but I guess I just had a higher tolerance for this shit (I've slept in cars on the side of the highway, on rocky boatdecks, camped a million times, etc.)

She complained enough and was so miserable I ended up calling a different, much more expensive hotel around 2am that night (two hours after we settled in) to ask for any available rooms, and just paid for it on the credit card. It improved her attitude and mood tenfold the next day because the new hotel provided us with a separate living room, a walk in closet, room service, etc. and it made the trip much, much easier, but if that wasn't one of the major signs to me of "gtfo of this relationship" I don't know what else would be.

I grew up shoving all six family members into cheap motel rooms sleeping on cots or two separate pup tents so we could enjoy the vacation on a budget, but apparently she came from a different stock. Glad I found out when I did, though. What a bitch.
>>
File: 1456063136951.jpg (17 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1456063136951.jpg
17 KB, 225x225
>>1081437
>be in college
>traveling abroad with friends and peers as part of weekend travel program
>professors are content having us crash at a hostel
>men stay up late on the town, we all make sure we're taken care of and come back to the hostel late at night, sometimes with girls or other guys we've met
>stay up drinking, playing cards, making friends, etc.
>women from college first come out with us, but slowly disappear across the city as night goes on
>they come back later than we do, all separate and at different times
>every one of them brings back some random dude she starts banging the second they get into the hostel room
>one girl from our group never returns from her night out on the town
>still missing in the morning
>professors start losing their minds
>hours later she finally shows up at some random coffee shop we're at with a pack of scary foreign dudes
>acts like nothing happened
>bitch is still like 18 years old in a place where she doesn't even speak the language, probably had $20 in their currency on her and a credit card
>professors give her the "that was unsafe, you could've been hurt or worse!" talk
>girl doesn't give a fuck and has the guys sit down with us to eat
>all the women warm up to these dudes and start inviting them out with us
>all of us guys know this can't go anywhere good
>this girl is a hero to the other women, but because of her we now have to call in every hour to check in with professors
>girls all go out on town again and don't call in like they should
>hanging out with sketchy dudes
>we do our thing and come back to hostel in early morning
>find some of the girls in lobby sobbing
>turns out the group of guys that girl brought back robbed them all and ran off with their shit
>a few of them lost their passports
>rules for our next trip abroad get even stricter

Thanks, ladies. Selfish twats.
>>
>>1081437
I went on a short-stay in Costa Rica and remember having to sleep in a cabin next to the women's cabin. They were totally fine most of the trip, but this one particular night we were in a place that had no creature comforts or utilities to speak of and shit like rats or tarantulas could just crawl over while you were sleeping. That did not bode well for a lot of our group, guys or girls, but I remember one instance in particular.

In the dawn hours, one of the girls discovered a massive spider crawling across her bed. She flipped and ran out of the cabin, sprinting for the beach. The second she hit the water (instead of just sitting on the sand), she saw this massive shark just cruising beneath the water and heading her way. She sprinted all the way back to the cabin screaming at the top of her lungs to get out of there.

It was pretty funny.
>>
>>1081620
>>1082103
What are the safe parts of Afghanistan? Are you guys getting a guide?
>>
>>1081437

>tfw in my relationship I sound like the girl
>>
>>1084980
what korean gf story?
>>
>>1085695
>>1084240
>>
>>1085499
Literally nothing /b/ about it
>>
>>1085652
Got any more?
>>
>>1085864
Stories like that?

Well one other time we were abroad, one of the girls threw a fit because we went to a pizza place that did their own local "spin" on the stuff and it ended having something unusual on it (I believe it was snail?). She hit the roof that they couldn't "do pizza right" and demanded she get her own pizza all to herself with toppings they didn't have that only Americans would eat (pepperoni, sausage, bacon, etc.).

The waiter (and chef) were so offended they asked us all to just leave, even though the rest of us were actually enjoying the food. She ruined that dinner for us so we ditched her at the next restaurant, leaving her to fend for herself. IIRC, we ended up grabbing quiche or something and she had no idea what it was so she walked into a McDonald's and just sat there sulking eating whatever off the value menu.

Going to college with (at the time) young Millennials was hilarious, especially because a lot of them were kids from upper-middle class families who lived in NYC, Boston, etc.
>>
>>1085872
I ordered a pepperoni pizza in Germany before. They gave me a weird look. Ended up being a pizza with peppers on it.
>>
>>1085652

kek. what country was that?
>>
>>1085873
That's what a peperoni pizza is. If you want one with spicy sausage, you order a diavola.
Or that's how it works in Italy, at least.
>>
File: ugu.jpg (45 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
ugu.jpg
45 KB, 960x960
>>1081437
This summer my (now ex) girlfriend got a job working in the UK and I ended up getting a job working here in the States. The summer prior it was reversed, with her in the US and me in the Bahamas.

Just imagine this comparison for a moment.

