[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /trv/ I am going to do driving lessons and my test at some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: car hire.jpg (38 KB, 500x263) Image search: [Google]
car hire.jpg
38 KB, 500x263
So /trv/ I am going to do driving lessons and my test at some point in the near future. I am from the UK and want to do the test in an automatic car. If I do this then I will only have my license to drive automatics.

I plan on doing a lot of travelling to some far-flung places in the future and would like to have the option of hiring cars in said places.

Now my question is to those of you who have hired cars around the world, are there usually f automatic cars available for hire in most places in the world? Or am I severley limiting my choice in the future and should do my test in a manual?

My reason for doing it in an automatic is that I am shit with the gears, and much more comfortable driving in an automatic.
>>
The only place that I have seen automatic cars as standard for rent was in the US. You'll probably have to pay a lot extra if you want an automatic car anywhere else but they should have some automatic cars in the lot.
>>
>>1078420
Israel rents mostly automatics. Otherwise, yeah, manual shift as the standard everywhere.

Just do a proper license for manual shift OP. It's not hard at all. It might feel complicated at first, but it'll quickly become second nature.
>>
>>1078425

There really isn't any reason not to do your test in a normal car. Especially if you are in Europe.
>>
>>1078430
OP here. I'm gonna emigrate from Europe in a few months, and I'm gonna settle in USA or Canada in the long term, hence why I'm not really too bothered about having a manual license for the UK
>>
Just getting a licence for driving automatic gearbox is shooting yourself in the foot.

Outside the US, it's almost exclusively stick. Especially at rental companies. You'll be paying extra for an automatic everywhere, if they have them at all.

Also, man the fuck up and drive stick. It's just SO much more fun.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.