[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moving to USA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: us flag.jpg (256 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
us flag.jpg
256 KB, 2000x1000
Not sure if this is the right board but I would like to move to the US from Sweden. I'm 18 years old and graduating Swedish high school this summer.

Would it be possible for me to move to USA? Maybe through studying there?
>>
>>1078689
here we go again. In a word... no
>>
>>1078692
Why not? I seriously gotta get out of here.
>>
>>1078689
We have 10 million+ illegal mexicans here. They give them driver's licenses in california. Move to california.
>>
>>1078689
Unless you speak Spanish and look brown you won't get away with it.

We only let Mexicans disrespect our laws because there is no way for us to stop them.
>>
>>1078763
Well, I speak Spanish and I have dark hair. Maybe I could tan a bit and sneak in.
>>
>>1078689
You could definitely apply to a college but it will probably be expensive. If you're just an average high school grad get ready to work as a janitor for $10/hour
>>
I've heard of some countries covering the cost of education if their students go abroad, but not all. Would the Swedish government pay all or a large part of your tuition? If not, then it's never going to be worth it for you to move for college. Perhaps it would be best to study abroad for a semester or year at some point, and look to move over after college.

Have you been to the US before? Do you know where you want to move specifically?
>>
>>1078775
Yeah, I wanna live in SoCal because that was the place I really liked when I was there. Everything was pretty much perfect imo.

The Swedish government can pay for part of the tuition and I could probably get some more financing if I looked around. Parents would probably contribute too.

I guess if this doesn't work out I'll study abroad for a year and try to move back, like you said.
>>
>>1078689
Good luck Swedebro, unfortunately liberals here don't like white people. Our immigration system is fucked. Hopefully if you go to college here, you'll find a way to stay afterwards.
>>
File: 30456054525.jpg (33 KB, 473x360) Image search: [Google]
30456054525.jpg
33 KB, 473x360
>Going from objectively the best country in the world to objectively the worst (developed) country in the world.
>>
>>1078911
>>1078911
Sweden is a mild, lingering kind of shitty that you don't notice when you visit but slowly eats away at you as you live there. It has a lot to do with everyone's spineless, complacent, sheepish attitude, and that everyone is satisfied with mediocrity, thinking striving for greatness is pretentious and excessive.

It took me about a year to fully understand why most young Swedes hate their country.
>>
>>1078911
>objectively best
>Sweden
You into cuckoldry or something?
>>
>>1079141
He's either butthurt or a troll. You should ignore him in either case.
>>
best bet would probably be to marry someone, no? come here for uni and you've got 4 years to get a gal to fall in love with you.

that or make yourself very attractive to employers, so they sponsor your work Visa? (is that what happens?) I don't know much about this, but maybe look into very specialized STEM programs?
>>
>>1079148

looked a little harder. and yeah you probably want to do pic related.
>>
>>1078998
Holy fucking shit. This is exactly it. I've been trying to put my finger on exactly what it is that's bothering and you just nailed it.
>>
>>1078689
I'd recommend getting your bachelors for free in Sweden, then transferring to the US for a Ph.D. If you choose the right field the university will pay you to go, put you in a different immigration category and once done get you a awesome job. But be careful, this is super important, this only true of very few fields, most will get you none of that. For example optics with physics BS is good right now. It is actually more complicated than I can post here, but you have a year or two, just do your research.
>>
>>1079163
No worries bro... the beautiful blonde girls and 5 AM clubs can only sustain you for so long... Especially when you realize how psycho them blondies be
>>
>>1078689
Do a one year work holiday visa in Canada instead... followed by one in New Zealand, one in South Korea, and one in Australia where you will learn oil rigging. That way when you get back to Sweden, you can work in the oil rigs in Norway, save up 1M kronor, and buy into a small business like a pub or restaurant in the US, giving you a business visa. Problem solved.
>>
>>1079172
Huh, that sounds interesting. I'm currently leaning more towards computer science than physics and I'm guessing that's not one of the fields that they want?
>>
>>1079173
So you're from Sweden or did you just live here for a while? What's a better place to live?
>>
M a r r i a g e

I bet anyone would want that 18 yearold body / sweden YES visa.
>>
>>1079178

I'm sure there is some CS specialization that is in very high demand. robotics? artificial intelligence? something related to finance?
>>
>>1079178
Computer science might work. You'd have look into it. At least you should be able to get a good job at the end. (Although a PhD is overkill for that unless you are aiming for Google or something.)

Also, I was thinking about it, since you are swedish, might as well try the green card lottery. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diversity_Immigrant_Visa
>>
>>1079172

You don't get a Ph.D after getting a bachelor's ya dingus
>>
>>1079377
well, you don't get a PhD before you get a bachelors.

Probably mean you get a masters first then a PhD? But all the US programs (of quality?) are now 5 year combined masters/PhD.

So, um...quality post. thanks for you input.
>>
>>1078689
Fuck off we're full.

>>1079377
It's not unheard of to go straight into a phd program after getting your undergrad. It's just insane to you because you're white trash.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.