Me:
>flight to Bahamas was prepaid by my job and set up months in advance because I hounded them to get it done
>still set aside disposable income and grabbed traveler's insurance for the stay
>had an overnight delay that I ended up spending in the Everglades, made the best of the inconvenience
>conversation of her visiting came up, but she said she couldn't do it and that was the end of the discussion
>I had an itinerary sent to me that I had to follow, but was given time to relax which I used to explore, snorkel, take photos, kayak, etc.
>Hit every "local flavor" as much as I could
>met women on the trip and fooled around but was more or less "faithful" to my gf
>sent my girlfriend plenty of postcards, emails, etc., kept in touch with family and friends
>Made friends on the trip that I was close with for the time there, but came back to the US and really only chat with on occasion as my goal was strictly "the job" and my own enjoyment
>came back tanned, slimmer, exhausted, and happy for the experience
>made disgusting mad love to my gf for two weeks straight I missed her so much
>>
>>1086212
continued...

Her:
>flight to England was prepaid by her job, but only last minute as she left it to them to take care of
>she set aside very little money for herself as she didn't want to "overbudget", did not get insurance
>she had an overnight delay that she spent in agony at the airport trying to charge her devices and catch a Wifi signal
>conservation of me visiting came up, I told her "it would be tough" but tried best I could and she came back with "don't bother, I still love you, if our roles were reversed I couldn't come see you - you know that!"
>screamed at me over Skype one week into her trip that I didn't fly out to visit her
>had three extra days at end of her trip she spent sightseeing, but only did what her friends wanted to do and didn't recall much of what she saw
>she had an itinerary that she followed exactly, spent her free time drinking at bars or clubs
>she sought out all the "creature comforts" in the UK, and didn't see the appeal of doing anything "British"
>met men on the trip and constantly fell head over heels for them, absolutely fucked around
>didn't call or talk to her family or me much at all after the second week, ignored all of our postcards and messages
>made "lifelong" friends on the trip who she called "her sisters" and shared everything with, including her gripes about me, and still talked to them constantly after coming back to the US
>came back depressed, 20lbs heavier, and wondering where "her life was going"
>dumped me the day she returned to the US, convinced she was going to have a long term Skype relationship with a British Chad
>>
>>1085652
Probably raped them as well. Who are we kidding, they fucked willingly and then got robbed.
>>
>>1085883
(French) Canada

Accidentally responded to wrong post, but yeah. If you can believe it, it was actually Montreal.
>>
>>1086214
>girl makes dumb and irrational decisions and is a whore
Not a huge surprise here. To be fair though... traveling makes it easier for anyone to be dumb, irrational, and a whore
>>
Completely depends on your girl. My wife is super low maintenance and only draws the line at sleeping in airports and only if announcements are blaring over head every 2 minutes.
>>
>>1086214
>made disgusting mad love to my gf for two weeks straight I missed her so much
>dumped me the day she returned to the US

Which is it?
>>
>>1086246
They were two different trips, a year apart. Learn to read.
>>
>>1085873
Pepperoni IS actually the peppers, and this dates back to when Spaniards first brought the vegetable back to Europe. It quickly became the common name. So in Europe (not sure about UK though), pepperoni or the local variation of the word usually means the somewhat spicy longish peppers (chilis are the really hot kind). Paprika = sweet peppers, of which pepperoni is the diminutive. It is only in North America where pepperoni became associated with what is basically salami, as for the Italians that introduced it, it was a salami flavoured with pepperoni (peppers). You are the minority on this.

>>1086206
You would order a salami pizza. Diavola is spicy peppers ('pepperoni') + salami. It's a bit unusual but not totally unheard of to order a pure spicy pepper pizza. Probably the pizza guys were ignorant Turks who didn't know how to ask 'are you sure?'

>>1086244
brofist. My wife is fairly low maintenance too. Only thing she's really sensitive about is light pollution. I can sleep in front of a glowing screen or noon sun of I'm tired enough, no problem. She needs pitch dark. Less sound is good too, but if she's zonked enough she'll sleep. Overall she's less fussy than me (i.e. 'frugal') about accommodations and I'm already kinda indifferent, as long it's reasonably clean and has wifi. Many times I've had to tell her "seriously, we can afford not to slum it'.
>>
>>1081437
I don't know man, I had the best time ever travelling with my gf.

Made travelling with friends seem shitty.
>>
>>1081437
sounds like you're secretly gay, i'm sure you can find a buddy you can go brokeback with.
>>
>>1083108
>P.E.R.U C,U,CK
>>
File: 1440977797743.png (10 KB, 261x195) Image search: [Google]
1440977797743.png
10 KB, 261x195
>>1087022
We can say cuck again, anon.
>>
My gf is pretty much okay with everything I propose to do or see
>I'm cool as long as I'm with you
>>
>>1087044
she sounds like a cuck
>>
>>1087044
Does she ever suggest stuff herself? I cannot stand totally passive girls who want you to do absolutely everything.
>>
>>1087121
Hmm you're right but it's usually stuff I pick up from her talking what she wants to do one day.
>>
>>1081437
I'd agree with you but I had to deal with some faggot mutual buddy of mine who wanted me to sleep in a Johannesburg shack of a guy he met lest time he went to SA for an authentic experience while we toured Joburg and he was trucking serious.

Fug that shit I was born and raised in a ghetto fuck if I am gonna sleep in one for my vacation.
>>
>>1084294
Times are a changin'
>>
God this thread is fucking cancer.

Remember when /trv/ used to be a civil, normie board? Pepperidge Farm remembers...
Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.